perch!

fish17

Discouraged after being skunked yesterday, got out today with a smile on my face. 2 of us landed 80+, 50 keepers, in 4 hours...guess thats fishing! IMG_5996226962245.jpeg

Congratulations fish 17!! I didn`t see a Blue Tent out at Fanshawe Lake Today(around 10 a.m.) from your usual spot from yesterday,(But I did see a Beautiful Bald Eagle by the Dam), so I am guessing that these Perch were not caught on Fanshawe Lake today,(Long Point Bay?),unless there is another Honey Hole out there somewhere,on Fanshawe Lake. Either way,Excellent Fishing that you both had!! Enjoy the Perch Fry.:)

Your right, not fanshawe, one of the other utrca lakes tho. Kind of upset I missed the bald eagle tho!! Thanks stomp

Seems to be very hit and miss out on the bay this year. We had nothing to show when we went out 14 days back. Late last week we got a few, enough for a meal. The following day my buddies got 40 keepers and the day after that the crew was skunked again.

At least the perch are out there and do bite some days.

It definatly makes it worth while to give it a go this year. Good ice and some fish to boot on the right day...still trying to figure out what makes the "right day' :)

Welcome FisherPrice.The" right day" is anyone`s guess. Once they do show up, it is hard to keep the line in the water, Lots of FUN! ;) The Perch Bite can be quick & on & off all Day. Enjoy the rest of the Hard Water Season! :)

fish 17,it looks like I will be checking out another UTRCA area real soon. Thanks for Sharing! Your Photo did not look like Long Point Bay area in the background at all, I don`t know what I was thinking.:(:) The Bald Eagle is a resident of Fanshawe Lake,and especially this time of year, it Hunts the Duck`s & Geese that hang around the Bottom of Fanshawe Dam,when most of the river becomes frozen. Enjoy the Perch Fry!:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks