Off Topic Winter Sux

hvyhaul

Must be an age thing. (for me anyway)

Used to downhill ski, was an avid snowmobiler, was a rink rat etc.

Just pumped another 6-10 inches off the pool cover again today.

Boat has been wrapped for a while, all the crap to clear the driveway and sidewalks is sitting patiently waiting for the white stuff.

A half hearted apology to those who are having trouble waiting for the deep freeze and everything that comes with it but I won't be the least bit disappointed if it doesn't show and the stuff in the following picture never moves. 🤔😁🌻

h8wntr.jpg

Here I am watching a football game between two teams I couldn't care less about, dreaming of sunnier and warmer (and longer) days.

Given where I used to live, yeah I'm right there with ya HH..........That flaky white stuff that falls from the sky this time of year, I can do without it. I've more than seen my share of that stuff.

That said, I do like a very small dusting, (just enough that a sneeze will clear the windshield but NEVER cause any issues with highway conditions) on Christmas Day. I'd prefer it NOT fall on Christmas Eve because we go to my wife's dad's place and he doesn't live in London and although I have no problem driving in that stuff, Highbury kinda sucks when they haven't plowed it or it's windy and blowing onto the roads off the fields around the highway. A little dusting on Christmas Day, GONE boxing day.....I'm good with that. (supposedly we will be getting some starting tonight and into tomorrow, at times potentially heavy depending on where the squalls set up, or so they've said. Like you, I already rearranged my shed so the snow blower is easily accessible IF needed. Hopefully, it won't be. )

Yup, not a fan either
Had my first accident last Wednesday
Put both feet out of the truck thinking it was just gravel by the looks of it and well... it had a layer of ice on it , both feet up in the air and my legs following it I find myself lending on my left side back on the running board 🙄
Knocked the wind out of me kicking like a turtle 🐢 on its back not able to move
Had to roll on my front side to able to get up
Pain still there but slowly getting better I don't think any of the ribs are broken
I'm 6 foot 4 inch tall it must of been a sigth to see 👀
I'm with you @hvyhaul I be ok with no winter but I do like to get out on the ice too

Nice man-toy @Three Bouys , not meant to be dismissive.

I'm done playing in the snow and although most was done through a similar window, now I want it to be the front window of the house.

I was going to embed a few old pictures from the ice road, but even though they have been posted, they aren't available through the search menu. 🌻

Edited: Figured out an option 😁

iceroad2.jpg
iceroad1.jpg
tanks.jpg

Last edited:
Nice man-toy @Three Bouys , not meant to be dismissive.

I'm done playing in the snow and although most was done through a similar window, now I want it to be the front window of the house.

I was going to embed a few old pictures from the ice road, but even though they have been posted, they aren't available through the search menu. 🌻

Edited: Figured out an option 😁

Is that an autocar in the third pic ?hvyhaul

What till next months photos @stomp I’ll be be working on my tan and fishing in the Bahamas on some island I have no idea where it is.
He’s a fisherman/farmer from Schomberg area and has a cottage at the lake that I’ve gotten invited to come to his other place in the Bahamas the last 2 years.
So this time I’ve accepted and will be leaving Jan10-17th and only have to pay for a flight from Toronto to Nassau. Now his driver will pick me up and get me to where ever he is.
He’s going to show me what salt water fishing is all about because he can’t catch fresh water fish up here😂

Back