Off Topic Pickerel Chop

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Check out the pickerel chop just offshore here in Florida. 172 kph.
Hoping all are able to weather through yet another terrible storm and stay safe.

Attachments

• IMG_9044.png
    IMG_9044.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
Check out the pickerel chop just offshore here in Florida. 172 kph.
Hoping all are able to weather through yet another terrible storm and stay safe.
This hurricane 🌀 if it moves north up the eastern coast,will likely affect the Great Lakes somehow for 💨 windier 💨 conditions,for boating and fishing. 🚤🎣 But,the walleye’s 😉 will be able to handle,a good “walleye chop!” 🌊 🌊 🐟 😁👍🙂

This hurricane 🌀 if it moves north up the eastern coast,will likely affect the Great Lakes somehow for 💨 windier 💨 conditions,for boating and fishing. 🚤🎣 But,the walleye’s 😉 will be able to handle,a good “walleye chop!” 🌊 🌊 🐟 😁👍🙂
Season ending storm..
they always like to do that to us. 😔

It's not going to come north up the coast. Once it goes back out to sea near Southport NC it's heading for Bermuda as a tropical storm.

1693424805801.png

It's not going to come north up the coast. Once it goes back out to sea near Southport NC it's heading for Bermuda as a tropical storm.

View attachment 79076
Thanks 🙏 @Trevor M for correcting me on that,👊👊 and good to know! 👍 🙂 The Great Lakes are “safe” for now,from this hurricane 🌀 at least anyways 🌀! More to come later 🌀 into the Fall. Tight lines & walleye’s ON! tomorrow with @tailfeathers charter,if the 2 remaining spots were filled for tomorrow on @tailfeathers boat. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

@Derkd9 according to @Trevor M post from today,this 🌀hurricane 🌀 won’t be heading North up the eastern coast at all. The Great Lakes are “safe” for now! 🤞🤞 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
🤞 for everyone who still plans to get out
For me I might be done
Maybe Sunday or Monday if the forecast changes but I’m guessing that’s all she wrote for this guy
I do I want to get some perch and Pike in October from Long Point Inner Bay
So I will likely give the boat a break for a month or so then give her a couple more goes out there this fall before putting her to rest for the winter..
will be looking for a home in Glencoe this Fall
Might end up being a Glasgow guy next season
But I’d probably rather drive to Port Stanley then become a regular Glasgow fisherman 😉

For me I might be done
Maybe Sunday or Monday if the forecast changes but I’m guessing that’s all she wrote for this guy
So I will likely give the boat a break for a month or so then give her a couple more goes out there this fall before putting her to rest for the winter..
But I’d probably rather drive to Port Stanley then become a regular Glasgow fisherman 😉
Here I thought by your write up @Derkd9 about you maybe being a Glasgow guy next season,so therefore, I thought that the walleye’s off port Stanley would therefore be safe,from you fishing for them! 😒 lol 😂 Just kidding my friend,and there are millions of walleye’s everywhere as you know out on Lake Erie. So therefore,it really doesn’t matter on which port any angler leaves from,to catch these “abundant” walleye’s! Tight lines to all,and walleye’s ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🐟

You forgot to mention that lil trip you're taking in the VERY near future. You're gonna be a little busy for a couple weeks. 😉 Congrats again my friend. You're gonna love it out there. :)

Getting out tomorrow with Tom. May or may not try one trip to the pier closer to the end of Sept but haven't decided on that yet. Might call it a season a little early again. Will depend on how we do tomorrow, and how I'm feeling as the seasons begin to change and of course, in the back of my mind is I gotta start saving for Christmas.

Why Glencoe :wacky:o_O:ROFLMAO:

My mother in law's boyfriend has a place there and he spends more time here at her place in London than he does at his place in Glencoe (might go out there once a week or once every two weeks to check on the place lol)

@Derkd9 according to @Trevor M post from today,this 🌀hurricane 🌀 won’t be heading North up the eastern coast at all. The Great Lakes are “safe” for now! 🤞🤞 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
that's not according to me Red. That's according to the National Hurricane Center in the US. Looks like Bermuda, which has been getting the outer bands of Hurricane Franklin which for the most part, mainly missed the island, is going to take a direct hit from TS Idalia in a couple days. THIS is what's out there right now. Idalia has weakened to a post tropical depression but is expected to regain strength and become a tropical storm again before it gets to Bermuda. Franklin is just barely still a hurricane, Jose ain't gonna do much, that orange 'X" is the remnants of Gert and it might briefly become a tropical storm again, and that red 'X' is going to become a tropical depression or storm sometime tonight, but it'll die pretty quick too, so they say.

1693531389002.png

Last edited:
that's not according to me Red. That's according to the National Hurricane Center in the US. Looks like Bermuda, which has been getting the outer bands of Hurricane Franklin which for the most part, mainly missed the island, is going to take a direct hit from TS Idalia in a couple days.
I stand corrected @Trevor M 👍😉 just as long as the 🌀 hurricane’s 🌀 stay south,that would be just fine!! lol 😂 😉👍🙂

You forgot to mention that lil trip you're taking in the VERY near future. You're gonna be a little busy for a couple weeks. 😉 Congrats again my friend. You're gonna love it out there. :)

Getting out tomorrow with Tom. May or may not try one trip to the pier closer to the end of Sept but haven't decided on that yet. Might call it a season a little early again. Will depend on how we do tomorrow, and how I'm feeling as the seasons begin to change and of course, in the back of my mind is I gotta start saving for Christmas.

Why Glencoe :wacky:o_O:ROFLMAO:

My mother in law's boyfriend has a place there and he spends more time here at her place in London than he does at his place in Glencoe (might go out there once a week or once every two weeks to check on the place lol)
Ontario Plants is building there and I will be going there to run it so I have to live there 🤔
It’s a big city going to be a change that’s for sure

Uh oh, we're going to nearly be neighbors. Glencoe is anything but a big city unless you compare it to Wardsville or Appin. It does have a Timmies
for you. When is that green house set up scheduled to open? Do they grow veggies or just propagate plants. It's been months just in the ground work alone.

Uh oh, we're going to nearly be neighbors. Glencoe is anything but a big city unless you compare it to Wardsville or Appin. It does have a Timmies
for you. When is that green house set up scheduled to open? Do they grow veggies or just propagate plants. It's been months just in the ground work alone.
there has been some delays.. looking like we will be starting to propagate tomato cucumber pepper eggplant beginning late summer early fall 2024.

I'm on the beach in Corolla NC Outer Banks this week..we sat through the storm..no problems except for big winds and seas...talk about a walleye chop. Here's a vid of the beach and ocean..those are honest 10' breakers coming in...blah, I've seen worse at Glasgow!!20230831_175258.jpg

Attachments

• 20230831_175303.jpg
    20230831_175303.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 5
For me I might be done
Lots of fishing opportunities still until mid to end of November
Smallmouth fishing just starting to be good as well walleye, but it's mostly smaller lakes
Perch will start end of September on Erie east as well long point bay
Huron and Georgian bay trout at river mouths
Fall is my favorite time to fish
So many different species you can go after
If you focus only on trolling than yes fall time is not the best

Lots of fishing opportunities still until mid to end of November
Smallmouth fishing just starting to be good as well walleye, but it's mostly smaller lakes
Perch will start end of September on Erie east as well long point bay
Huron and Georgian bay trout at river mouths
Fall is my favorite time to fish
So many different species you can go after
If you focus only on trolling than yes fall time is not the best
In the quoted message I stated I plan to go for perch and pike in October.
My fingers were crossed only for those who still plan to troll Lake Erie for walleye for another few weeks 🤷🏻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks