Fishing Report Elbow July 12

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Slept in as the morning winds looked a bit much. Headed to Collins by boat for some minnows, only to find out there aren't any... So off to the elbow I go

Set up lines at noon, dipsys on 3 with the rings on, orange spoon at 120 and green yalleye at 85 speed at 2.8-3mph. Couldn't keep the bows off either line. Took a few Walley off the same spread, but the highlight was when the Ostrander passed by (and probably saw me struggling) both lines lit up with bows... Somehow I landed both! Had to tighten the drag on the other rod in the holder while fighting the first one, I had to cut the line and leave the Yalleye in the net to get the second spoon caught one out!

Went 5/7 bows and 2/2 eyes. Pulled lines by 3:30 and headed in on a rare afternoon glass Erie (y)

Attachments

• 20230712_135253_HDR.jpg
    20230712_135253_HDR.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 20230712_141531_HDR.jpg
    20230712_141531_HDR.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 20230712_165009.jpg
    20230712_165009.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 20230712_180736.jpg
    20230712_180736.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 20230712_143902.jpg
    20230712_143902.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 592
Slept in as the morning winds looked a bit much. Headed to Collins by boat for some minnows, only to find out there aren't any... So off to the elbow I go

Set up lines at noon, dipsys on 3 with the rings on, orange spoon at 120 and green yalleye at 85 speed at 2.8-3mph. Couldn't keep the bows off either line. Took a few Walley off the same spread, but the highlight was when the Ostrander passed by (and probably saw me struggling) both lines lit up with bows... Somehow I landed both! Had to tighten the drag on the other rod in the holder while fighting the first one, I had to cut the line and leave the Yalleye in the net to get the second spoon caught one out!

Went 5/7 bows and 2/2 eyes. Pulled lines by 3:30 and headed in on a rare afternoon glass Erie (y)
Excellent trout & walleye fishing there @Extra Virgin !! 👍👍 Were the perch not biting today? 🤔 I and likely others,were expecting another perch bite report from you,lol 🤣😉 but those rainbow’s and walleye’s look delicious!! 😋 👍👍🙂

Excellent trout & walleye fishing there @Extra Virgin !! 👍👍 Were the perch not biting today? 🤔 I and likely others,were expecting another perch bite report from you,lol 🤣😉 but those rainbow’s and walleye’s look delicious!! 😋 👍👍🙂
I guess that I should except your invite @Extra Virgin because your day of fishing today looked fantastic!! 👍👍🙂

Looks, Sounds like a great time,, congrats....
Went to burwell and got skunked, but it was a very nice evening on the water non the less...
What time were you out? I am thinking of going to Burwell Saturday if the winds allow but with everyone catching rainbows at the elbow it makes me wonder

Read my post again for the answers 🤷‍♂️
I meant the guy at Burwell. Ya i saw you went out at noon which was encouraging. I'd like to take my Dad down but it's a two hour drive and i don't want to leave crazy early or get home late. When everyone talks the elbow is this a fairly general area? (i know the area they mean) Just go around there and start to troll?

I meant the guy at Burwell. Ya i saw you went out at noon which was encouraging. I'd like to take my Dad down but it's a two hour drive and i don't want to leave crazy early or get home late. When everyone talks the elbow is this a fairly general area? (i know the area they mean) Just go around there and start to troll?
It pretty much is a general area. I started in the centre and worked my way around the lighthouse side in 65' ish to 75' and stayed in that depth the whole time

Great catch & report Extra virgin.
I'm not 100% or even 50% sure but aren't them silver fish all salmon ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks