Port Burwell Thursday am.

tailfeathers

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Left the dock at 7am due south for a half hour. Started setting lines 4 in and one on the leadcore. Wrestle it to the boat and it was a 10 lb sheepshead lol. Ran 2 dipseys back 110 and 6 leadcores 5s and 6s pulled lines at 10.30 to the dock at 11.20. Most anything purple worked 58 ft to 61.

Attachments

• 20230706_103223.jpg
    20230706_103223.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 20230706_103105.jpg
    20230706_103105.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 160
Nice catch tailfeathers!
Trying to make a run down to burwell this week.. good fishing going on east of the point but west of point is just different.

Thanks for sharing today's results.

Left the dock at 7am due south for a half hour. Started setting lines 4 in and one on the leadcore. Wrestle it to the boat and it was a 10 lb sheepshead lol. Ran 2 dipseys back 110 and 6 leadcores 5s and 6s pulled lines at 10.30 to the dock at 11.20. Most anything purple worked 58 ft to 61.
Using both sides of the net today @tailfeathers ?

Great photo’s and fishing post @tailfeathers 👍 with some very happy client’s there,and three “Thumbs Up!!” for sure & well done!! 👍👍👍 Enjoy your walleye fry to you all! 🐟🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

Fish seem to be feeding closer to the bottom this early in the season seems unusual.
I don’t run a fish hawk or anything like that but wondering what the water temperature is threw the water columns and if this has anything to do with it.

Fish seem to be feeding closer to the bottom this early in the season seems unusual.
I don’t run a fish hawk or anything like that but wondering what the water temperature is threw the water columns and if this has anything to do with it.

That's a look at the water temp strata. Looks pretty warm up high.

@Derkd9 . Here's another option that`s cheaper . You can set it to record temps at every 5' down OR record the depth and temp at your dipsy .
Just clip it on your line at whatever depth on your counter , send it down , give it a min or so then retrieve . On the back are clear instructions on how to operate it , simple . Battery life is supposed to be something like 20 yrs . Not sure how true that is . Bought mine in 2018 and still working . If you`re interested in it , do your research on it and pm me and I`ll cut you a good deal .

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 18
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks