Fishing Report Glasgow morning 7/1/2023

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
What a difference a day makes. Got a text from the man I was taking fishing last night around 11:00 PM telling me he checked the weather and he thought it would be too windy for him because he does not like waves so he postponed his trip for a calmer day. So I guess it was another solo trip which does not bother me. I had the best 2 hours of fishing this year so far. As I had a dock last night I did not have to wait in line and it was busy this morning. I left my house after 4:00 AM to get a good start. Got to my boat around 5:00 AM and got the equipment ready and headed out to 53 fow. First rod down at 6:05 AM 1 rigger and 1 dipsy. Dipsy back 65 on 3 rigger down 42' and with a slider. First fish on dipsy at 6:10 AM was a nice 4lb Walleye. Reset Dipsy and rigger goes off before I set Dipsy. Grabbed rigger and had Wally's on both main and slider. My netting skills were put to the test this morning. Got both fish in the boat then reset Dipsy and rigger. As soon as I set rigger it fired again and I grabbed the rod and then the dipsy fired. First triple this year and to my amazement I got all 3 fish in the net. By 7:00 AM I had around 13 fish but lost count. By 7:55 I had 22 Walleye in the boat and just kept upgrading keeping fish 4 to 6 lbs and releasing the others. Only 3 babies this morning. My netting skills have improved a great deal as I did not lose any fish even when I had to net 3 at the same time. Back at the dock with no rainbows again at 8:15 AM. Cleaned fish at station then went and got my trailer and loaded up the boat. All in all a great morning but I am soaking wet with sweat. Thats all until sometime next week.

Attachments

• today dock.jpg
    today dock.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 99
  • today sunrise.jpg
    today sunrise.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 102
  • double header same rod.jpg
    double header same rod.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 91
  • triple header.jpg
    triple header.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 86
  • couple nice ones.jpg
    couple nice ones.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 81
  • baby 1.jpg
    baby 1.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 80
  • baby 2.jpg
    baby 2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 83
  • home bound.jpg
    home bound.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
That’s a glorious day! Should have went out solo myself as all of my fishin buddies went to cottages…

And the rest of the weekend doest look to good for Burwell…

Congrats on a wicked day!

Tuesday morning is looking good for us. Only got one pic last time out so lots of room for improvement. Tight Lines Everyone!
Tight lines back to you as well @Could get Ugly 👍👍 and you should be good for 2 walleye’s tomorrow instead of just one,like on your last trip! lol 😂 Just kidding pal,and limit’s to the both of you tomorrow! It also sounds like,that Port Glasgow will be a busy place tomorrow,especially with this fantastic weather coming tomorrow,along with the light winds! Tight lines to all,and walleye’s ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Back