Fishing Report Elbow June 25

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got out to the elbow again this morning only for a few hours. Funny how everyone is at the exact location I posted yesterday :unsure:

I'm certain I found the spot, depth and bait to use that will hopefully quickly land me a limit. I'll post details next weekend if I'm correct...

Kept two eyes and a small Chinook I must have dragged unnoticed long enough that mouth to mouth couldn't save it, so off to the smoker for a burger topping ๐Ÿคค

Attachments

• 20230625_080608_HDR.jpg
    20230625_080608_HDR.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20230625_131346.jpg
    20230625_131346.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 108
Got out to the elbow again this morning only for a few hours. Funny how everyone is at the exact location I posted yesterday :unsure:

I'm certain I found the spot, depth and bait to use that will hopefully quickly land me a limit. I'll post details next weekend if I'm correct...

Kept two eyes and a small Chinook I must have dragged unnoticed long enough that mouth to mouth couldn't save it, so off to the smoker for a burger topping ๐Ÿคค
Nicely done @Extra Virgin and the water looks great!! ๐Ÿ‘ Did you had to manoeuvre around the many boatโ€™s in the inner bay that were fishing for bass first,to finally get out to the outer bay,and then eventually to the elbow area again today? ๐Ÿค” Or were there less boats fishing for smallmouth bass and or largemouth bass today,compared to the opening of the bass season? Thanks in advance,๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š in case my wife and I plan on going for some smallmouth bass fishing through this coming week. Enjoy your fish fry,especially the small salmon. ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
Nicely done @Extra Virgin and the water looks great!! ๐Ÿ‘ Did you had to manoeuvre around the many boatโ€™s in the inner bay that were fishing for bass first,to finally get out to the outer bay,and then eventually to the elbow area again today? ๐Ÿค” Or were there less boats fishing for smallmouth bass and or largemouth bass today,compared to the opening of the bass season? Thanks in advance,๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š in case my wife and I plan on going for some smallmouth bass fishing through this coming week. Enjoy your fish fry,especially the small chinook salmon. ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
The early morning crowd was definitely thinner than yesterday, but the pottahawk omnidirectional shitshow waves on the way back were terrible.

Still the few die hards of yesteryear inside bait island hoping to see and land smallies. Plenty out in the channel too.

Give the bay a few days Red as it's just a complete churned up salad bowl from this weekend's traffic.

The early morning crowd was definitely thinner than yesterday, but the pottahawk omnidirectional shitshow waves on the way back were terrible.

Still the few die hards of yesteryear inside bait island hoping to see and land smallies. Plenty out in the channel too.

Give the bay a few days Red as it's just a complete churned up salad bowl from this weekend's traffic.
Thanks for your reply back to me @Extra Virgin like always. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ™‚ and what a good friend you are!! lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚ We donโ€™t mind salad ๐Ÿฅ— with our smallmouth bass ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ ๐Ÿ˜‹ @Extra Virgin ,that we hopefully will be catching. We were going to wait a few dayโ€™s anyways,because the weather for the start of this coming week doesnโ€™t look that good! ๐ŸŒง๏ธ rain and wind ๐Ÿ’จ as of now,but we will play it day by day. We will keep in touch. ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Only got 1 Walleye and 1 Silver Bass at the Elbow and area today. But it was a great day out there. Potta hawk chop was crazy on the way in.

That's not a Chinny. Hard to tell from the pic but I'm thinking coho. Kings mouths and gums are black tail isn't as bifurcated

Thanks for the fish ID... was sunbaked when I posted. You are correct, it had a black tongue and white near the teeth

Itโ€™s a small king. Not coho. Look at the tail. Spots all over. Cohos only have spots on the top edge. We caught 2/4 cohos Sunday in Nanticoke in 68 fow. These where the two cohos we caught. Lost two maybe rainbows but from the fight I think they were cohos

Attachments

• Resized_20230625_182721.jpeg
    Resized_20230625_182721.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Resized_20230625_182734.jpeg
    Resized_20230625_182734.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 23
Back