Fishing Report Port Stanley June 11th 2023

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hit the ramp by 5:30 stopped in 35 fow didn’t mark much so head out to 40 still didn’t see much went a bit further to 45 saw a bit of bait nothing special tho so put the lines in anyways trolled along to 50 and put one in the box trilled around there for a bit didn’t get anything so head back to shallower water again as the sonar was dead. Got back to 43 fow and started marking some hooks and get one in the box after a while of nothing then again nothing wasn’t marking much went back out to 48 fow with nothing so head back towards where we picked up the last fish around 43fow and marked some fish again but still nothing so went to turn back around and two rods went off got one lost the other
Tried doing this a couple more times with no luck marked fish a few more times but they weren’t interested
I switched spoons up many times
Tried ripplin Redfins with no luck
2 Fish came on #1 dipsy 0.5 setting 55ft out in 43
And 1 fish #0 dispsy 3 setting 140ft out in 50fow

Fish we lost was in 43 fow 👎 seemed to be the happen spot where I marked some decent hooks
I didn’t mark much bait so I’m guessing the bigger number of walleye are still hanging near Glasgow and Port Burwell.

Will only get better the next few weeks 👍

Oh yah and the bugs were bad. Hahaha
IMG_7357.jpeg
IMG_7351.jpegIMG_7331.jpeg

Better the midges (fish flies) than those nasty buggers that'll take a chunk out of ya. Couple years ago on the pier the hatch was so bad that the light tower that is normally white and green, was black. I didn't need to take any food with me for a couple days that week (not that I would have anyways, unless my parents come to visit me on the pier and mom brings me some of her homemade cookies or banana bread, I don't eat while I'm fishin) I unintentionally ate enough midges, and usually do when they hatch, that I wasn't hungry anyways ;):oops::sick:

Better the midges (fish flies) than those nasty buggers that'll take a chunk out of ya. Couple years ago on the pier the hatch was so bad that the light tower that is normally white and green, was black. I didn't need to take any food with me for a couple days that week (not that I would have anyways, unless my parents come to visit me on the pier and mom brings me some of her homemade cookies or banana bread, I don't eat while I'm fishin) I unintentionally ate enough midges, and usually do when they hatch, that I wasn't hungry anyways ;):oops::sick:
Hahahabyah I ingested a few before I got the net on
Also there was a couple of those black flies as well but not bad yet

:unsure:Hasn't been a hatch yet by the pier that I've heard of, and certainly hasn't been while I've been there. Maybe it'll happen when the weather sucks this week and they won't be too much of nuisance this year.

Hit the ramp by 5:30 stopped in 35 fow didn’t mark much so head out to 40 still didn’t see much went a bit further to 45 saw a bit of bait nothing special tho so put the lines in anyways trolled along to 50 and put one in the box trilled around there for a bit didn’t get anything so head back to shallower water again as the sonar was dead. Got back to 43 fow and started marking some hooks and get one in the box after a while of nothing then again nothing wasn’t marking much went back out to 48 fow with nothing so head back towards where we picked up the last fish around 43fow and marked some fish again but still nothing so went to turn back around and two rods went off got one lost the other
Tried doing this a couple more times with no luck marked fish a few more times but they weren’t interested

Fish we lost was in 43 fow 👎 seemed to be the happen spot where I marked some decent hooks
I didn’t mark much bait so I’m guessing the bigger number of walleye are still hanging near Glasgow and Port Burwell.

View attachment 74364
View attachment 74365View attachment 74366
That’s a very nice early start
at the boat ramp,( 5:30 a.m. ),👍 and my favourite part of the day!! Thanks for the update @Derkd9 👍 for I & likely others as well,were wondering on how your fishing ended up today. At least you and your friend got a meal each for your effort today,but those bug’s would have have been very annoying for you both!! Been there & done that with those irritating bug’s as well,from over the year’s,while I was walleye/rainbow fishing out on Lake Erie. You are right as well,on that it will only get better out there on Lake Erie for the fishing,perhaps a little early yet,for great numbers in the Central Basin,unless you happen to find a descent school of walleye’s this early in the year,or go much further west,towards the Leamington area,etc. Enjoy your walleye fry 🐟🐟😋 to the both of you,and well deserved!! 👊👊 👍👍🙂

Great job getting out Derk and getting into some fish.:) I am sure it is only a couple weeks away and they will be showing up in generous numbers..
Those fish flies can be a pain....I remember rolling into a gas station one time and there was a guy vacuuming the the entire front of the store section because the windows were literally covered with them....good move with the headnet.👍

John

View attachment 74364
View attachment 74365View attachment 74366
Glad to hear you got fish bud. Those bad bugs are a BIG nusense. If you had more Wind- it would have kept them away. Thanks for the report. Great photos.

That’s a very nice early start
at the boat ramp,( 5:30 a.m. ),👍 and my favourite part of the day!! Thanks for the update @Derkd9 👍 for I & likely others as well,were wondering on how your fishing ended up today. At least you and your friend got a meal each for your effort today,but those bug’s would have have been very annoying for you both!! Been there & done that with those irritating bug’s as well,from over the year’s,while I was walleye/rainbow fishing out on Lake Erie. You are right as well,on that it will only get better out there on Lake Erie for the fishing,perhaps a little early yet,for great numbers in the Central Basin,unless you happen to find a descent school of walleye’s this early in the year,or go much further west,towards the Leamington area,etc. Enjoy your walleye fry 🐟🐟😋 to the both of you,and well deserved!! 👊👊 👍👍🙂
The walleye fry was yummy 🤤 😋
IMG_7361.jpegIMG_7364.jpegIMG_7369.jpegIMG_7375.jpeg

Back