Fishing Report Pike - Inner Bay - Wednesday, May 10th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Tried Pike this morning for approximately 2 1/2 hours fishing with Albert (Intrepid). Fishing with his boat is a bit of a handicap but it didn't matter much today. We had planned to keep two smaller pike each to eat but ended up having to keep 5 that completely swallowed the hooks. We quit after 5. Typically catch and release is great fishing a jig but not this morning. It was:
1. strike and miss
2. strike and lose the fish
3. strike and the jig is down his throat.
It may be we are getting too old and our reflexes are not what they used to be. Anyway, the fishing was excellent and the derby on the 13th should provide participants with lots of action.
Saw Jumbos out there perching. Didn't recognize him with his sun glasses. He seemed to be doing OK.

Nice! Have you ever tried circle hooks on pike? I am heading out Friday and I plan to try some big minnows on a circle hook- I even have it rigged up already. Apparently those hooks can pull out from deep down in there and just catch the corner of the mouth.

Then again, I also want to keep some eaters, so I might revert to my usual gear...

Good to hear you’re on them @Duck Soup Heading out tomorrow with @stomp to do a test hit and get ready for the tourny. Hope to see you again at weigh in. If not we will cross paths on the water.
Is pre-fishing allowed @Three Bouys with your pike tournament partner @stomp ?? 🤔 lol 😆 Tight lines to the both of you,and to the many others,that are competing in this years Spring Pike Tournament. Tight lines & Pike ON!! to All! 👍👍🙂

Tried Pike this morning for approximately 2 1/2 hours fishing with Albert (Intrepid). Fishing with his boat is a bit of a handicap but it didn't matter much today. We had planned to keep two smaller pike each to eat but ended up having to keep 5 that completely swallowed the hooks. We quit after 5. Typically catch and release is great fishing a jig but not this morning. It was:
1. strike and miss
2. strike and lose the fish
3. strike and the jig is down his throat.
It may be we are getting too old and our reflexes are not what they used to be. Anyway, the fishing was excellent and the derby on the 13th should provide participants with lots of action.
Saw Jumbos out there perching. Didn't recognize him with his sun glasses. He seemed to be doing OK.
Nice to see you two out there…..hope you get your boat back soon and without to heavy of a bill. We got enough keeper perch for a good feed. It was more to get Ashley out on the water, as she had a heavy work load at university this past year.

Attachments

• 8787511A-C41F-466F-A02E-840053E8528E.jpeg
    8787511A-C41F-466F-A02E-840053E8528E.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 98
Nice to see you two out there…..hope you get your boat back soon and without to heavy of a bill. We got enough keeper perch for a good feed. It was more to get Ashley out on the water, as she had a heavy work load at university this past year.
A nice photo and congratulations @jumbos to the both of you on your perch catch & a rock bass catch as well,that Ashley is holding. It has been a while for you @jumbos posting on @stomp again,and please keep your fishing reports coming. Enjoy your fish fry,and tight lines to the rest of the year. 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
I know that girl. She serves me🍟🌭. Hope you out fished dad Ashley👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks