Off Topic Bluewater Salmon Derby

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well with the weather forecast for the weekend looking like rain all the way through, looks like I am going to get wet. As long as no lightning I will be out bright and early Friday morning as long as it is not too windy or raining cats and dogs. I have fished this derby since it began 47 years ago. I now remember why I stopped fishing this derby about 15 years ago. The weather gods have decided that this derby needs to feel all its fury. Funny how the weather seems to get much better for the spring derby in Kincardine on the May 24 week.

Last edited:
Well with the weather forecast for the weekend looking like rain all the way through, looks like I am going to get wet. As long as no lightning I will be out bright and early Friday morning as long as it is not too windy or raining cats and dogs. I have fished this derby since it began 47 years ago. I now remember why I stopped fishing this derby about 15 years ago. The weather gods have decided that this derby needs to feel all its fury. Funny how the weather seems to get much better for the spring derby in Kincardine on the May 24 week.
Hey when did Charter Boat captains ever let a little wind and rain ruin their day? 😁

Hey when did Charter Boat captains ever let a little wind and rain ruin their day? 😁
That's the key word Bob. A little wind or rain will not stop me but if the waves start coming into the little 18' Legend I am heading for shore. The Legend is a tad smaller than my Trophy was.

Attachments

• Trophy1.jpg
    Trophy1.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 38
  • charter boat and truck.JPG
    charter boat and truck.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 39
Scrimmy...are those outriggers on the Trophy? I see them on saltwater boats down south but not often up here. Always thought they would be a good addition on Erie...your thoughts?

Scrimmy...are those outriggers on the Trophy? I see them on saltwater boats down south but not often up here. Always thought they would be a good addition on Erie...your thoughts?
Yes DaveJ they are outriggers. I got annoyed at having to bring in my big boards when the waves were to big. I installed them for that reason and they worked awesome in the rough weather.

That boat is looking good @scrimmy 👍 but that clean shine on your boat,might scare the salmon,etc., towards my boat out on Lake Huron while I am fishing as well,but I am fine with that!! lol 😆 😉 Here’s hoping that we will meet up one day,during the 10 day 47th Salmon Derby. Tight lines my friend,and Salmon,trout,etc., ON!! See ya on the water! 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks