Fishing Report LPB perch bite

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Brandon and his friends went out to do a little perch fishing and their results were astounding!!! They came in with almost a 2 man limit. They thought they would play it safe and stopped at 95. But on the fish cleaning table the count was 99.
I stayed back to wax and clean the Wellcraft but had to stop and clean fish for them.
F56DD70A-2455-42DC-8F2D-6C924CF64E74.jpeg

Brandon and his friends went out to do a little perch fishing and their results were astounding!!! They came in with almost a 2 man limit. They thought they would play it safe and stopped at 95. But on the fish cleaning table the count was 99.
I stayed back to wax and clean the Wellcraft but had to stop and clean fish for them.
View attachment 72296
Nice!! 👍 Pink Croc!! lol 😝 😉 and the perch catch as well,of course,and luckily that you did stop at 95,so you thought,and that was cutting it very close,at 99!! 😅 😬 😉 Enjoy your perch fry to you all!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

Great fishing,
For that reason so there is no mistake in the count I have a clicker on the boat to keep track of numbers View attachment 72298
I have one in my chair when I'm sittin on the pier for the same reason. Would hate to have the CO show up and ask me how many I had and not be able to show/tell him and have him start pulling them out to count'em. Have seen him do it to others (their own fault for not being able to tell him how many they had) and they weren't happy he was cutting into their fishing time, especially when people around them, including me, were still catching fish.

Even with a counter, they still make you count them manually when they come knockin'. I also learned that the Bigmouth Catch counters are not 100% reliable either, we would have been over had we not stopped a couple shy of our 100 last time I got checked. It read 95 and we had 98. We always have the manual counters on the boat too but they are only as reliable as the operators which isn't very good in my experience....

0e76c60adbf608cecb023141a3df6d71--fish-coolers.jpg

Even with a counter, they still make you count them manually when they come knockin'. I also learned that the Bigmouth Catch counters are not 100% reliable either, we would have been over had we not stopped a couple shy of our 100 last time I got checked. It read 95 and we had 98. We always have the manual counters on the boat too but they are only as reliable as the operators which isn't very good in my experience....

0e76c60adbf608cecb023141a3df6d71--fish-coolers.jpg
Yes correct as good as the operator
Once we get to 90 we do a manual count and keep the remaining in a separate bucket
Rather have a few less the deal with the hassle if over

Back in the Hastings days, we used to put 10 in a bucket at a time and then use the counter to tally up the number of buckets til we got to 200. It was easy to check if you missed one or not that way by double checking each bucket full before dumping it. We don't have this problem very often anymore though

Back in the Hastings days, we used to put 10 in a bucket at a time and then use the counter to tally up the number of buckets til we got to 200. It was easy to check if you missed one or not that way by double checking each bucket full before dumping it. We don't have this problem very often anymore though
That was the way I did it on those Hasting days @G.Mech I came in where we use to launch with what I thought was our limit. There stood Cliff ( game warden)waiting for me and wanted to count my catch. I was 3 over and charged with 1 over my limit, That 1 over cost me almost $200 and he took off running like a fox after handing me the ticket and taking 3 fish. Needles to say, he had more names thrown at him other than “Cliff”😂

That was the way I did it on those Hasting days @G.Mech I came in where we use to launch with what I thought was our limit. There stood Cliff ( game warden)waiting for me and wanted to count my catch. I was 3 over and charged with 1 over my limit, That 1 over cost me almost $200 and he took off running like a fox after handing me the ticket and taking 3 fish. Needles to say, he had more names thrown at him other than “Cliff”😂
I had to count one time coming into Burwell too, he told me I was allowed two over for 100 and if it weren't for some creative 'slight of hand' maneuvers, I would have had 103..... I would share my trick but us magicians just don't do that!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks