has the p66 finally bit the dust after 11yrs?

live2fish

Hello,

I currently have a HDS Carbon 12" and a 9". I have a LSS-2 hooked to the 12 as well as an airmar p66. I hooked up everything yesterday and turned the unit on. First time since Nov. The temp is showing, and the structure depth as well (side scan) the main depth showed at first but then stopped. I now have dashes. I have tried to do a soft reset, hard reset and even selecting the 12" in the network settings for the depth.... NONE of the above has worked ! I then unplugged the 12" and plugged in the 9" unit.... had the exact same results. I am thinking the P66 may be shot and in need of a replacement.
I am also thinking I may switch the LSS-2 out with the AI-3-1. But I need to know... does it show temp? Will it be ok driving the boat in 200-300' of great Lakes water and not losing bottom? I see the spec says it has 83hz which is what I think I used on the p66 to keep bottom. But I think the Lss-2 shows temp, or maybe its the airmar p66 that is getting the reading? Before I switch them out I need to know if the AI 3-1 shows temp? or would I need a different ducer for the temp reading?As well, I may take the boat out on sunday and see if the numbers somehow magically decide to appear again. If the ducer is shot, what airmar do you guys like for tracking bottom in deep water. I fish the great lakes and often 200-350' of water. The p66 didn't have any issues tracking bottom. Does anyone on here have any experience in the Great Lakes with the Tm150M, tm 165 HW or B75 H

I have 3in1, it shows temp. I don't lose bottom till about 30 mph but I dont like going full throttle anyways. Thinking of adding 165 as well but not 109% ready to pull the trigger yet

My 3 in 1 sits in a box. I was never happy with it. I have the HW 165 now and am quite pleased. Never loose bottom and can mark fish at speed. Went with a Rytech mount for the tweekability. Much better sonar pictures. I have not been in really deep water with it yet. I don't anticipate any issues with the 600 watts of power. I would buy again. BE careful running transducer out of the water. They can overheat and destroy themselves.

My 3 in 1 sits in a box. I was never happy with it. I have the HW 165 now and am quite pleased. Never loose bottom and can mark fish at speed. Went with a Rytech mount for the tweekability. Much better sonar pictures. I have not been in really deep water with it yet. I don't anticipate any issues with the 600 watts of power. I would buy again. BE careful running transducer out of the water. They can overheat and destroy themselves.

Does your he 165 connect to the blue pkug
port on the Hds or the structure port? I’ve read different things on this so bit confused. I see on the radio world website they have a Lowrance one that u gotta order for around $839 then an airmar one with an adapter? That’s much cheaper. Assuming you have Hds as well did you get the one with adapter? If so it does connect to blue port correct? Thank you so much for your help.

I'm in Woodstock so sourced mine locally. Mine came with standard Lowrance/Simrad plug . Seems like you can order with different ends ?

Attachments

• PXL_20230411_200619665.jpg
    PXL_20230411_200619665.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20230411_200622251.jpg
    PXL_20230411_200622251.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 1
Picture is the plug on the 3in1. Unplugged it and plugged in 165 no adapter. Unit is Simrad go9. Does not fit this plug in my ancient lcx-27c

Attachments

• PXL_20230411_202122499.jpg
    PXL_20230411_202122499.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm in Woodstock so sourced mine locally. Mine came with standard Lowrance/Simrad plug . Seems like you can order with different ends ?
Radio world has one that’s “Lowrance” and plugs right into it , but gotta be ordered then they got the “airmar” (almost half the price and in stock) one but it mentions needing an adapter cable for it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks