Off Topic Harbingers of Spring ?

Well I saw a Robin yesterday ! Not big news but always a good sign that Spring is around the corner but then I seen a Turkey Vulture and that confirmed it !
Nice 👍 @Old Cut LongPointer lots of robins have been around now for awhile along the Thames River in the past few weeks,while I have been walleye fishing,but you seeing a Turkey Vulture,that would be great to see to confirm that it was the first sign of Spring for you. A flock of Tundra Swans flew over mine and @Could get Ugly head’s,while we were walleye fishing along the Thames River yesterday. For me at least anyways,if I saw or heard a red-wing blackbird,that usually confirmed that spring was officially here. Skunk cabbage,( photo’s),were starting to peak through the snow along some wet area’s yesterday as well,where we were fishing. Enjoy your day,because a lot of sunshine is in the forecast,with milder temperatures. Hello Spring!! 🥰 🌞 😎👍

Attachments

• 746891BC-EFCD-4E7D-9FEF-18D205F209E9.jpeg
    746891BC-EFCD-4E7D-9FEF-18D205F209E9.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 49
  • A1AF116F-9E95-4782-8A4F-53F906206041.jpeg
    A1AF116F-9E95-4782-8A4F-53F906206041.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 49
I also saw a turkey vulture yesterday. I guess it is warming up if the vultures can smell the previously frozen dead things. Interesting point: so can my dog, who rolls in it :sick:

Plus this morning I spooked a great blue heron on the Speed river, a sure sign that the shallows are coming alive. And last week Canada geese already fighting for nesting sites.

Yes lots of Robins and Vultures in and around Wardsville. Yesterday we where lucky to see a Meadowlark

Nice 👍 @Old Cut LongPointer lots of robins have been around now for awhile along the Thames River in the past few weeks,while I have been walleye fishing,but you seeing a Turkey Vulture,that would be great to see to confirm that it was the first sign of Spring for you. A flock of Tundra Swans flew over mine and @Could get Ugly head’s,while we were walleye fishing along the Thames River yesterday. For me at least anyways,if I saw or heard a red-wing blackbird,that usually confirmed that spring was officially here. Skunk cabbage,( photo’s),were starting to peak through the snow along some wet area’s yesterday as well,where we were fishing. Enjoy your day,because a lot of sunshine is in the forecast,with milder temperatures. Hello Spring!! 🥰 🌞 😎👍
Yesterday @Red Hering on the causeway before the bridge, the west side had thousands of Tundra Swans. As for the Red Wing Black bird, they have arrived and that’s all you hear over the other birds
3E6EE6BA-16B4-4183-82A3-AA7051E2330C.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks