Off Topic Saw a flash...

Finest kind. 🤪

Memories of a 24 hr long trip to Zug Island and back. Everything was normal until Chatham and then the sky became angry..... very angry. :oops:

Once in a lifetime thunder blizzard. 🌻

Then... Thunderstruck! Thundersnowstorm in Londontown!
Thundersnow apparently it’s called,and I saw it & heard it here in London as well. Very cool
& my first time ever experiencing this phenomenon. 👍👍🙂

Lots of lightning and thunder here in the metropolis of Wardsville as well. Plus a few quick power outages that quickly returned.

Thunder snow storm here in brantford. What a mess shoveling. I think it’s snowing and raining at the same time.

I watched it flashing and heard it rumbling here in the east end of London as well earlier tonight.

The property management contracted out the snow removal this year and they've been coming through with a salt shaker on the back of a pick up and a big front end loader to plow. (when necessary) It's in here right now and the snow is so wet and so heavy that the pile he was pushing stopped him, the wheels started spinning, and he had to back up and get a run at it to get it to move again right in front of my place.

:nailbiting: seeing that.....I dunno if my lil bitty snow blower is gonna go through it tomorrow morning and I damn sure won't be able to use a shovel on it if it's THAT heavy.

We had it downtown Toronto as well.

Down here in Clear Creek the power blinked off and on at midnite then about 3 minutes later there was a big flash followed by a very large bang and a rumble you could feel. Scared the dog and made me sit up and take notice ! I could hear the wet sloppy snow sliding off the roof all night as it hit the ground with a splat ! Otherwise not bad here this morning, maybe an inch of slightly frozen slush to shovel and Lakeshore Road looks clear but wet.

Seen lots of flashes while plowing. That snow made the Cat loader work if I had to do a long push. I plow the Comfort Inn here in Ingersoll and the 401 traffic was moving slowly. After 15 hrs in the loader and couple more lots to plow, I broke the plow. Somehow I lost the king pin that holds the plow on the frame. It was angled and the wings were out shifting the blade off center and the control arm broke off the hyd fitting on the power angle cylinder spraying oil all over the place. Easy temporary fix was to disconnect hyd lines and head back to the shop.

Attachments

• C0595678-C57E-4552-BBF6-52E02B0041E3.jpeg
    C0595678-C57E-4552-BBF6-52E02B0041E3.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5164.MOV
    35.5 MB
I was in the shop with the music blasting and thought the snow plow hit a tree as I felt the rumble. Went outside and not a tire track was to be seen on the road. Wife and I googled whether there had been an earthquake! Then another roll of thunder cleared up the confusion.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks