Thames River Walleye’s,in a 70 Kilometres/Hour Wind!! 😳 February 21,2023 🎣🐟👍🙂

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well,no walleye’s were caught today by me,but a surprised pike 4DC579E4-ECBF-41C4-A449-4DD81FED18B3.jpeg A8B2978F-FB16-4AEF-92DE-E405ED701EBF.jpeg which I had caught instead, and I had released,thinking at first,that it was originally a walleye on my fishing line. First of all,my day this morning of walleye fishing,started out with another beautiful “solo” hike 🥾🥾 to one of my many walleye’s spot’s that I know of,on this “massive” Thames River! The wind was very blustery today indeed,as predicted,and making the weather feeling much colder,but when the sun 🌞 did come out,it felt great!! As on my many Thames River walleye fishing trip’s in the past many year’s,I would experiment with different twister tail colour’s,4BC561CB-1284-4B73-987A-9156A725BEB0.jpeg till I found out what the fish would prefer.Even though I didn’t catch a walleye today,the pike liked my white colour twister tail,in the somewhat “murky” water where I was fishing today. There is a cold front coming tomorrow,which will likely slow the walleye run down,but here’s hoping that the walleye run will “heat up” before the walleye season is closed after March 15,2023.8E5D2BD2-4F8C-457B-815E-D452CEF11486.jpeg A bonus today as well,was finding a Rapala X-Rap in the river
View attachment FullSizeRender.MOV
worth apparently $16.99 according at the Sail Store. Get out there & Walleye’s ON!! to anyone trying their luck during this short walleye season in Zone 16,east of the Keil Bridge in Chatham,Ontario,and tight lines & Walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

Attachments

• C19EC0CE-EE8C-4708-B7AD-39C7361E9920.jpeg
    C19EC0CE-EE8C-4708-B7AD-39C7361E9920.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I gave it a go with my son too, I don't really know any spots we were just out for a ride. Giving my teenager some river time away from the xbox. He loves to fish, We will try again hopefully we will luck into a fish eventually. Will need to be dumb luck though! :sneaky:. Hard to know where to start.

I gave it a go with my son too, I don't really know any spots we were just out for a ride. Giving my teenager some river time away from the xbox. He loves to fish, We will try again hopefully we will luck into a fish eventually. Will need to be dumb luck though! :sneaky:. Hard to know where to start.
Did I run into you and your son last Sunday on the Thames?

@TMAN sorry to read that you and your son didn’t have any luck last Monday on Family Day. I have been out Thames River walleye fishing about 6 times now,averaging about 3 hour’s each time. I have caught only 2 walleye’s now,( not complaining),and they were both caught in the first 2 weeks of January,2023. My last walleye fishing trip was yesterday morning,( no luck), before the ice storm hit here in London and area. The Thames River is massive,and therefore I am constantly trying different walleye fishing spot’s that I know of,where I have caught some walleye’s,over the year’s of walleye fishing the Thames River. I am by know means no Thames River walleye angler expert,but If you like @TMAN personal message me,and perhaps I could help you and your son get a start on where to catch a walleye or two. Also,Jacks Live Bait,( closed on Tuesday),in Delaware,and Lambeth Rod & Tackle in Lambeth,are also great places to start,to get updated walleye fishing information on the Thames River. For me personally right now, I will not be going out thames river walleye fishing again,till the thames river warms up a bit. Yesterday morning,the thames river water temperature was at 39 degrees Fahrenheit,and I like to see the water temperature up at least around 44 degrees Fahrenheit. The thames river level is also low again,and some warm rain would help to raise the water temperature and the river level,to start the migration of walleye’s from Lake Erie into the Detroit River and eventually up into the Thames River,etc. Tight lines & here’s hoping for some walleye’s on soon,and if not,it’s always just great to be Outdoors! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

Attachments

• C2A50AE1-B36B-41F5-9D50-BBE928C8FE07.jpeg
    C2A50AE1-B36B-41F5-9D50-BBE928C8FE07.jpeg
    506.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 571CD1DC-686B-4DE6-9F1D-91239CA1A729.jpeg
    571CD1DC-686B-4DE6-9F1D-91239CA1A729.jpeg
    635 KB · Views: 37
@TMAN sorry to read that you and your son didn’t have any luck last Monday on Family Day. I have been out Thames River walleye fishing about 6 times now,averaging about 3 hour’s each time. I have caught only 2 walleye’s now,( not complaining),and they were both caught in the first 2 weeks of January,2023. My last walleye fishing trip was yesterday morning,( no luck), before the ice storm hit here in London and area. The Thames River is massive,and therefore I am constantly trying different walleye fishing spot’s that I know of,where I have caught some walleye’s,over the year’s of walleye fishing the Thames River. I am by know means no Thames River walleye angler expert,but If you like @TMAN personal message me,and perhaps I could help you and your son get a start on where to catch a walleye or two. Also,Jacks Live Bait,( closed on Tuesday),in Delaware,and Lambeth Rod & Tackle in Lambeth,are also great places to start,to get updated walleye fishing information on the Thames River. For me personally right now, I will not be going out thames river walleye fishing again,till the thames river warms up a bit. Yesterday morning,the thames river water temperature was at 39 degrees Fahrenheit,and I like to see the water temperature up at least around 44 degrees Fahrenheit. The thames river level is also low again,and some warm rain would help to raise the water temperature and the river level,to start the migration of walleye’s from Lake Erie into the Detroit River and eventually up into the Thames River,etc. Tight lines & here’s hoping for some walleye’s on soon,and if not,it’s always just great to be Outdoors! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂
how do you find your temps red? Do you measure them yourself?

Hey Red, thanks for posting pic of "Jack's " in your travels. It looks like the kind of interesting little joints that I would stop and take a pic and even buy something too. If you come across any other unique places , fish or not, please post. Maybe this spring I could meet up with you for a fishing and photo safari. For now, Thanks and stay safe. @Huron

how do you find your temps red? Do you measure them yourself?
Yes @Fishermanpaul I measure the river temperature myself,with an old swimming pool thermometer,( which just happens to be in Celsius & Fahrenheit),that I have had now for many years. I try to take the river temperature usually around the same time before lunch,in a shady calm area of the river,wherever I happen to be fishing that day.

Attachments

• 7264529D-34A2-4345-B94A-20D8DB97BA38.jpeg
    7264529D-34A2-4345-B94A-20D8DB97BA38.jpeg
    504.4 KB · Views: 4
Hey Red, thanks for posting pic of "Jack's " in your travels. It looks like the kind of interesting little joints that I would stop and take a pic and even buy something too. If you come across any other unique places , fish or not, please post. Maybe this spring I could meet up with you for a fishing and photo safari. For now, Thanks and stay safe. @Huron
You’re welcome,and a good idea @Huron about meeting up,for I am definitely travelling a lot,usually going to unique places indeed,and of course,wherever the fish are biting at the same time! lol 😂 We will keep in touch & it’s great as always to hear from you again,Be Safe as well my friend. 👍🙂

I guess Stomp's Channel 68 is not just a place to meet single Ukrainian Women or cure toe fungus.

If only there were a dozen emoji's for that.

Thank you I will definitely reach out to you next year, early season!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks