PETE THE PERCH SAW HIS SHADOW. THAT’ll BE 6 MORE WEEKS OF ICE FISHING, FARTHER NORTH THAT IS!

Get Hooked

LOOKS LIKE PETE WAS RIGHT!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/news/weather/forecasts/see-them-here-groundhog-day-results-2023

Groundhog Day 2023 results: See them here with Videos

It’s Official! That’s a confirmed shadow! Get ready for 6 more weeks of winter, don’t put away your hat and mitts yet.

Shubenacadie Sam: Six more weeks of winter
Fred La Marmotte: Six more weeks of winter
Lucy the lobster: Six more weeks of winter
Punxsutawney Phil: Six more weeks of winter
Wiarton Willie: Early spring

We still have other predictions to track! Stay tuned.

Attachments

• PETE THE PERCH.png
    PETE THE PERCH.png
    293 KB · Views: 35
I can't beleive with all this Sub Zero weather and no ice on LBP but here is the proof.

Attachments

• WEBCAM LONGPOINT TODAY.PNG
    WEBCAM LONGPOINT TODAY.PNG
    353.3 KB · Views: 54
Fred La Marmotte was dead when they dragged him out.
And Balzac Billy in Alberta called an Early.

So, I will take those odds.

Hey @Trevor M , turn your taps on just a bit for the next few days, regardless of which rodent you follow
They've been dripping since Christmas, bathroom and kitchen. IF I forget to leave the kitchen one dripping after I use it, and my wife sees it, I get "chastised" :nailbiting: even though the one in the bathroom is dripping. Only takes one to keep the pipes from freezing, but well.....you know ;).

As for the rodent telling us there's six more weeks of winter, or an early spring.........doesn't matter.........calendar says there's 6 more weeks of winter regardless of what the big rat says....(March 20 is first day of spring according to the calendar)....and I won't be coming out of hibernation for another 4 weeks after that at least........so don't go by what the critter says, go by Trevor M's hibernation pattern. When I come out of hibernation and wet a line off that pier in mid April or early may, and make a report..........(or I lament another early playoff exit by the Leafs IF they make the playoffs)...THAT is the true indication that spring has arrived :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LOOKS LIKE PETE WAS RIGHT!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/news/weather/forecasts/see-them-here-groundhog-day-results-2023

Groundhog Day 2023 results: See them here with Videos

It’s Official! That’s a confirmed shadow! Get ready for 6 more weeks of winter, don’t put away your hat and mitts yet.

Shubenacadie Sam: Six more weeks of winter
Fred La Marmotte: Six more weeks of winter
Lucy the lobster: Six more weeks of winter
Punxsutawney Phil: Six more weeks of winter
Wiarton Willie: Early spring

We still have other predictions to track! Stay tuned.
Pete the Perch!! 🐟 and lol 🤣😂 @Get Hooked and Good one!! 👍👍 !! Thanks for the update, and I will keep my ice fishing tackle “on standby!!” 🎣🐟🐟 😉👍😎

@Get Hooked : Are you taking your hut north ??

On Wednesday I was lucky enough to get an Online Princess Auto 4 Man Ice Hut, for just under $100 delivered to my Door. When I checked Tuesday Evening it was not In Stock Online yet on Wednesday evening it is. Figure that one out! Will be delivered by Fed Ex Ground the first of next week.

As soon as the Weather changes to the Pluses for a few days I plan on making an excursion to Couch as a change in Weather, I hope will put the Perch on the feed bag.

Attachments

• PRINCESS AUTO ICE HUT.PNG
    PRINCESS AUTO ICE HUT.PNG
    111.7 KB · Views: 11
They've been dripping since Christmas, bathroom and kitchen. IF I forget to leave the kitchen one dripping after I use it, and my wife sees it, I get "chastised" :nailbiting: even though the one in the bathroom is dripping. Only takes one to keep the pipes from freezing, but well.....you know ;).

As for the rodent telling us there's six more weeks of winter, or an early spring.........doesn't matter.........calendar says there's 6 more weeks of winter regardless of what the big rat says....(March 20 is first day of spring according to the calendar)....and I won't be coming out of hibernation for another 4 weeks after that at least........so don't go by what the critter says, go by Trevor M's hibernation pattern. When I come out of hibernation and wet a line off that pier in mid April or early may, and make a report..........(or I lament another early playoff exit by the Leafs IF they make the playoffs)...THAT is the true indication that spring has arrived :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But the question is did Trevor M see his shadow 🤔 lol.

I can't beleive with all this Sub Zero weather and no ice on LBP but here is the proof. Thanks for sharing your photo. That is a sad photo to look at @Get Hooked and the weather doesn’t look much better for next week & beyond for any sign of Sub Zero weather in the forecast,for some safe ice perhaps on long point bay this year.

Fred La Marmotte was dead when they dragged him out.
And Balzac Billy in Alberta called an Early.

So, I will take those odds.

Your right Fred is dead. I saw it on the News last night and it's big News on the Net.

Fred, 9, was found dead overnight by Roberto Blondin, the organizer of the annual la Jour de Fred event — or Fred's day — in Val-d'Espoir, Quebec, Reuters reported.

According to The Guardian, Fred showed "no vital signs" after Blondin tried to wake him, local media reported. Blondin said Fred may have died last year while in hibernation, per Reuters.

"In life, the only thing that's certain is that nothing is certain," Blondin said, according to the outlet. "Well, this year it's true. It's sadly true. I announce to you that Fred is dead."

Attachments

• FRED.png
    FRED.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 2
@Shank : Yes just heard it is starting to spread, they are trying a new drug and will on the market soon. It will be a hole drug, and Doc Hogs start training soon. Well what is coming next ? lol

@Shank : Yes just heard it is starting to spread, they are trying a new drug and will on the market soon. It will be a hole drug, and Doc Hogs start training soon. Well what is coming next ? lol
And if the gopher covid doesn't wipe them out then the following years totally unrelated gopher myocarditis will get the rest of them. How will we ever predict the coming of spring then?;)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks