Off Topic Coming here to vent..

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Why do some people think it’s okay to threaten kicking your dog if walking off leash..
Fingal Wildlife Management Area is supposedly an off leash trail..
that’s what I’ve been told I don’t know if it is for sure or not
But every time I go there 99% of dogs are off leash as well as Maple
But some people feel the need to threaten assault and claim I can’t do anything about it if they do because it’s the law to have your dog on leash…
Well you know what I am going to start saying to those that think they can assault my dog or myself…

View attachment IMG_2496.MOV

I hear you if off leash they should know that and keep it SHUT…..
Even if it’s not an off leash trail 99% of people are off leash there so I guess they have a lot of kicking to do!

Everyone with a dog off leash or just you irresponsible owners with vicious unpredictable German Shepherd attack canines? 🤔 ;):p:ROFLMAO:

It's probably ignorance and sensationalism bias if it's only for certain pets.

Eff em. 🌻

Everyone with a dog off leash or just you irresponsible owners with vicious unpredictable German Shepherd attack canines? 🤔 ;):p:ROFLMAO:

It's probably ignorance and sensationalism bias if it's only for certain pets.

Eff em. 🌻
Hahah yeah I met a few people the other day they got to one of my trails same time as me and had their dogs off leash
So I let maple off
They didn’t say anything but later when they were more comfortable with maple and I
said they aren’t afraid of my dog at all
Usually they are afraid of shepherds and have had bad experiences with them off leash with their dogs. But just loved maple

Maple wouldn’t hurt anyone or any dog she just doesn’t have that personality. If she’s attacked she will run
She has flight instinct not fight.

You will get goofs with comments like that , so far we never had anyone threatening our dog
I dont recommend any response to them as more likely they fishing for some kind of response they could use for law suit
I also find most with threats like that are nothing but a yellow belly
Now if they have the kahoonas to actually kick my dog ,well I may be inclined to reciprocate a couple - 100 ×
Also you can tell them that you will do your best holding your dog back so She won't lick them to death 🙄😏😉🙃

I’m pretty sure people pheasant hunt fingal
pretty hard to keep those dogs on a leash lol
oh and be prepared for an a$$ kicking to those who kick my dog

I’m pretty sure people pheasant hunt fingal
pretty hard to keep those dogs on a leash lol
oh and be prepared for an a$$ kicking to those who kick my dog
Yah hunting days aren’t everyday at Fingal wildlife.
And like I said 99% of people don’t leash their dogs there
That’s hundreds of people place is busy

Hunting days are listed on this photo below and only during small game season
No worries on that part. 12D7F4EB-7E0B-467E-8753-1929F2038327.jpeg

Yah hunting days aren’t everyday at Fingal wildlife.
And like I said 99% of people don’t leash their dogs there
That’s hundreds of people place is busy

Hunting days are listed on this photo below and only during small game season
No worries on that part. View attachment 69671
It looks like @Derkd9 a very nice place to walk the trail’s there. Our daughter mentioned this place to us a few year’s ago,but as of now,my daughter and I haven’t gone yet,but perhaps soon. But,would you mind keeping Maple on a leash 🙏 please!! 😂🤣😉 in case that you are there on the same day! 🤣 😉Just kidding of course my good friend,and it would be great to see you both out there,enjoying those trail’s as much as we hope to do. Have an amazing day to you both! 🐶 👍👍🙂

I didn't see a "Dog's must be on leash" notice anywhere on that sign but there is a phone number to call so you can clarify it. As for some stranger kicking your dog ? The Animal Control (SPCA) would take a dim view on that and needless to say the police would take a dim view of you assaulting a person. Crazy people have rights too you know. LoL !

There is a provincial act that states you must be in control of your dog even if it’s off leash. I don’t know the nuts and bolts of it, but basically your responsible for their actions on or off leash. That said, if it’s an off leash area they should expect the dogs to be off leash. If it’s not, just because everyone is doing it doesn’t make it right. I run my dog off leash all the time, and I know sometimes I’m in the wrong. I just acknowledge it and move one. There are some people that are really quite afraid of dogs and have no appreciation of our furry friends and don’t want them around them. What you and I perceive as no threat can be extremely threatening to some people. I’m sure your dog is great, but even I’ve encountered people with dogs in off leash areas that had no business being off leash. Unfortunately there are is a small segment of dog owners that really have no concept there dog is a dickhead. I’m sure your not one of them, and your dog is lovely but I’m sure you know what I’m talking about and have seen these people and their pets as well!

There is a provincial act that states you must be in control of your dog even if it’s off leash. I don’t know the nuts and bolts of it, but basically your responsible for their actions on or off leash. That said, if it’s an off leash area they should expect the dogs to be off leash. If it’s not, just because everyone is doing it doesn’t make it right. I run my dog off leash all the time, and I know sometimes I’m in the wrong. I just acknowledge it and move one. There are some people that are really quite afraid of dogs and have no appreciation of our furry friends and don’t want them around them. What you and I perceive as no threat can be extremely threatening to some people. I’m sure your dog is great, but even I’ve encountered people with dogs in off leash areas that had no business being off leash. Unfortunately there are is a small segment of dog owners that really have no concept there dog is a dickhead. I’m sure your not one of them, and your dog is lovely but I’m sure you know what I’m talking about and have seen these people and their pets as well!
Yes I agree

CE90E120-DB97-4EA1-AD30-8111558E4FAA.jpeg
View attachment IMG_2562.MOV
View attachment IMG_2583.MOV

We stopped going to off leash dog parks because people brought dogs that shouldn’t be there and attacked her. Thankfully she isn’t reactive and still has a rock solid personality..
I think that’s why she was attacked she is confident and very intelligent.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks