Burwell this afternoon

Josh Roelofsen

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Took a day away from salmonids and took advantage of a beautiful afternoon forecast on Erie. Started in 59' water was brownish stained and 64f, marking lots of bait, junk and a few eyes.....picked off a couple before we got to more classic coloured greenish water and 67f surface temps in 63'. Less bait qne small marks out there but consistent walleye marks. Ended up with a couple nice quality fish, and filled a limit of smaller 15" eaters plus a pile of 10" cigars. Likely my last central basin trip for the season. Was a great year!
IMG_20220929_163652.jpg20220929_181048.jpg20220929_184657.jpg
View attachment 20220929_185651.mp4

looks like a AF back spoon? If so that's what was working for us last Friday and Saturday evening

Awesome
I was considering a trip yesterday evening, but decided to shoot the crossbow instead 🤷🏻

So many tiny fish eh, do you know why they make their appearance at the end of the season?
Were they waiting for the big fish to move out? Or are they following the big fish?

Awesome
I was considering a trip yesterday evening, but decided to shoot the crossbow instead 🤷🏻

So many tiny fish eh, do you know why they make their appearance at the end of the season?
Were they waiting for the big fish to move out? Or are they following the big fish?
Those small ones are hatchlings from this spring. They generally stay in the west end but seeing so many this far across the lake is a good sign. The reason they're showing up in the catch later in the year is simply migration and the fact they're just getting big enough to chase down a bait. They start out life eating invertabrates and once they switch to meat they really start to grow.

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks