Port Burwell This Saturday

lovefishing

This Saturday is looking good, Is anyone still going fishing for pickerels ? I would like to try a last time for this year. Any advice will be appreciated, Thanks

its an addiction.. only way I stopped myself from continuing to fish for walleye was to start focusing on my other addiction

its an addiction.. only way I stopped myself from continuing to fish for walleye was to start focusing on my other addiction
You could always expand to fishing Lake O- starts sooner, ends later costs more.😉 Think, the biggest, hardest fighting Erie bow you have ever had, multiply by 3, and you got a teen king. Get into the mid to high twenties, and its a whole new high. How could you possibly go wrong (well, other than getting a 25+lber on 10 colours and watching them peel a few hundred yards off a few times while everyone else waits for you to get it to the net....) . Still a few weeks left if we have agreeable winds, got my fingers crossed for Saturday

Nice forecast. What site did you use? I have 3 that I look at now, but more is always better. The NOAA site seems to be down.

WindLyer formerly known a WindFinder but due to its inaccuracy, much like all the other apps, it now has an endearing warmth filled nickname. 🌻
The thing about Windfinder (and a lot of these apps) is most of the spots (Like Port Burwell) are on land. And that means the windspeed ain't the same as where you will be fishing. As an example - Saturday at 11.00 am - winds off shore are 26 ks
1663877555755.png
But the Port Burwell location is only 7 ks
1663877626910.png
The winds off the lighthouse will be nil.

I also find that the superforecast, which for some reason you cant select on a phone but can on a computer is much better. And, at the end of the day, as I have said on more than one occasion - if we could all be wrong as often as the weatherman and still have our jobs..... well. performance reviews wouldn't be an issue, would they? Good luck if you head out.

I have missed some good days to run out looking at all the bad weather predictions for the outer bay. Hard to tell which site to trust anymore.

I have missed some good days to run out looking at all the bad weather predictions for the outer bay. Hard to tell which site to trust anymore.
Yup, happens. Kicked myself more than once when I chose not to go and saw killer reports piling up at the end of the day. I use the text service to the buoys as my double check when things aren't agreeing across the sites, but its still better to miss a good day than be caught in a bad one - especially for the smaller boats.

The lake should be calm Saturday good luck there still are fish around they were laying on the bottom last time I was out and would not bite we got skunked I pulled my boat out a few days ago done for the season.

What’s your other addiction @Derkd9 ?? Donut’s?? 🤔 🍩 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩😋 lol 😆 😉 👊👊 I know your other addiction is 🦌 deer hunting,and maybe 🤔 turkey hunting 🦃 as well,and good luck 🤞 and,Be Safe!! 👍👍🙂

Attachments

• 0F462951-5E0E-4114-A79C-02467943C09D.jpeg
    0F462951-5E0E-4114-A79C-02467943C09D.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 2
@Red Hering , speaking of addictions, my request to not post the same pictures over and over doesn't seem to have hit home with you ...o_O:wtf:🤬🤓😱👁️🤳🤳🤳🤳🤳🌽🥡
View attachment 66312
Mmm donuts 🍩

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

We’re planning on giving it a go on Saturday as well. An early start and watch a beautiful Lake Erie sunrise. One last time. Till she freezes up. We have had a great season. It looks good for the next few years going by the number of little ones we have been catching. Have a great winter hope to hear from you all next year.
A quick shout out to Tailfeathers. You taught me more in one day than I would have learned in several years. Thank you.
All the best to you all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks