Off Topic Killarney Next Week

Ledhed

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hi guys, does anyone have any experience fishing up in Killarney they could share ? Best species to target this time of year, what to use , decent general locations? Staying at the Sportsman Inn for a few days with the inlaws next week and hoping to try our hand fishing. Bringing up the father-in-laws 19 ft Seafox so handles the water well. Thanks in advance !

If you have time and feel like exploring, I'd probably check out Collins Inlet and head towards Mill lake and Beaverstone bay. I haven't actually been but it is on my to-do list... so I can't help you too much, but along Philip Edward Island is scenic and "apparently" some good fishing back in those parts. There are a few lodges. And the sort of deserted lumber town.

If you have time and feel like exploring, I'd probably check out Collins Inlet and head towards Mill lake and Beaverstone bay. I haven't actually been but it is on my to-do list... so I can't help you too much, but along Philip Edward Island is scenic and "apparently" some good fishing back in those parts. There are a few lodges. And the sort of deserted lumber town.
Thanks, appreciate the response! Looks awesome up there, find out soon enough 👍

Lots of water to figure out up there....if you can swing it I'd suggest splurging on an outing with this guy! Brian does Musky, bass, pike, salmon and Trout....he's pretty busy tho so not sure on availability but he would definitely shorten the learning curve on all that water!
Screenshot_20220823-235924_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lots of water to figure out up there....if you can swing it I'd suggest splurging on an outing with this guy! Brian does Musky, bass, pike, salmon and Trout....he's pretty busy tho so not sure on availability but he would definitely shorten the learning curve on all that water!
View attachment 64193
Awesome, thanks Josh !

LOTS of fish through the area. Pike will be the easiest to catch - just look for weedy areas and humps and throw red-devil spoons. Bass will be plentiful as well - look for drop-offs, sheltered areas and throw deep diving cranks. I have found that the orange colours works well and the crayfish imitations always produce in the rocky areas. Drop shots are a good go-to for deep areas.
Really pay attention to channel markers and when in doubt, go slow, slow, slow... tons of rocks and shoals that come up out of no-where. (which are all fishing opportunities!)

Excellent information @fizbot , thank you. Hopefully I'll have some photos and good results I can share next week. Appreciate the help guys 👍

If you have them, the erie dearie 3/8 and 5/8, as well as rrf and northland whistler jigs trolled or jigged have good track records in that area for me . Actually these might be all you need ......

If you have them, the erie dearie 3/8 and 5/8, as well as rrf and northland whistler jigs trolled or jigged have good track records in that area for me . Actually these might be all you need ......
Nice, I do have some of those you mention. I never thought of the Erie dearies for up there. Thanks, I’ll definitely takes those with me 👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks