A fresh Walleye dinner yesterday,(August 18/22),was put on Hold for Now!!🐟🐟😋🥺👎

@Derkd9 I have had more 68 member’s come up to me over the past year’s and to the present,and first asking me if I am the @Red Hering ? I would of course says yes,and they would reach out their hand to introduce themselves to me,just like recently @gibby123 and @jeffbrick and also @Nugg014 (who I still
owe a 68 decal to), last Thursday,August 17/22,at the port stanley parking lot,as I was about to leave. Some of them “keyboard warriors” who are not 68 member’s,will
still come over to me to say hello,and they have their reasons which they tell me,why they are not 68 member’s,and understandable to me at least anyways,why they aren’t 68 member’s from their opinion’s on why not. A lot of 68 member’s and non 68 member’s love my photo’s and fishing report’s,etc,and they get a chuckle 🤭 out of some of them,which makes me feel comfortable inside. I am hoping to keep meeting everyone sooner or later,( 68 member’s or non-68 member’s),and don’t be shy ☺️,and please come over to say hello 👋,to the @Red Hering and don’t forget the,”thumbs up!!” 👍😉🙂 LoL 😂 🤣 Be Safe & Tight lines & Fish ON!! to All!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂
But Red, you're a Habs fan. THAT explains EVERYTHING:ROFLMAO:

Sorry to hear @Trevor M … was he wearing a hat like this?
View media item 18634
Surprisingly, no. But it wouldn't surprise me if he was a fan of THAT team. He was just a miserable guy who was pissed at me, but couldn't explain to me WHY he was pissed at me. So I didn't waste any more of my time listening to him and went back to catchin fish or at least watching the water get wetter until a fish came to play. He kept talkin, or more like chastising me for a couple more minutes before he left, but I have no idea what he was saying, I'd tuned him out.

Attachments

• 34B72853-57DF-4C95-B508-80E4B482A192.jpeg
    34B72853-57DF-4C95-B508-80E4B482A192.jpeg
    469.2 KB · Views: 5
  • FD9D2B16-E91A-4DF0-9FF0-EFE6C7ED0667.jpeg
    FD9D2B16-E91A-4DF0-9FF0-EFE6C7ED0667.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 56D2C2DC-DA50-42F6-9FD3-14BF3F02D1FF.jpeg
    56D2C2DC-DA50-42F6-9FD3-14BF3F02D1FF.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 5
Sorry to hear about your motor Red. There you go handing out those 68 stickers like they’re candy. Want to go out fishing with me Red? I don’t have a Lund nor is it red. It’s only 16.5’ but I owe you lots of trips. Fair weather fishing and through the week. Go to go.

Sorry to hear about your motor Red. There you go handing out those 68 stickers like they’re candy. Want to go out fishing with me Red? I don’t have a Lund nor is it red. It’s only 16.5’ but I owe you lots of trips. Fair weather fishing and through the week. Go to go.
Thanks for your invite @Could get Ugly 👍 and yes,I am handing out those 68 sticker’s like they are candy,(lol 🤣😂),and it has been great!! 68 member’s approaching me,(usually where I am fishing),that I have never met before. 👍👍🙂 Unfortunately,I will only fish out of a Red Lund over 16.5’ only!! lol 😂 🤣😉 Just kidding,my long time friend!! 👊👊🙂 I have noticed a few good light wind day’s coming up this week,and because of those light wind days,I would at least like to fish one full day out of my canoe/kayak hybrid,for largemouth bass & pike along the reed’s of long point bay. I love that style of fishing,——one on one with the fish,especially around structure,which in this case being the reed’s around the inner bay of long point. 🛶🎣🐟🐟👍🙂 Whenever you do decide to go Lake Erie walleye fishing,please if you can,give me a bit of notice,by texting me or even by phoning me. Thanks again for your invite,and it is so very much appreciated. Tight lines and maybe walleye’s,and even rainbow’s ON!! one day out on Lake Erie. Cheers!! ☕☕🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

Maybe stomp can change reds Well-Known member rating to : Official Spokesperson of CH68.
Gets my vote.

Good luck with repairs Red,
I’ve been out with motor troubles this season as well. Borrowed a boat this week to get out. But not the same as having your own.
lol 😂 @fireram 👍👍🙂 Official Spokesperson of CH68 that sounds kinda nice!! 🤔 and thanks 😊 for your vote!! @fireram 👍👍 lol 😆 😉👊👊👍🙂 Thanks as well about good luck 🤞 with my repairs,and hopefully 🙏 this will be the last one for my outboard motor!! 🤞🤞 I agree as well @fireram about using another boat,and not being the same as using your own boat. It wouldn’t have all of that fish catching feel to it!! lol 😂🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😉 Tight lines & Fish ON!! 👍🙂

How did this thread morph into a discussion about all the things wrong with Channel 6-8? :wtf::eek::banghead: Maybe we should start a new post, so there is lots of room for a full airing of grievances. I do try to find humour in most things, and I think the label of "too political" is pretty funny!

I will remove the posts and pictures above attributing statements to specific individuals. Those individuals may have made statements that weren't "on the record". If members want to log in and list publically what they don't like, or e-mail me, they are welcome to do so. @Red Hering , if you want to collect feedback from disgruntled users or guests who think 6-8 sucks, that’s up to you, but this doesn't strike me as a particularly useful or positive endeavour.

@stomp I was just curious, didn’t mean for it to lead down a rabbit hole of naming names and pointing fingers or anything like that! My apologies for contributing to steering it in this direction.

@stomp I was just curious, didn’t mean for it to lead down a rabbit hole of naming names and pointing fingers or anything like that! My apologies for contributing to steering it in this direction.

Why are you apologizing?

I'm enjoying the goings on around here, especially the horrible targeted attacks against my person and so called questionable fishing catching abilities. :eek: :oops:🤪:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Conversation sometimes touches uncomfortable topics and the odd nerves,

Deliberate intentional malicious attacks have no place on here and should be filtered but normal chats and kidding around are part of any conversation among friends. 🌻

Why are you apologizing?

I'm enjoying the goings on around here, especially the horrible targeted attacks against my person and so called questionable fishing catching abilities. :eek: :oops:🤪:unsure::ROFLMAO: kidding around are part of any conversation among friends. 🌻

Awwwwwwwwwwwww @hvyhaul for big gruff guy with a big beard you are an ole softy......❤️🤘😁

If people can't find the good in this forum/community. If they have no interest in contributing. Chances are, Stomps 6-8 is better off without them. There will always be a percentage of bullshit, but if you look at the big picture you will see it is overwhelmingly positive!

Winternet/ covidnet can definitely be like fishing on thin ice 😆!

1 more vote for the @Red Hering! To be knighted, and possible titles bestowed;

-Official spokesman
-Official 6-8 Mascot
-Man of the people
-The longpoint Crier

Keep up the good work @Red Hering!

How did this thread morph into a discussion about all the things wrong with Channel 6-8? :wtf::eek::banghead: Maybe we should start a new post, so there is lots of room for a full airing of grievances. I do try to find humour in most things, and I think the label of "too political" is pretty funny!

I will remove the posts and pictures above attributing statements to specific individuals. Those individuals may have made statements that weren't "on the record". If members want to log in and list publically what they don't like, or e-mail me, they are welcome to do so. @Red Hering , if you want to collect feedback from disgruntled users or guests who think 6-8 sucks, that’s up to you, but this doesn't strike me as a particularly useful or positive endeavour.
Is it January already? 🤔 😆

I had planned on catching a limit of walleye’s off Port Stanley yesterday,(like everyone else),because the walleye fishing has been that good!! 👍👍😱 But,that idea of me catching my 6 walleye limit was cut very short within the hour,yes,due to my 2007 90-4 Stroke EFI Mercury outboard motor having breakdown issues…..Again!! 👎👎🥺 as I was leaving the Port Stanley harbour. I could of had ran my 9.9 mercury outboard motor out to 65 feet of water which I did try to do,View attachment 63723but that would of taken forever,there and back,and that is were the walleye bite was happening,according to some of the angler’s that I talked to,that were coming in that morning,with their walleye limit’s. I decided not to try to fish,but instead go to @Xtreme marine to order a part for my outboard motor. As I was about to leave the Port Stanley parking lot area, 2 member’s from @stomp website page,approached me at different times,and it was a great pleasure to have met @gibby123 and View attachment 63712 we will keep in touch,about fishing for Lake Huron salmon this Fall,as we discussed,and I also met @jeffbrick View attachment 63713 as well. 👍👍🙂 They both received a “Free” Channel 68 sticker. I have become quite the “Celebrity” I have been told now for a while,by a few member’s that I have met over the year’s,and I love it!! 🥰 LoL 😂 🤣 👍👍🙂 Once I arrived @Xtreme marine I met up with Rob,a part time employee there,and a occasional 68 member user. I am 5 foot 11 inches tall,and Yes!! Rob is “that big!!” ( maybe 🤔 around 6 foot 8 inches tall??) View attachment 63716 and WOW!! 😱 LoL 😆 My outboard motor part will take up to 2 weeks to arrive,so Please save me some walleye’s,everyone!! lol 😂 🤣 In the meantime,I will be using my kayak/canoe hybrid (Discovery Solo 119),View attachment 63717 for a upper body workout,(lol 🤣🙂),and perhaps fishing around the reed’s of long point bay,as one of my spot’s,for some largemouth bass and pike as well.Stay tune for some fishing post,(s),sometime soon from wherever I will be fishing from. 🛶🎣🐟 All & all,it was still a beautiful day yesterday to be outdoors & meeting new channel 68 member’s,which made my day!! 👍👍😎 Be Safe to All!! & Tight Lines and Fish ON!! 🛶🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂
Well Red I have now joined the team of Mercury 90 hp efi 4 stroke break downs as it happened to me at 6:00 AM this morning 2.2 miles south of Port Glasgow on my way out to my spot. I managed to get towed in by a nice man named Rick and then loaded up the Legend and dropped it off at Extreme Marine in Nilestown. Funny thing it was running perfect and all of a sudden it started to bog down and then just quit and would not fire up again.

Attachments

• tow.jpg
    tow.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back