Fishing Report Port Glasgow Aug. 10th Morning

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Took my daughter out with Darren and myself catching very quick walleye limits this morning for the 3 of us. Also caught 1 bow about 6 lbs. we released, threw several small walleye back also and a few silvers and sheep. The parking lot was mostly full but no one at the dock when we come in except one boat that was launching. 👍 Never even got to talk to anyone else how they did but fishing was so great I imagine most would do very well also. I put 4 lures on and only changed one later after the sun got bright from an SS Mini purple boxer to a greasy chicken which took most fish. About 5 came off the riggers with blue/silver and perch coloured RRFs. Another wonderful day on Erie with good company. My 54 year old daughter Roxanne had a hoot as we let her bring in almost every fish. 😁

#1 Dipsys (rings on) setting #3 back 100 ft.
Riggers set at 30-35 ft. with 50 ft. leads
Fish came from 56-62 fow
GPS speed 2.7-2.9 mph

PXL_20220810_101035597.jpgPXL_20220810_124254479.jpgPXL_20220810_124422195.jpgPXL_20220810_124407496.jpgPXL_20220810_143137295.jpg
Final ice down for ride home
PXL_20220810_143358359.jpg

Yeah @Justhunt you need 2 guys to carry that cooler with all those fish and 30 lbs. of ice in it. I make all my own ice and that's just one 15 lb. bag dumped on the top but there's another 15 lbs. distributed throughout the fish and bottom. You might think there's a body in that cooler when lifting it but the fish are super cool for freshness. :giggle:

Took my daughter out with Darren and myself catching very quick walleye limits this morning for the 3 of us. Also caught 1 bow about 6 lbs. we released, threw several small walleye back also and a few silvers and sheep. The parking lot was mostly full but no one at the dock when we come in except one boat that was launching. 👍 Never even got to talk to anyone else how they did but fishing was so great I imagine most would do very well also. I put 4 lures on and only changed one later after the sun got bright from an SS Mini purple boxer to a greasy chicken which took most fish. About 5 came off the riggers with blue/silver and perch coloured RRFs. Another wonderful day on Erie with good company. My 54 year old daughter Roxanne had a hoot as we let her bring in almost every fish. 😁

Fish came from 56-62 fow
GPS speed 2.7-2.9 mph

View attachment 62886View attachment 62887View attachment 62888View attachment 62890View attachment 62892
View attachment 62893
That's awesome. So happy you had a great morning.

Great fishing @Wave Runner , and time spent with your daughter, I'm grounded this week 😔
Helping my son moving to a new town for his first job in his field after graduating from university this summer 😃
Wow that will be big move for your son so I wish him well Frank. (y)

Fish came from 56-62 fow
GPS speed 2.7-2.9 mph

View attachment 62886View attachment 62887View attachment 62888View attachment 62890View attachment 62892
View attachment 62893
Nicely done @Wave Runner to you all!! 👍👍🙂 If I did launch off port stanley today,I would of headed over to your fishing area off port glasgow.To say hello & perhaps another time I will be there. Enjoy your walleye fry!! 🐟🐟🐟😋👍🙂

It's supposed to be only SW 13 kph wind this evening... you can handle that so go get em'. 👍🙂

No go unfortunately, tap was down at both booths in Glasgow and apparently the food shack couldn't or wouldn't make change for me so unfortunately I drove down there for nothing as I don't have credit cards. Was definitely disappointed as it wasn't too horrible out at that point.. Apparently one of the pay machines in Glasgow got hit by lightning so they're likely both down to reboot or get the entire system working properly.

Ah sorry to hear that was unfortunate @Fshrmn4life. The pay machine was down at the west launch on Wed. morning when I was there so used the east launch machine but still launched at the west. Hopefully they get them up and running soon. 🙂

Fish came from 56-62 fow
GPS speed 2.7-2.9 mph

View attachment 62893
Roxanne hasn’t changed a bit. Glad she had fun. Most of my most precious memories are fishing trips with family.

That’s quite the ice down for those fish. And Nice pics
I thought the same @Justhunt 👍👍 when @Wave Runner put the ice 🧊🧊 over our walleye’s in the cooler,from our day of walleye fishing from a few year’s ago. It was like @Wave Runner had a ice 🧊 🧊 making machine right on his boat!! 😱 lol 😂 🤣 He treats his friend’s all around very well,and a pleasure to fish with @Wave Runner !! 👊👊🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Nice to be back. Out of commission for a while but can still enjoy these reports.
Welcome back Arnie. Sorry to hear you were out of commission. I was wondering if something was up as we have not heard any reports from you in awhile. Hope it's not too serious and you are now on the mend. :)

Back