Off Topic Expensive trip

Heitman

I went out of Bruce with my wife around 10am started in 53fow and headed to 62fow.
It was slow but we managed 2 pics and as I was resetting the 1 line BAM!! Something hit my lure hard.
And the rainbow show started, I fought it to the boat and knocked it off the lure with the net, so I had my wife back up the boat since it was floating on top not moving and tried to net it but just as I got the net under it, it revived and swam away.
My other line went around my motor but not in the prop. So I shut the motor off and jumped in and my line got cut.
If anyone finds an offshore inline planer board with 10 colors of leadcore and a red hot lips I would really appreciate the board back.
My name and phone# is on the board.
TIA

Your fishing under the fish why so deep wally should be in top 30ft. hot lips even half ounce 150 ft mono dives around 20ft larger hot lips around 25ft 30ft perfect with 20lb mono 150ft back.

Yup, 10 colour puts you at 50'ish and a hotlips on the end of that you should be dragging bottom. You do need to factor in the lure you are using ontop of the Leadcore depth. You were too deep for sure if your after eyes. Although eyes will often be found near bottom the actively feeding fish will be much higher in the water column. Bows will be closer to bottom now with the warmer water. I found 5-6 with a spoon best yesterday targeting 25-30'. 6-7 colour, 30-35' was better this morning. Easy limits both days....

Josh

I had 5 colors out and then clipped the inline planer board to the leadcore and then let out line to get the planer board away from the boat.
Some may not agree with my technique but it usually works for me.

Ah ok! Gotcha 👍 have never tried that myself. I just carry too many rods dedicated with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 colour setups 😂 plus 2 dipsey rods, 2 rigger rods and 2 flatline/board rods.....my 14' tinner is a little overloaded 🤷

5 colour and a hotlips would still be a litte deep tho IMO 😉 those plugs will pull your presentation much deeper. Leader length needs to be considered too tho....

Josh

Ah ok! Gotcha 👍 have never tried that myself. I just carry too many rods dedicated with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 colour setups 😂 plus 2 dipsey rods, 2 rigger rods and 2 flatline/board rods.....my 14' tinner is a little overloaded 🤷

5 colour and a hotlips would still be a litte deep tho IMO 😉 those plugs will pull your presentation much deeper. Leader length needs to be considered too tho....

Josh
Wow! My wife would kill me if I had that many rods.
I've never really fished a hot lips on leadcore until today, usually just flatline it.
I was going on a buddies advice.
I never did catch anything on it today but I'll never know now unless someone finds it.

Yup, 10 colour puts you at 50'ish and a hotlips on the end of that you should be dragging bottom. You do need to factor in the lure you are using ontop of the Leadcore depth. You were too deep for sure if your after eyes. Although eyes will often be found near bottom the actively feeding fish will be much higher in the water column. Bows will be closer to bottom now with the warmer water. I found 5-6 with a spoon best yesterday targeting 25-30'. 6-7 colour, 30-35' was better this morning. Easy limits both days....

Josh
Interesting to read this as i was out of bruce sunday and not one eye hit my lines between 25-35 it was all bows. The eyes took my 45-50 foot deep lines.

I went out of Bruce with my wife around 10am started in 53fow and headed to 62fow.
It was slow but we managed 2 pics and as I was resetting the 1 line BAM!! Something hit my lure hard.
And the rainbow show started, I fought it to the boat and knocked it off the lure with the net, so I had my wife back up the boat since it was floating on top not moving and tried to net it but just as I got the net under it, it revived and swam away.
My other line went around my motor but not in the prop. So I shut the motor off and jumped in and my line got cut.
If anyone finds an offshore inline planer board with 10 colors of leadcore and a red hot lips I would really appreciate the board back.
My name and phone# is on the board.
TIA
What side board are you missing? I have 4 or 5 extra OR20 Offshore boards kicking around and would be willing to part with one if yours isn't found if you get out to the Glasgow area at all

What side board are you missing? I have 4 or 5 extra OR20 Offshore boards kicking around and would be willing to part with one if yours isn't found if you get out to the Glasgow area at all
Thanks for the offer, I will let you know.

I've almost done that. 3 of the 4 bows I've kept where floaters I circled around for. It helps to speed up a bit. I've still have tangles though. I also clamp boards to leadcore. 8 years of doing so nothing bad to report. 2 rods with 9 colours and I can fish what ever #s I want. Usually 5 and 6. riggers for the deep fish.

I've almost done that. 3 of the 4 bows I've kept where floaters I circled around for. It helps to speed up a bit. I've still have tangles though. I also clamp boards to leadcore. 8 years of doing so nothing bad to report. 2 rods with 9 colours and I can fish what ever #s I want. Usually 5 and 6. riggers for the deep fish.

Those bows can be a tough release.....if I can easily flip them off boat side this time of year they seem to swim off quick. If I have to net them they're as good as dead and go in the cooler. Had some delicious blackened trout for lunch today 😁
IMG_20220804_211702.jpg

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks