Fishing Report July 3. Port Burwell.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
1st run at burwell this year. We had a plan and went right 65fow and started trolling back to a hot way point from last year in 61fow. Part of the plan was to run baits high as we always had great success previous years doing so early july but generally with worm harness 20220704_001839.jpg.
Lost a bunch, at least 12 i would say. another dozen hits that didn't connect. 2/4 on rainbows(3 on spoon 1 on RRF)
Fishing was slow to start as we started with 3 harness on 1 side of boat and 3 spoons on the other.. not much to show for the 1st 1.5hr of washing,couple hits each at best & 1 bow..
Switched the harness out for mad flash thunder stick on 3 color with a board which was a killer last year and instantly fish on!20220703_213848.jpg and again as soon as it set back up. we shit canned the spoons & harness and matched the other side with the same bait, double the pleasure. Next best thing was 4 color on boards with RRF and thunder stick.
Gobs of fish out there.
Fished from 3 to 9pm.
67-68°F
2.7mph was the sweet spot.
We hit a couple gobs of active feeders from 65-61 fow. Fish ranged from 15"-24".
Much chatter at the dock and on radio about "look for warm water"... maybe like the top 20ft I'd say.

1st run at burwell this year. We had a plan and went right 65fow and started trolling back to a hot way point from last year in 61fow. Part of the plan was to run baits high as we always had great success previous years doing so early july but generally with worm harness View attachment 59651.
Lost a bunch, at least 12 i would say. another dozen hits that didn't connect. 2/4 on rainbows(3 on spoon 1 on RRF)
Fishing was slow to start as we started with 3 harness on 1 side of boat and 3 spoons on the other.. not much to show for the 1st 1.5hr of washing,couple hits each at best & 1 bow..
Switched the harness out for mad flash thunder stick on 3 color with a board which was a killer last year and instantly fish on!View attachment 59652 and again as soon as it set back up. we shit canned the spoons & harness and matched the other side with the same bait, double the pleasure. Next best thing was 4 color on boards with RRF and thunder stick.
Gobs of fish out there.
Fished from 3 to 9pm.
67-68°F
2.7mph was the sweet spot.
We hit a couple gobs of active feeders from 65-61 fow. Fish ranged from 15"-24".
Much chatter at the dock and on radio about "look for warm water"... maybe like the top 20ft I'd say.
Amazing photo and fishing @SIX-GRAND and Port Burwell has really turned on,according to your fishing success and other fishing report’s recently. Enjoy your fish fry & tight lines and Fish ON!! the rest of the way. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟 👍🙂

90% of the time its the little details that put fish in the boat... That's a great box of Sicilian neck ties... :LOL: 🐟 👔👅 Good fishing...

Kind of looks like a perch. :unsure::giggle:

I have yet to fish that deep or straight out from Port. .

Might have to give it a whirl.

Nicely done @SIX-GRAND. 🌻

Last edited:
Kind of looks like a perch. :unsure::giggle:

I have yet to fish that deep or straight out from Port. .

Might have to give it a whirl.

Nicely done @SIX-GRAND. 🌻
I think its firetiger.. but it could be some kind of perch. Lol.

The way the fish hit yesterday and the amount of hits we took once we found the trigger I wouldn't be surprised if shallower water would have produced just as well..Might could have saved my self some time& gas(mostly gas) had we gave 45-55fow a go but I had plan and had to stick with it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks