Off Topic Two years ago....

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well it's been just over two years since we were in the 1st lock-down.... remember when FishnCanada tried to lobby the government to ban fishing?

Remember when our local governments closed boat ramps and marinas, golf courses and basically having any fun... Somehow, sitting in a boat was dangerous...

Oh well, I think we all are happy those days are behind us.... we hope...

You're asking me to remember what happened two years ago when I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone what I did this morning? :wacky:

:unsure: Most of the time I'm lucky I know what day of the week it is, and generally that's only because I know what days my wife doesn't work, so if she's working, it's not one of those days. I guess that's what happens tho when each day just kind of seems like the last one.....until I come out of hibernation......then things might change a little bit once or twice a week, maybe, if the honey do lists are done, the weather cooperates, and I can afford the gas to go to the lake and put a line in to try my luck. Not quite ready for that yet, but soon, just not soon enough ;)

You're asking me to remember what happened two years ago when I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone what I did this morning? :wacky:

:unsure: Most of the time I'm lucky I know what day of the week it is, and generally that's only because I know what days my wife doesn't work, so if she's working, it's not one of those days. I guess that's what happens tho when each day just kind of seems like the last one.....until I come out of hibernation......then things might change a little bit once or twice a week, maybe, if the honey do lists are done, the weather cooperates, and I can afford the gas to go to the lake and put a line in to try my luck. Not quite ready for that yet, but soon, just not soon enough ;)
See you on the pier, @Trevor M 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

We live and we learn ?
I hope we do, I certainly try to. Our governments made rules for us that we knew did not make any sense because they assume we had no common sense. That is a pretty big error in judgement, IMHO. I still went fishing everyday I could. So it was no skin off my back, but feeling like a criminal doing it makes it sting a bit longer, I guess.
That petition Ang started is unforgivable. It shows you who he is at the core... the moment it suited his agenda, he turned on the very community he depends on to make a living. And then banned anyone that did not agree with him from commenting on his blog. I think it's important to remember who he really is.

Anyhow, @hvyhaul is right, the future is where it's at. But it is also important to remember... Mistakes can be easily made again if you don't remember the mistakes of the past.

Ohhh, that year. That’s the spring my buddy nailed a 40 pounder and we released it because we were sure that the “salmon derby” and weigh scales were closed.

He would have won. Biggest salmon I have ever seen in 30 years….

So, yea, that year.

Attachments

• E3099E5A-7BFC-45ED-BAB5-3308E3ED81BD.jpeg
    E3099E5A-7BFC-45ED-BAB5-3308E3ED81BD.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 729C843E-1881-402D-A33D-685421BDD21A.jpeg
    729C843E-1881-402D-A33D-685421BDD21A.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 48
  • CD441A5E-EAFB-4595-8DF3-0C31CA37EC88.png
    CD441A5E-EAFB-4595-8DF3-0C31CA37EC88.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
The effects of COVID in relation to trust (distrust) in government and the damage to personal relationships will likely outlast the virus itself. As a teacher, the impact of all these lockdowns on kids (educational, social, mental health etc.) will also unfortunately be long lasting. Challenging times will live in.

The effects of COVID in relation to trust (distrust) in government and the damage to personal relationships will likely outlast the virus itself. As a teacher, the impact of all these lockdowns on kids (educational, social, mental health etc.) will also unfortunately be long lasting. Challenging times will live in.
X2 the effects will definitely last a while unfortunately

We are not out of the woods yet boys and girls. I won't do my "Happy Dance" until the hospitals report zeros but this "bug" is here to stay and it was a wake up call for the entire world. At least now we are better prepared for future pandemics but unfortunately had to learn many things the hard way ie; masks, social distancing, lockdowns etc.. They say "out of something bad comes good" so if the pandemic united the world to battle it (COVID 19) we see once again a global unification against another threat to the human race ie; global war or at least the threat of it. Gives "shot in the arm" a whole new meaning don't it ? I hope/pray that we the human race will realize we are all in/on the same little blue boat/planet and best start rowing in the same direction if we are to survive. So while the past may be in the past we better learn from it because life is full of pop quizzes.

Yupper, talked to my dispatcher this morning, home with confirmed covid, dispatcher not me.

I have too many other things wrong to fit covid in. :rolleyes:

It ain't over 'til it's over. 🌻

Last edited:
The Wife and I are heading up to see her almost 102 years old mother (middle of April) and my 96 year old mother after The Wife gets home from work.

Covid protocols are in place. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks