Fishing Report Port Stanley

Ross17

Ice is off he lake. The commercial guys are going out tomorrow, after they bust thru all the garbage and ice in the harbour.

Ice is off he lake. The commercial guys are going out tomorrow, after they bust thru all the garbage and ice in the harbour.
@Ross17 😳 a lot of garbage there for sure cloaking up the channel out to the lake & likely quite a ways out!! 😳 I would be very curious 🧐 to see what the commercial fishermen would catch, & how far out onto Lake Erie to catch perch & perhaps walleye’s as well,this early in the season. I wonder if there is a way to find out on their fishing results? It would be interesting 🤔 to see. 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Well if it wasn’t $2 a litre for gas I’d almost take a drive down to see that, what a mess!!
@Dmanwithnoname where are you gassing up at $2 a litre? 🧐🤔 Don’t tell me,for I don’t want to know!! lol 😆😌😉 I topped up my gasoline tank early last saturday morning,at the Costco North here in London,after my last ice fishing trip from the day before,(March 4/22),at St.Williams.(ice fishing photo’s below). I am very proud to be a Costco member!! o_O 👍👍 lol 😝 Soooo, I am thinking 🤔 of taking a drive down to port stanley sometime this week,to personally have a look for myself,on all of the debris in the main channel. I am also very curious 🤨 on how the public boat 🚤 ramp looks like there,because I am not seeing any photo’s from the boat ramp area,but only from the main channel,from the draw bridge down towards Lake Erie.But I am guessing that the boat ramp area will be “chocked up” with lots of debris as well!! 😳 As mentioned,I will be in Port Stanley sometime this week,and as always,I will drop in,before or after at the Dixie Tackle in St.Thomas as well,while I am in the area. Be safe & tight lines eventually again soon for everyone,and it will likely be from out of our boat’s this time. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞🤞👍🙂

Attachments

• 4ECEA3BB-A096-4B2B-9A53-BE411417C5E6.jpeg
    4ECEA3BB-A096-4B2B-9A53-BE411417C5E6.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 21
  • F601B886-9788-4DC9-9C28-BF5BB4E36410.jpeg
    F601B886-9788-4DC9-9C28-BF5BB4E36410.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 21
  • A7DF954E-32F9-4B17-A5F6-F11CB4E27798.jpeg
    A7DF954E-32F9-4B17-A5F6-F11CB4E27798.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 1DC1AE30-E62F-44FE-8E44-AEADA9E6C3D5.jpeg
    1DC1AE30-E62F-44FE-8E44-AEADA9E6C3D5.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 213D2AF8-BD4A-470F-89AD-CE198BC35A75.jpeg
    213D2AF8-BD4A-470F-89AD-CE198BC35A75.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
@Ross17 😳 a lot of garbage there for sure cloaking up the channel out to the lake & likely quite a ways out!! 😳 I would be very curious 🧐 to see what the commercial fishermen would catch, & how far out onto Lake Erie to catch perch & perhaps walleye’s as well,this early in the season. I wonder if there is a way to find out on their fishing results? It would be interesting 🤔 to see. 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂
If you want t keep an eye on the commercial guys then use this site. Marinetraffic.com You can see where any registered boats are. We would head over to the St Clair River a few times in the winter to watch the ice breakers and have a look on site first to know where they are.

Hey @Red Hering the launch has a bunch of trees in it now and with the amount of debris in the channel it will probably get worse .
Thanks 🙏 @Bay_Fishing 👍👍 and much appreciated for your reply back & your update on the boat ramp area as well. Too bad about the launch going to be getting worse,but understandable with a mayor spring run-off happening right now.It will of course take sometime to clear out all of the debris there,and thanks again for the information.👊👊 Be Safe & Lake Erie walleye’s ON!! later,for all of us from all of the Lake Erie port’s,once all of the debris is gone!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

If you want t keep an eye on the commercial guys then use this site. Marinetraffic.com You can see where any registered boats are. We would head over to the St Clair River a few times in the winter to watch the ice breakers and have a look on site first to know where they are.
Thanks for the information and good to know @GPS 👍👍 and thanks!! 👊👊 I will check that website out later. Tight lines & eventually,”Walleye’s ON!! and maybe even Erie Gold,(perch),🤞🤞 ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

For you @Red Hering 👍
20220307_165813_HDR~3.jpg
Left side is clear just some snow and twigs right side has a bunch of timber . The river is fully clear now everything is gone nothing on the east break wall either, so it all pushed out to the lake . Bunch of dead heads all over the river from the bridge to the mouth of the lake. .

@Dmanwithnoname where are you gassing up at $2 a litre? 🧐🤔 Don’t tell me,for I don’t want to know!! lol 😆😌😉 I topped up my gasoline tank early last saturday morning,at the Costco North here in London,after my last ice fishing trip from the day before,(March 4/22),at St.Williams.(ice fishing photo’s below). I am very proud to be a Costco member!! o_O 👍👍 lol 😝 Soooo, I am thinking 🤔 of taking a drive down to port stanley sometime this week,to personally have a look for myself,on all of the debris in the main channel. I am also very curious 🤨 on how the public boat 🚤 ramp looks like there,because I am not seeing any photo’s from the boat ramp area,but only from the main channel,from the draw bridge down towards Lake Erie.But I am guessing that the boat ramp area will be “chocked up” with lots of debris as well!! 😳 As mentioned,I will be in Port Stanley sometime this week,and as always,I will drop in,before or after at the Dixie Tackle in St.Thomas as well,while I am in the area. Be safe & tight lines eventually again soon for everyone,and it will likely be from out of our boat’s this time. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞🤞👍🙂
Sorry to say Red- But gas is expected to go up another 3-5 cents by Wed. Go figure! The hurt and pain keeps on going! Stay safe my friend.

For you @Red Hering 👍
View attachment 55348
Left side is clear just some snow and twigs right side has a bunch of timber . The river is fully clear now everything is gone nothing on the east break wall either, so it all pushed out to the lake . Bunch of dead heads all over the river from the bridge to the mouth of the lake. .
Thanks for thinking of me & not as bad as I thought @Bay_Fishing and 2 “thumbs up” 👍👍🙂 for your update & the photo,& it shouldn’t be too long now for the rest of the timber to be cleared out,and I will even bring my chainsaw along to help out,lol 🤣😂😉,when I visit Port Stanley sometime this week. It will be fantastic to see the port stanley boat ramp in the photo below like this again soon. Be Safe & tight lines & Walleye’s ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍👍🙂

Attachments

• 1DED0317-AB14-485F-9552-A89DEAB6C2E8.jpeg
    1DED0317-AB14-485F-9552-A89DEAB6C2E8.jpeg
    344.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 46D54F96-99BB-4A4A-B908-973C1CB51CE5.jpeg
    46D54F96-99BB-4A4A-B908-973C1CB51CE5.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 17
Sorry to say Red- But gas is expected to go up another 3-5 cents by Wed. Go figure! The hurt and pain keeps on going! Stay safe my friend.
That’s not good news @walleyeman about the gasoline going up even higher!! 😳👎👎 I will plan my fishing trip’s even more now,before I go anywhere,to make sure that it will be worthwhile to not waste away the gasoline. Be Safe & Tight Lines & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks