Wind Warning for Sunday !

Old Cut LongPointer

Ay Caramba ! Soaring temperatures (8c today 14c Sunday) are one thing but 60 gusting to 95 km/h winds by 1300hrs. predicted for Sunday. Also rain starting this afternoon into Sunday morning. Hope everyone gets their gear off in time. Although not predicted the chance of "ice shoves" could happen along shoreline.

Its been a fantastic Hard water season.

We had a good season 8 weeks we fished , 100’s of perch caught most snow brown back to grow , I think we had 4 meals , and put enough in the freezer , I love to see that first ice come but by mid March I’m ready to see it go , and now my little town gets quiet again , well until bass opener

We had a good season 8 weeks we fished , 100’s of perch caught most snow brown back to grow , I think we had 4 meals , and put enough in the freezer , I love to see that first ice come but by mid March I’m ready to see it go , and now my little town gets quiet again , well until bass opener
Thanks @Yakfisherman for all of your fishing report’s & some of your tip’s on how to catch the perch and the odd pike’s. Also,letting us know occasional the ice conditions on the inner bay,which helps for an out of towner such as myself to not make a wasted 3 hour round trip to long point bay. Enjoy your perch & pike meal’s,and “Come On” to the soft water season!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍

Sure was busy on the bay last evening with all the shacks being taken off the ice. Only one left out this AM. Probably the best ice fishing I've seen since I've been here, a lot of happy fishers and good to see the operators do well they put huge effort into it over the years.

Sure was busy on the bay last evening with all the shacks being taken off the ice. Only one left out this AM. Probably the best ice fishing I've seen since I've been here, a lot of happy fishers and good to see the operators do well they put huge effort into it over the years.
For sure @Larry Lloyd 👍👍🙂 about the best ice fishing that I have seen as well,since I started ice fishing there on the inner bay of long point back in the early 80th’s!! Excellent ice fishing for sure back then as well!! I didn’t notice too much debris left out on the ice,as I was walking back in,after ice fishing last March 4/22. But unfortunately,there was this leftover ice hut frozen into the ice,and hopefully it will eventually float to shore,(once the ice melts),before a boat 🚤 hits it,during the boating season. Definitely I agree as well,about the great operator’s there that you mentioned & here’s hoping that the great ice fishing will last for year’s to come!! 🎣🐟🐟🤞🤞👍🙂

Attachments

• DFF19651-77ED-48C8-ACD4-BA05EEEB619B.jpeg
    DFF19651-77ED-48C8-ACD4-BA05EEEB619B.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 40
I guess one of two things will happen today, I will find out how well I secured the tarp covering my boat, or after the tarp changes postal codes, I'll see how well the boat survived the Winter. 🌻

Last edited:
I guess one of two things will happen today, I will find out how well I secured the tarp covering my boat, or after the tarp changes postal code I'll see how well the boat survived the Winter. 🌻
I hope so or you may find your tarp somewhere down near Toronto. The wind is gusting to 65km SW at times here in Iona Station but is supposed to pick up to around 82km this afternoon. 🌬️ Hey Stephen if that tarp does come off next time use some of that 3M 5200. 😜

I took a look at the bay this morning, still 4 huts on the ice near shore , ministry was down there taking pics of them and recording registration numbers technically I believe you have to the 15th to get them off but I’d be moving them today , still one hut way out near the crack , and I seen 1 brave soul walking out with fishing gear 745E2B30-BCDA-42A1-BAC1-0C8DFFB1B36D.jpeg9828464F-BEDC-4A9B-8DBD-91437ED2EAB2.jpegC870A2D3-F25A-4591-8BE4-CF3F1799ED13.jpegAB820FC4-059A-4E06-A6BB-AA92FC480D61.jpeg7C9A3EA3-68B6-43E1-98A7-C654C359103E.png

Thanks for all your updates! And hoping that individual fisherman made it off safely, also the remaining huts too

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks