who is going fishing tomorrow...hey we are

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Ya enough is enough for sitting on shore..just to sink the knife in super deep..thats right the fishin has really picked up this week for both mahi mahi and marlin and i cant stand it no more.. were leaving the pier early just after 4am..thats also right its going to be one of those scream & burn dayz

good luck ice fishing boyz..

Thankyou @stomp for the good luck will take that out with us.._-18 should thickin that ice good for the machines..

the weather here is 26 celsius..one degree warmer and low of 22 and thats a one degree milder as well..
its says ecuador has one of the most comfortable climates to live in..

Good luck @mick! Forecast low -18ish next couple nights in Londontown.
I have been @stomp packing up my ice fishing tackle recently,and waiting for the safe ice conditions to come. By your winter weather report @stomp ,it looks like that a lot of us ice fishermen will be hitting the hard water soon,for hopefully 🤞🤞 some perch & pike action. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍👍😎

Attachments

• 40C37446-3B9A-4C85-9E0E-7193EE34747D.jpeg
    40C37446-3B9A-4C85-9E0E-7193EE34747D.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 4
Ya enough is enough for sitting on shore..just to sink the knife in super deep..thats right the fishin has really picked up this week for both mahi mahi and marlin and i cant stand it no more.. were leaving the pier early just after 4am..thats also right its going to be one of those scream & burn dayz

good luck ice fishing boyz..
As the saying goes @mick you can’t catch them off a couch from home,& tight lines to you & mahi,mahi & marlin’s ON!! Enjoy your trip and be safe!! 🚤🎣 🐠 🐠🐠🐟🐟🐟 😉👍👍😎

I been waiting all this time for the captain for the go ahead...now I am getting picked up earlier 3 am..we are making over 3 hour run to Bella reef over 3 closer to 4 hours..omg how much fuel is this trip..I am getting close to broke..gasoline broke..and that doesnt come with a marlin guarantee either..i mean hook ups..a bite is a just a bite..a scream and burn is 2 marlin on at a time..ya we have had 2 in 14Xtrips..oh and the blue marlin holy grail..forget it..
ya one more thing ya the fish move i got mahi and marlin 2 hours south mid week..now we are heading NW..I would rather fish dorado out off isla la Plata..
now you can probably understand why i had trouble with 3 different costa rican captains and fired all 3 of them when i finished up and went home..silverado the millionaire sportsfisherman who lives in the mansion on the hill in puerto carrillio I fished with his first mate on that boat the lesson of the circle hook..ya Jose he was good and worth the cost..ya billfishing your fighting more then just the bill $$$$$ ya 5 digits

good luck @Red Hering i suggest go to mitchells bay or the middlegrounds..check the fishing reports on basshaven remember your best goto colours for stained water..

Last edited:
East Winds that day @Derkd9 😬 & just saying!! lol 😆 Tight lines and perch & pike ON!! to you and whoever is coming with you on the 29th. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤤😉👍🙂
East Winds that day @Derkd9 😬 & just saying!! lol 😆 Tight lines and perch & pike ON!! to you and whoever is coming with you on the 29th. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤤😉👍🙂
Good for you @Derkd9 for going ice fishing on the 29th. 👍👍 Will you be going off the Old Cut that day like last year around that time,with Jimmy Riggin’s Ice Fishing Charters? I will be going out sometime through next week for the first time in 2022,for some ice fishing for perch,and I hope to be posting on how my day on long point bay went that day,good or bad. Tight lines to you my friend &
Perch ON!! to myself & others as well. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Good for you @Derkd9 for going ice fishing on the 29th. 👍👍 Will you be going off the Old Cut that day like last year around that time,with Jimmy Riggin’s Ice Fishing Charters? I will be going out sometime through next week for the first time in 2022,for some ice fishing for perch,and I hope to be posting on how my day on long point bay went that day,good or bad. Tight lines to you my friend &
Perch ON!! to myself & others as well. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂
My friend booked the hut for us out of St Williams this year, I was just texting with him about how excited I am to go!

My friend booked the hut for us out of St Williams this year, I was just texting with him about how excited I am to go!
Good choice 👍 @Derkd9 about your Buddy booking a ice hut off St.Williams. It’s one of my favourite spot’s to go ice fishing & last year,the ice fishing was good to excellent there. Tight lines to you both on the 29th!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

@Wave Runner great idea but the XTR is tucked away for the winter And the insurance doesn’t cover her between Dec 1st and March 1st, so as soon as the ice is out I will be getting her wet again 😉

ya see the time boys..yep its 2:28 am & Im up & waiting for alex ..ya were traveling soon on the pacific in the pitch dark..its almost full moon ..not with over 90% cloud cover..

Last edited:
took us just under 4 hours to get to the bella reef..we hooked up right away...fishing was very good..
i don't ususally count the 5 for 5 bonita
ya it was a dorado day..6 for 7 Mahi Mahi..lost 1 huge monster dorado, to a gaff that didnt get answered..ya..

heres 2 of the outstanding moments in my world of sportfishin yesterday saturday ya it was top water madness..
ya a beauty double header big dorado explosion. powerful and loud off the gaff..that was at 1:45 pm

we got on 2 double marlin right at port side at 12:15 and ya..we got both marlin side by side chasing our #4 starboard outrigger bait and went off faster then a catapult...ya its a wow we got video footage of that..
ya excellent action..and to throw in the 2 doubles..we were speechless on the double chase..just incredible
my... yes my photos & videos keep adding up..and theres junior holding the marlin fin up for the photo..also got um with an onboard cevichi Mahi Mahi..ya 2 smaller dorado made us a big batch..
20220115_123448.jpg20220115_124404.jpg20220115_124446(0).jpg

Last edited:
I just reviewed the double marlin chase...I have the release off the starboard outrigger video captured..and i got the audio in spanish 2 marlin on the chase...ya iam good with that..

ya the big mahi mahi double header..my last big dorado double was Samara CR March 2019 and exactly the same hunting tatics offshore fishing Pelagic fish in this case fishin XL mahi that run in doubles..thats so lucky..
I will come back and post the 3 Mr big Mahis here later...I mentioned that double being super loud..well
both come off the gaff and were busting and trashing up the back of the boat..one marlin rod went flying..my left leg got hammered bleeding to my ankles from the knee..you guys have no idea how violent that can get..and ya the noise from the fibregass getting crashed from the mahis going ballistic...gave me a pounding headache..good thing nobody got seriously hurt..

ya its a full moon tonight..calm sunny blue sky..and iam hearing high tide washing in right now..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks