Fishing Report Perch - Inner Bay - Wednesday, October 13th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Fished with Albert for maybe 3 hours in 7 to 8 feet of water south of Collin's Marina. We ended up with 33 keeper perch 8 to 10" and one 4-5 pound pike that we released. Weather was cloudy and warm with a light west wind.

Was in the same area yesterday in that stiff south wind. First time using the anchor in years. Couldn't keep the bow mount in the water. The bite was crazy, filled the cooler. When the wind died down and the sun came out it showed down. Great way to end the season.

Attachments

• IMG_20211012_161934.jpg
    IMG_20211012_161934.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 83
Was in the same area yesterday in that stiff south wind. First time using the anchor in years. Couldn't keep the bow mount in the water. The bite was crazy, filled the cooler. When the wind died down and the sun came out it showed down. Great way to end the season.
@Scotts[/USER] that’s a nice 👍 haul of perch there,and a great way for you to end your season. Enjoy 😉 your perch fry!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟 😋👍🙂

Last edited:
Yep! The wind and waves seems to improve the fishing. Friends stayed out a little longer than us yesterday (Wednesday) and told us that things really improved near noon when the wind picked up.

May I ask how you rig the baits. Bell sinker with short leaders Lines to the hooks Or the walleye rig you get from Canadian tire? Might have to get into the perch action since trolling has died off in the big lakes.

May I ask how you rig the baits. Bell sinker with short leaders Lines to the hooks Or the walleye rig you get from Canadian tire? Might have to get into the perch action since trolling has died off in the big lakes.
I use a drop shot rig with two hooks that I make myself. Drop shot hooks are available at any fishing store and instructions are easily found online.
Personally I use red #4 octopus hooks which are similar excepting they are a little more difficult to tie than modern drop shot hooks which are made with a swivel feature designed to avoid line twists. I find perch respond better to red hooks but and they are not available in the genuine drop shot version.

We found the pickerel rigs don't get as much bites and yet that is all we've ever used for the last 20 years.

We use a lure call Swedish Pimples, whether it is gold or silver does the trick. The Swedish Pimple seems to attract the perch more than the Pickerel rigs, as been proven many times when we are using the two different techniques on the boat ie every cast I get bites as opposed to a pickerel rig would sit a while before the perch would bite.

Fished the same area south of Collins from 9:30 until 2:00 . When the cloud cover came in the bite picked up with the waves. Found that if I dragged the bait forward the length of the rod just off the bottom the strikes increased. Took home 26 nice Perch,Good day on the water.

Never thought to try Swedish pimples for Perch. Was my go to lure ice fishing on Nipissing. Will have to give that a try.

I like the rigs thirtystone has he has a post on classifieds
Hi Alby....thanks for the plug.....Another thing I used to use on Lake Simcoe and off Wasaga Beach, to bring perch in is a 3-4" Williams Chrome with no hooks and about 16" of line with a small treble hook with a white Pearl attached to the middle of the treble on the underside. Then you start a slow Jigging action, the perch or herring or any fish for that matter will hit the treble on the upswing.....Try it sometime. No Bait....It works

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks