Fishing Report East winds of aug 27th

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The nephews birthday comming up..he wanted to go fishing on the lake again with uncle so off we went!
Looks a little choppy..lumpy..some white caps..east wind... well alright then!
Me ,he and his old dad made our way out to 60fow, south and touch east of port burwell.
Set up with 4x5 color pulling #12 husky deeps and 5x5color port side pulling Smithwick p10s on boards.
2 rigger Working the deeps at 40-55ft it was game on by third line in.
Best lure off rigger was a bomber long A at 45ft. Bro washed a few baits on other rigger and found the fish favoring a DW greasy chicken wing at 50-55ft.
The bite was hot to say the least. Countless Doubles&triples. Countless sheep head as well but figure around 13. Noticed a pattern on the color the flat fish were liking in the P10 (The hot heat) so swapped The hot heat out for 24 carrot and trimed that sheep heard in half and upped the eye count. Couple beastly walleye made there way to the net as wellIMG_7347.jpgIMG_7350.jpg 28.5 &27.5".
Got the lines in 330 and pulled the spread at 8pm.
Laid into a school of acitive feeders around 61fow and stayed on them.
Rolled with waves for near 2 mile,pulled every thing up reset and rolled over um again..and again.
The boy says 44 made it in the boat but can't remember how many hits, but he figures 55 at least Lol.. yeah maybe. It was like sorting perch for keepers out there today.
Voodoo haze #12 Husky deep and motion sickness P10 was lights out on core20210828_033621.jpg. 2.7-3mph.
With the way things are going ill soon I'm be able to sit back and rest easy and let the good times roll as he was able to set lines, crank lines, Set boards, remove boards,Change baits, grip fish, netting fish you name it he was game to do it done it well.
We he had a blast!!

Attachments

• 20210828_002356.jpg
    20210828_002356.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 44
The nephews birthday comming up..he wanted to go fishing on the lake again with uncle so off we went!
Me ,he and his old dad made our way out to 60fow, south and touch east of port burwell.
Set up with 4x5 color pulling #12 husky deeps and 5x5color port side pulling Smithwick p10s on boards.
Best lure off rigger was a bomber long A at 45ft. Bro washed a few baits on other rigger and found the fish favoring a DW greasy chicken wing at 50-55ft.
The bite was hot to say the least. Countless Doubles&triples. Countless sheep head as well but figure around 13. Noticed a pattern on the color the flat fish were liking in the P10 (The hot heat) so swapped The hot heat out for 24 carrot and trimed that sheep heard in half and upped the eye count. Couple beastly walleye made there way to the net as wellView attachment 48826View attachment 48827 28.5 &27.5".
Rolled with waves for near 2 mile,pulled every thing up reset and rolled over um again..and again.
The boy says 44 made it in the boat but can't remember how many hits, but he figures 55 at least Lol.. yeah maybe. It was like sorting perch for keepers out there today.
Voodoo haze #12 Husky deep and motion sickness P10 was lights out on coreView attachment 48828. 2.7-3mph.
With the way things are going ill soon I'm be able to sit back and rest easy and let the good times roll as he was able to set lines, crank lines, Set boards, remove boards,Change baits, grip fish, netting fish you name it he was game to do it done it well.
We he had a blast!!
He looks so happy. Looks like a great day for everyone.

The bite was hot to say the least. Countless Doubles&triples. Countless sheep head as well but figure around 13. Noticed a pattern on the color the flat fish were liking in the P10 (The hot heat) so swapped The hot heat out for 24 carrot and trimed that sheep heard in half and upped the eye count. Couple beastly walleye made there way to the net as wellView attachment 48826View attachment 48827 28.5 &27.5".
Voodoo haze #12 Husky deep and motion sickness P10 was lights out on coreView attachment 48828. 2.7-3mph.
We he had a blast!!
I would say you are a great uncle. Always love seeing family fishing photos. Way to go !

Congrats sounds and looks like great fishing and memories were made, big smile there lol always great to read your reports 👍🎣 you even had a East wind and still had a great day.
JJ

Excellent photo’s and fishing report again @SIX-GRAND 👍👍🙂 That’s one happy nephew that you have there & good for you to take him out fishing,especially with his birthday coming up!! In the first photo it looks like a storm ⛈ is a”brewing” and I am thinking that was one of the reasons why the fishing was “HOT!!” as well!! Also,a great selection of lure’s there as well,(because of the unique colours), & I need to buy some of those!! lol 😂 Tight lines to you and your nephew,etc., on your future fishing trip’s!! Enjoy your walleye fry!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟😋😉👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks