Fishing Report Are you jerking your rod too hard?

Twister

More than half of yesterday's fish were caught by popping the rigger release then working the lure. This worked better on Rippling Red fins but worked on spoons as well. Lift and drop the rod tip worked yesterday. Neat to feel the bite .

More than half of yesterday's fish were caught by popping the rigger release then working the lure. This worked better on Rippling Red fins but worked on spoons as well. Lift and drop the rod tip worked yesterday. Neat to feel the bite .
A great tip @Twister 👍🙂 and I have heard about this method & and done this over the year’s. Yes,it is neat to feel the bite!! That’s what fishing should be all about!! To actually feel “the bite” and to set the hook on a fish!! 😉👊👊👍🙂

I have been doing the Walleye popoff for over 30 years. If you go through a bunch of fish but are not getting any hits then do the popoff. Quick snap up on your rod and then pump it up when the slack is out. The Walleye fear the bait is going to get away and they will strike it.

you’ve gotta work that pole just right ;)
Fail Falling Down GIF

Been doing that for a long time too, even in the 80’s off Burwell. We would flat line Canadian wrigglers and stop the boat so they would float up to the surface. If one guy got a walleye we allways stopped the boat and normallly the other guy got one too.

I have been doing the Walleye popoff for over 30 years. If you go through a bunch of fish but are not getting any hits then do the popoff. Quick snap up on your rod and then pump it up when the slack is out. The Walleye fear the bait is going to get away and they will strike it.
a quick pop off in the shower gets the day on tra

I do this all the time when there is no bite on Erie for like 10 minutes... Pop up a rod, DO NOT reel the slack, hold it in your hand, scratch your balls for 1-2 minutes, then check out the RRF that's on it...

A great tip @Twister 👍🙂 and I have heard about this method & and done this over the year’s. Yes,it is neat to feel the bite!! That’s what fishing should be all about!! To actually feel “the bite” and to set the hook on a fish!! 😉👊👊👍🙂
When I was a firstmate Erie if we were going thur in active schools we would pop the riggers,it tends to trigger a hit for the fish that are actually follow ing your bait red

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks