Pike were hungry

pikehunter

Must have been the heat that turned on the big female pike tonight! One big girl was 10lbs. The other was 13.5lbs. Both hit hard and jumped! I guess they like it hot? Both were released healthy to fight another day. IMG_20210809_184443.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_184249.jpg
    IMG_20210809_184249.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20210809_184501.jpg
    IMG_20210809_184501.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 160
do you keep some for eaters? These look a little big, but I love the taste of pike as much as walleye and get more meat per pound of fish.

Wow, a 13lb pike is a great catch! They were on fire Sunday. I was looking for bass though. If you find a perch colour swim jig in one, lemme know. Lol

do you keep some for eaters? These look a little big, but I love the taste of pike as much as walleye and get more meat per pound of fish.
@Outdorman I prefer pike over walleye and perch. When I clean them I end up with 2 full fillets and no “Y” bones. I only keep ones between 6-8 lbs. I’ve thrown back lots of 10+ lbs unless they are bleeders. @stomp and myself have caught quite a few of them. My personnel best was the day @stomp was with me. We had to keep it because it inhaled the lure deep into the gills and was bleeding. 16.3 lbs.

@Outdorman I prefer pike over walleye and perch. When I clean them I end up with 2 full fillets and no “Y” bones. I only keep ones between 6-8 lbs. I’ve thrown back lots of 10+ lbs unless they are bleeders. @stomp and myself have caught quite a few of them. My personnel best was the day @stomp was with me. We had to keep it because it inhaled the lure deep into the gills and was bleeding. 16.3 lbs.
That yap probably could have taken your arm right up to the elbow !!! Great fight too I would imagine.

Must have been the heat that turned on the big female pike tonight! One big girl was 10lbs. The other was 13.5lbs. Both hit hard and jumped! I guess they like it hot? Both were released healthy to fight another day. View attachment 47684
Wow! Those are some awesome pike you caught there! Well done! Out of curiosity how deep of water do the big pike hang out in during the summer? I’m hoping to take my wife and kids down on Sunday to the bay to play around and catch some fish and I know my kids would love to catch a pike as they have never caught one yet I’m just wondering how deep we should looking.

Wow! Those are some awesome pike you caught there! Well done! Out of curiosity how deep of water do the big pike hang out in during the summer? I’m hoping to take my wife and kids down on Sunday to the bay to play around and catch some fish and I know my kids would love to catch a pike as they have never caught one yet I’m just wondering how deep we should looking.
I’d like to know how deep the big girls are too! But for your kids, depending on age, hammer handles are easy to catch, plus might get larger around 5lbs and that would be exciting for them.

little rice bay usually has some decent pike.

I’d like to know how deep the big girls are too! But for your kids, depending on age, hammer handles are easy to catch, plus might get larger around 5lbs and that would be exciting for them.

little rice bay usually has some decent pike.
Thank you for the reply! If we get into some I’ll be sure to let you know how deep beescreamer.

16.3 lb. pike @Three Bouys ?? 🧐 I don’t believe you my friend!! lol 😝 👊👊😉👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks