Lake Huron in the morning.

StMarysDude

Hey fisher dudes and dudettes, going to try Huron for walleye and trout/salmon. Going out of PT. Franks, any suggestions for this lake, usually in close for bass, only ever fished on this lake a few years ago for trout and got one. So looking to have a little better luck this time. The other 2 with me have never fished eyes in Huron either only in Erie. Will start at 50 FOW, will try around 2.5 to 3 mph, mix up the selection between hard bodies and lures, will mix up the colour as well. start out with #0 Dipseys at 80 feet out, #1 at 100 feet out and riggers about 10 feet from bottom betweeen 80 and 100 feet out. Advice/suggestions/jokes all welcome. Will report as we are out.

Hey fisher dudes and dudettes, going to try Huron for walleye and trout/salmon. Going out of PT. Franks, any suggestions for this lake, usually in close for bass, only ever fished on this lake a few years ago for trout and got one. So looking to have a little better luck this time. The other 2 with me have never fished eyes in Huron either only in Erie. Will start at 50 FOW, will try around 2.5 to 3 mph, mix up the selection between hard bodies and lures, will mix up the colour as well. start out with #0 Dipseys at 80 feet out, #1 at 100 feet out and riggers about 10 feet from bottom betweeen 80 and 100 feet out. Advice/suggestions/jokes all welcome. Will report as we are out.
Good luck @StMarysDude & hopefully a great fishing post’s coming in later. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

I delayed until after 8 to head out of Goderich but was a little too rough for a solo trip out to 85' so a putted in close for a bit. No luck and from what I heard on the radio and talking to some guys when I packed up it was slow. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Nothing 5 lines out worm flat line, lures and bodies anywhere between 30 to 50 feet down and 2.9 mph, and absolutely nothing, marking at 60 and 30 fow, in 68 fow trolling North to get back to 65 fow, marking the most there.

ideas?

Hit the Ausable at 1pm with not a single hook on the lake, tried every combination, even tried a worm harness on a #1 dipsey to get it down to the 30 mark where we were marking fish. Zero nada.
trolled the river for a couple of hours, got 2 keepers lake side of 21, 1 on a b.bouncer and harness the other on a gold/orange diver.
So wasn't a complete bust.

No need for sliders this time of year.
I dunno what to tell you. We had a pretty good morning on Sunday. Sunday fishing report
But I was out much deeper. Why did you stay so shallow?

Last edited:
I w
Hit the Ausable at 1pm with not a single hook on the lake, tried every combination, even tried a worm harness on a #1 dipsey to get it down to the 30 mark where we were marking fish. Zero nada.
trolled the river for a couple of hours, got 2 keepers lake side of 21, 1 on a b.bouncer and harness the other on a gold/orange diver.
So wasn't a complete bust.
I wouldn’t eat anything out of that river!

Tried to head outta Port Elgin at 430. Waves were coming over the breakwall so I turned the ignition off and went to the fry stand instead.

I w

I wouldn’t eat anything out of that river!
why? theres nothing wrong with them. I live on the ausable and have fished outta PF for years. I'd eat anything out of the lake or river before lake ontario or erie. The water looks dirty but its just the ausauble clay. The water behind my house is as clear as a fresh spring when you get past parkhill. The fish are 100% fine to eat!!

Back