This is what happens when I don’t go fishing after work.….

I think the foam on the top is supposed to trap the hooks in case the box gets flipped but it doesn’t look thick enough to me. I have some closed cell foam I might experiment with once I see how it works as is.
The smaller box from the States (spooncrank box) has more foam and I had it knocked on the side with no damage. It has a nice storage in the lid but not deep enough for long bodybaits like deep rapalas

The smaller box from the States (spooncrank box) has more foam and I had it knocked on the side with no damage. It has a nice storage in the lid but not deep enough for long bodybaits like deep rapalas
I was looking at the shallower one for $10 less but figured big spoons wouldn’t fit

The Special Mate come in these 3 sizes. I use the medium 8 inch body #8128 model which holds plenty of spoons and body baits including the deep divers such as Tail Dancers no problem.
boxes sm

Small 5”​

Body #5128 | Spoon #5225
boxes med

Medium 8”​

Body #8128 | Spoon #8225
boxes tall

Tall 13”​

Model #1345

The Special Mate come in these 3 sizes. I use the medium 8 inch body #8128 model which holds plenty of spoons and body baits including the deep divers such as Tail Dancers no problem.
boxes sm

Small 5”​

Body #5128 | Spoon #5225
boxes med

Medium 8”​

Body #8128 | Spoon #8225
boxes tall

Tall 13”​

Model #1345
Was going to get the 5”
But ended up with the 8” definitely better buy than the 5”

The 13” is for some serious baits lol

I bought the medium one as well in the body bait version. My thinking was the dividers in between can’t hurt keeping spoons separated. Might just put a couple dozen spoons in different spots and dump it to see what happens, change foam to something a little more dense if needed

Was going to get the 5”
But ended up with the 8” definitely better buy than the 5”

The 13” is for some serious baits lol
Maybe 🤔 @Derkd9 the 13”
is used for some musky or pike lure’s such as spoons & bucktail spinners & perhaps some body bait’s as well,I am just guessing & tight lines!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

boxes sm

Small 5”​

Body #5128 | Spoon #5225
boxes med

Medium 8”​

Body #8128 | Spoon #8225
boxes tall

Tall 13”​

Model #1345
I think 🤔 that I have the medium 8”size special mate box, @Wave Runner ,(only one-lol 😏😙),but I don’t want to look right now on which one I have,because I will be playing with my,silver streaks,@Wackm Tackle,Great Lakes spoons,etc. lol 😂 😉👍🙂

I think 🤔 that I have the medium 8”size special mate box, @Wave Runner ,(only one-lol 😏😙),but I don’t want to look right now on which one I have,because I will be playing with my,silver streaks,@Wackm Tackle,Great Lakes spoons,etc. lol 😂 😉👍🙂
Yeah the 5 inch is only good for spoons unless your body baits are "river runts." 😜
s-l300.jpg
One box is all you need anyway unless you're @Ticker... he needs a dozen of them to house the lures he has. 😂

Last edited:
Used those boxes before always mess after a bumpy ride. Switched to these boxes works awesome no mess. Plus it will float if knocked overboard.
Got 5 of them boxes
The only negative in my opinion is if it's bumpy on the lake and you don't pay close attention to pick out the spoon you will have the surrounding spoons hooks in back of your hand
For the smaller Erie spoons I make extra cuts in the foam so it can hold more

Wait til you flip the box by accident and it takes you an hour to get all the lures untangled! Last time i did it on the hardwood floor in the livingroom much to the displeasure of my wife!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks