Fishing Report Port Glasgow July 19th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Perfect morning to go fishing at Glasgow with no line up at the launch in or out made this retiree very happy! :happy: Run out to 65 ft. and lots on the fish finder so down go the riggers to 40 ft. and #1 Dipsys back 130 ft. and once I found they were in love with Greasy Chicken it was rodeo show. We boated 36 walleye but had to throw back 24 of them because they were so small. Where did all these little pep squeaks hammering on the lures like they are studs come from? :jawdrop: Ended the morning 36-39 on walleye keeping our 2 man limit of nice ones, 1 sheep and a 15 1/2 lb. catfish. Lost count but I think it was somewhere around 33 of the walleye came on Greasy Chicken spoons including the 3 we lost. NO bows at all today for us. :( All in in all it was another enjoyable morning on Erie for Darren and I. Poor Darren had a sore arm from his vaccine shot yesterday and I made him wind in the cat that put up one heck of fight now his arm is really sore. :p Oh yeah the cat liked the Greasy Chicken spoon too! 😂

PXL_20210719_120044778.MP.jpgPXL_20210719_140510330.MP.jpgPXL_20210719_140539432.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20210719_170956916.jpg

When we first hooked it I thought must be a huge sheep. But after 10 minutes it was still pulling line I wasn't sure what the heck we had on. Then when it finally showed it's ugly head I said I can't believe we caught that off the Dipsy on a Greasy Chicken spoon. o_O That's a first for me on Erie... well in fact anywhere for that matter. The photo doesn't do it justice that puppy had a belly on it like a quarter horse. 😂

Wow that's one awesome day of fishing @Wave Runner
Thats a biggen cat had caught small ones jigging but never trolling hard baits 😱 ,you sure got them good walleye this time I hope you left some for me and @Puddle Jumper for tomorrow
We are going while the winds are cooperating and I can take a weekday off from work
Great report too

Perfect morning to go fishing at Glasgow with no line up at the launch in or out made this retiree very happy! :happy: Run out to 65 ft. and lots on the fish finder so down go the riggers to 40 ft. and #1 Dipsys back 130 ft. and once I found they were in love with Greasy Chicken it was rodeo show. We boated 36 walleye but had to throw back 24 of them because they were so small. Where did all these little pep squeaks hammering on the lures like they are studs come from? :jawdrop: Ended the morning 36-39 on walleye keeping our 2 man limit of nice ones, 1 sheep and a 15 1/2 lb. catfish. Lost count but I think it was somewhere around 33 of the walleye came on Greasy Chicken spoons including the 3 we lost. NO bows at all today for us. :( All in in all it was another enjoyable morning on Erie for Darren and I. Poor Darren had a sore arm from his vaccine shot yesterday and I made him wind in the cat that put up one heck of fight now his arm is really sore. :p Oh yeah the cat liked the Greasy Chicken spoon too! 😂

View attachment 45710View attachment 45711View attachment 45712View attachment 45713
Good fishing Robert. I keep threatening to come down there. Soon I hope. Just to easy to go down to Burwell ad jump in n the boat I guess

View attachment 45710View attachment 45711View attachment 45712View attachment 45713
Good fishing,AGAIN!! lol 😆 @Wave Runner 👍👍😉 to you and Darren!! I don’t see the 15 1/2 lb. catfish in your cooler @Wave Runner that Darren landed!! lol 😂 🤣 Enjoy your walleye fry to the both of you & well deserved!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋😉👍🙂

Thats a biggen cat had caught small ones jigging but never trolling hard baits 😱 ,you sure got them good walleye this time I hope you left some for me and @Puddle Jumper for tomorrow
We are going while the winds are cooperating and I can take a weekday off from work
Great report too
Good luck tomorrow @Ticker with @Puddle Jumper and please leave me some walleye’s,and especially rainbow’s as well!! I will eventually get out there on Lake Erie.But first for some catfish fishing in Port Bruce this week. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Good fishing,AGAIN!! lol 😆 @Wave Runner 👍👍😉 to you and Darren!! I don’t see the 15 1/2 lb. catfish in your cooler @Wave Runner that Darren landed!! lol 😂 🤣 Enjoy your walleye fry to the both of you & well deserved!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋😉👍🙂
Thanks Erich. Yeah Darren was thinking of taking the catfish for an Asian man that lives in his apartment complex that would love to have it but it wouldn't fit in the cooler with 12 walleye. He said his arm from the vaccine shot and playing it to the boat made it so sore he said forget it I'm not lugging that thing all over the place. 😁

Wow what a great day.

Thanks Erich. Yeah Darren was thinking of taking the catfish for an Asian man that lives in his apartment complex that would love to have it but it wouldn't fit in the cooler with 12 walleye. He said his arm from the vaccine shot and playing it to the boat made it so sore he said forget it I'm not lugging that thing all over the place. 😁
Good for Darren for releasing that catfish,90743F06-5B21-4047-A4AE-BE454ABCCE87.jpeg & I was just joking about him keeping that “huge” catfish. A great fishing trip & report from the two of you on Lake Erie today,and I will eventually get out there again,to chase down some walleye’s & rainbow’s!! I enjoy reading all of these fishing post’s from everyone,🍿and it is much cheaper this way,plus there is no need for me to be getting up too early to go fishing!! lol 😂 🤣😉,but I am itching to get out there on Lake Erie soon!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Great report too
Hey thanks Frank and good luck to you and @Puddle Jumper tomorrow at Glasgow. You should have a really great day for fishing tomorrow weather wise. Man there's a mess of little walleye in there right now. Hopefully the little buggers will stay off your lines long enough to get some decent ones in the boat. That was crazy eh a 15 1/2 lb. catfish trolling with a Dipsy? I didn't think those things could swim fast enough to hit a spoon going 2.8 mph. :woot:

Good fishing Robert. I keep threatening to come down there. Soon I hope. Just to easy to go down to Burwell ad jump in n the boat I guess
By the reports the fishing has really picked up at Burwell hasn't John? Don't blame you for the ease of just jumping in the boat and going. I loved all those vacations we took as a family to those many northern lakes and got to do the same. It was great to get up in the morning have breakfast and jump in the boat to go fishing. Come back around noon tie the boat up to the dock and go in for lunch. Go swimming after in the heat of the day then after supper jump in the boat for the evening fish. A lot of great memories of those years. 😁

Wow!!! What a great day Wave Runner. I'm heading out tomorrow morning for the first time this year. Weather and schedule just haven't allowed me to get out yet this year on Erie. taking my wife and daughter so hopefully I can zone in some Walleye/Bows for them.Thanks for the update and info!! Great to see you out having fun on the water!!

Wow!!! What a great day Wave Runner. I'm heading out tomorrow morning for the first time this year. Weather and schedule just haven't allowed me to get out yet this year on Erie. taking my wife and daughter so hopefully I can zone in some Walleye/Bows for them.Thanks for the update and info!! Great to see you out having fun on the water!!
Thanks Bruce and good luck to you three tomorrow. You should have really have a great day for it tomorrow. The walleye are down in the 40 ft. range but according to @scrimmy look for the bows up high if want some of them as well. I don't usually target bows we usually get enough when just trolling for walleye but none today. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks