A breezy morning off Port Stanley!!๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I decided to drop in at the Port Stanley boat ramp area first,(without my boat), before visiting my daughter who lives close by from there. To my surprise,the port stanley pier is now open 7E9FAB80-60A1-4766-BFD7-06F10D7FC37A.jpeg & it was a great walk right to the end of the pier,E914517A-C090-4672-B209-C0822BB6225E.jpeg but also to my surprise,๐Ÿ˜ฑ ๐Ÿ˜there was no @Trevor M perch fishing there!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜— lol ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰ Likely,because he likes the port Bruce pier,and thhe port stanley pier does not allow NO fishing D070AE81-88D0-4E6F-B36C-20C1DADB8EEB.jpeg off of it,like at some of the other pierโ€™s,(port bruce,etc.,),on Lake Erie.๐Ÿฅบ Some of the anglerโ€™s that I had talked to this morning,had some success catching walleyeโ€™s,but they ended up coming in early off the lake,CBE39806-A6C7-40E5-9723-FEDE0FF3BF6A.jpeg due to the 3 foot waves ๐ŸŒŠ in around 70 feet of water where they were fishing.The parking lot was โ€œpackedโ€ with vehicles/boat trailerโ€™s as well,and more vehicleโ€™s/boat trailerโ€™s were arriving ๐Ÿ˜ฑ as I was leaving port stanley.๐Ÿ˜ณ26703CE2-B093-46E5-A0CF-04695B937005.jpeg I will wait for a calmer lake to be fishing on off one of the many other portโ€™s on Lake Erie. Have a amazing day to you All & tight lines & be safe!! 0F2D0F04-299C-44F8-9689-3273FC5499C2.jpeg ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

Attachments

• 749DC1BE-B690-464F-A840-392074C03415.jpeg
    749DC1BE-B690-464F-A840-392074C03415.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I decided to drop in at the Port Stanley boat ramp area first,(without my boat), before visiting my daughter who lives close by from there. To my surprise,the port stanley pier is now open View attachment 45540 & it was a great walk right to the end of the pier,View attachment 45541 but also to my surprise,๐Ÿ˜ฑ ๐Ÿ˜there was no @Trevor M perch fishing there!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜— lol ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰ Likely,because he likes the port Bruce pier,and thhe port stanley pier does not allow NO fishing View attachment 45542 off of it,like at some of the other pierโ€™s,(port bruce,etc.,),on Lake Erie.๐Ÿฅบ Some of the anglerโ€™s that I had talked to this morning,had some success catching walleyeโ€™s,but they ended up coming in early off the lake,View attachment 45543 due to the 3 foot waves ๐ŸŒŠ in around 70 feet of water where they were fishing.The parking lot was โ€œpackedโ€ with vehicles/boat trailerโ€™s as well,and more vehicleโ€™s/boat trailerโ€™s were arriving ๐Ÿ˜ฑ as I was leaving port stanley.๐Ÿ˜ณView attachment 45544 I will wait for a calmer lake to be fishing on off one of the many other portโ€™s on Lake Erie. Have a amazing day to you All & tight lines & be safe!! View attachment 45545 ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
Yeah you won't see me fishing in Pt Stanley unless someone has invited me to go out with them in their boat, but today you won't see me fishin anywhere. I have laundry to do among the many other things I don't really wanna be doing today :rolleyes::LOL:

If you happen to make your way down to Pt Bruce tomorrow to try for a few catfish tho Red, I'll be there bright and early at the crack of stupid o'clock. Planning to go as often as the gas tank will allow me to go this week, so in addition to tomorrow, I'm planning to be there Tuesday, possibly Wednesday and maybe Friday as well.

Where is your McCafe? uncle red๐Ÿ‘
lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Fishboss !! and good eyes ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š I was going to stop to buy a McCafe for my trip yesterday to Port Stanley and Rondeau Provincial Park,(fishing),with my daughter but I had already had enough coffee at home.โ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‰ Here is a photo of me taken back last June,2021,while I am holding a McCafe coffee,and also while I am wearing my favourite colour. ๐Ÿ˜— lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ Disregard the โ€œBlueโ€ colour on this shirt!! lol ๐Ÿ˜ I couldnโ€™t find my all colour red shirt that morning. lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™‚ I hope that this photo will do for now. lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š I hope to meet up with you soon,maybe through this week. I will notify you first & have a amazing day my friend!! Regards,uncle red ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• 57B3EC6F-7B28-4C60-BC53-0B1C88D8DF6E.jpeg
    57B3EC6F-7B28-4C60-BC53-0B1C88D8DF6E.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
If you happen to make your way down to Pt Bruce tomorrow to try for a few catfish tho Red, I'll be there bright and early at the crack of stupid o'clock. Planning to go as often as the gas tank will allow me to go this week, so in addition to tomorrow, I'm planning to be there Tuesday, possibly Wednesday and maybe Friday as well.
Sounds good @Trevor M ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š and this week could be a good possibility for me and maybe my daughter as well,to be fishing Port Bruce. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Thats more like it uncle red ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚ glad you got out fishing ๐Ÿ‘Š catch anything? If you end up meeting with @Trevor M this week, than I'm pretty sure it should work for me as well to give you your blue.... I mean red lure๐Ÿคฃ have a great day sir๐Ÿ‘Š

Thats more like it uncle red ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚ glad you got out fishing ๐Ÿ‘Š catch anything? If you end up meeting with @Trevor M this week, than I'm pretty sure it should work for me as well to give you your blue.... I mean red lure๐Ÿคฃ have a great day sir๐Ÿ‘Š
Just fishing from shore @Fishboss on Rondeau Bay with my daughter and a lot of fun,with lots of small fish caught. I think I found out where the โ€œtrophyโ€ perch are!! BB2F5924-C9A4-43B9-9000-39D474D029F4.jpeg lol ๐Ÿ˜† I hope ๐Ÿคž to meet up with you this week & I will pm you first. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• 4E35FF85-C5BB-478F-8579-55E1558351B4.jpeg
    4E35FF85-C5BB-478F-8579-55E1558351B4.jpeg
    476.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 549A17B9-4AE0-4228-BFAE-0D0C3C41313F.jpeg
    549A17B9-4AE0-4228-BFAE-0D0C3C41313F.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 27
Just fishing from shore @Fishboss on Rondeau Bay with my daughter and a lot of fun,with lots of small fish caught. I think I found out where the โ€œtrophyโ€ perch are!! View attachment 45685 lol ๐Ÿ˜† I hope ๐Ÿคž to meet up with you this week & I will pm you first. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
First of those are Jumbo's๐Ÿ˜œ looks like some good quality father and daughter time๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘ haven't seen trophy perch like that since ice fishing the bay๐Ÿ˜‚ I been googling tons of lure sites last few days found some that I think would be great for perch fishing thru the ice๐Ÿ‘

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210719_084544.jpg
    Screenshot_20210719_084544.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 7
I decided to drop in at the Port Stanley boat ramp area first,(without my boat), before visiting my daughter who lives close by from there. To my surprise,the port stanley pier is now open View attachment 45540 & it was a great walk right to the end of the pier,View attachment 45541 but also to my surprise,๐Ÿ˜ฑ ๐Ÿ˜there was no @Trevor M perch fishing there!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜— lol ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰ Likely,because he likes the port Bruce pier,and thhe port stanley pier does not allow NO fishing View attachment 45542 off of it,like at some of the other pierโ€™s,(port bruce,etc.,),on Lake Erie.๐Ÿฅบ Some of the anglerโ€™s that I had talked to this morning,had some success catching walleyeโ€™s,but they ended up coming in early off the lake,View attachment 45543 due to the 3 foot waves ๐ŸŒŠ in around 70 feet of water where they were fishing.The parking lot was โ€œpackedโ€ with vehicles/boat trailerโ€™s as well,and more vehicleโ€™s/boat trailerโ€™s were arriving ๐Ÿ˜ฑ as I was leaving port stanley.๐Ÿ˜ณView attachment 45544 I will wait for a calmer lake to be fishing on off one of the many other portโ€™s on Lake Erie. Have a amazing day to you All & tight lines & be safe!! View attachment 45545 ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
Sad you can't fish that pier anymore.uhg

Sad you can't fish that pier anymore.uhg
Sad!! ๐Ÿ™ is right!! @dave w A lot of great fishing was done off the Port Stanley pier by myself and many ours,before they closed it off to,Fishing!! At the end of the Port Stanley pier,it was one of my favourite places to go fishing there. Sad!! Very!! Sad!! That it has been closed!! ๐ŸŽฃ ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Attachments

• E68A1320-C870-4FED-A4A4-6109B3BF5DE2.jpeg
    E68A1320-C870-4FED-A4A4-6109B3BF5DE2.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 0
First of those are Jumbo's๐Ÿ˜œ looks like some good quality father and daughter time๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘ haven't seen trophy perch like that since ice fishing the bay๐Ÿ˜‚ I been googling tons of lure sites last few days found some that I think would be great for perch fishing thru the ice๐Ÿ‘
It definitely was as always @Fishboss for some good quality time with father and daughter,especially when we are fishing!! ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿฅฐ My daughter and I will be fishing for catfish sometime this week in Port Bruce,๐Ÿ˜‰ and then on Lake Erie for some walleyeโ€™s and hopefully to catch some rainbowโ€™s as well.Going Fishing with her father,(since she was 6 months old),has been such a great,โ€bondingโ€ sport!! ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸฅฐThose are some excellent looking perch lureโ€™s as well @Fishboss and the perch will love them!! ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• 521FBA99-62A2-4125-B940-3630AA4A9CA8.jpeg
    521FBA99-62A2-4125-B940-3630AA4A9CA8.jpeg
    563.2 KB · Views: 26
lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Fishboss !! and good eyes ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š I was going to stop to buy a McCafe for my trip yesterday to Port Stanley and Rondeau Provincial Park,(fishing),with my daughter but I had already had enough coffee at home.โ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‰ Here is a photo of me taken back last June,2021,while I am holding a McCafe coffee,and also while I am wearing my favourite colour. ๐Ÿ˜— lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ Disregard the โ€œBlueโ€ colour on this shirt!! lol ๐Ÿ˜ I couldnโ€™t find my all colour red shirt that morning. lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™‚ I hope that this photo will do for now. lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š I hope to meet up with you soon,maybe through this week. I will notify you first & have a amazing day my friend!! Regards,uncle red ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
@Fishboss a pm was send to you just now. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

@Trevor M a pm was send to you just now. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Sad!! ๐Ÿ™ is right!! @dave w A lot of great fishing was done off the Port Stanley pier by myself and many ours,before they closed it off to,Fishing!! At the end of the Port Stanley pier,it was one of my favourite places to go fishing there. Sad!! Very!! Sad!! That it has been closed!! ๐ŸŽฃ ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘Ž
We used to fish the very end and smash jumbos. We could get fish all summer most times.
Does anyone ever anchor just off the end and try?

We used to fish the very end and smash jumbos. We could get fish all summer most times.
Does anyone ever anchor just off the end and try?
For sure @DaveJ there should be jumbo perch there,๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘ but I have never seen anyone ever anchored there at the end of the port stanley pier to try to catch jumbo perch,and I canโ€™t see why the jumbo perch wouldnโ€™t be there,and maybe itโ€™s worth a try!! ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• D62AAD54-C1B2-4640-85C9-E71352F13538.jpeg
    D62AAD54-C1B2-4640-85C9-E71352F13538.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 7
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks