Glasgow was HOT!!

Josh Roelofsen

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Ended up solo this morning as my buddy slept through his alarm 🙄 Launched kinda late and stopped in 39' to set up and troll out. First two attempts to set a dipsey were interrupted by fish before I had 80' of line out. Finally got one rod set up and matched that program on the other side. Trolled out to 50ish and had 8 in boat, turned around and trolled back to 42' and worked east west for a couple hours picking off steady fish. Lost count around 20 and the dipseys quieted down. Noticed the waves started to subside and I switched to a 7 colour with blue/silver RRF and an orange pro king on the rigger at 40' with a slider. Turned south, cranked up the speed and trolled out to 70'. Couldn't keep them off the RRF. Few on the spoon at 40' but couldn't buy a Bow....over 30 eyes in the boat and kept 6 bigger ones. Pulled the plug at 1pm as the wind started to pickup. A few pics....
IMG_20210718_143254.jpgIMG_20210718_143323.jpgIMG_20210718_143350.jpgIMG_20210718_143416.jpgIMG_20210718_143443.jpgIMG_20210718_143554.jpgIMG_20210718_143644.jpgIMG_20210718_143503.jpgIMG_20210718_143711.jpg

Josh

Ended up solo this morning as my buddy slept through his alarm 🙄 Launched kinda late and stopped in 39' to set up and troll out. First two attempts to set a dipsey were interrupted by fish before I had 80' of line out. Finally got one rod set up and matched that program on the other side. Trolled out to 50ish and had 8 in boat, turned around and trolled back to 42' and worked east west for a couple hours picking off steady fish. Lost count around 20 and the dipseys quieted down. Noticed the waves started to subside and I switched to a 7 colour with blue/silver RRF and an orange pro king on the rigger at 40' with a slider. Turned south, cranked up the speed and trolled out to 70'. Couldn't keep them off the RRF. Few on the spoon at 40' but couldn't buy a Bow....over 30 eyes in the boat and kept 6 bigger ones. Pulled the plug at 1pm as the wind started to pickup. A few pics....
View attachment 45571View attachment 45572View attachment 45573View attachment 45574View attachment 45575View attachment 45576View attachment 45577View attachment 45578View attachment 45579

Josh
That was a good weekend for you! Great photos of the lure, and fish

Thanks! Not bad for a backup plan 😄 Was planning on spending a couple days on the French river but after 12 straight 12hr shifts I needed some sleep Friday instead of packing....maybe get up there next week.....headed home for a fire, fry and alot of Vodka now 😁

Josh

Good yield and a nice lake. Ya killed it Josh! Good on ya! Thanks for the detailed report.

Way to put a beat down on them @Josh Roelofsen. I contemplated starting in the 50' but figured since it wasn't too bad out first thing this morning I'd start in 65'. Unfortunately all my RRF's and other shallow divers are at a friend of mines place otherwise i definitely would've been running them on at least one rod but I definitely can't complain as the program I ran definitely still produced well enough for me

They were definitely stacked from 40-50' just in that slightly tinged water. Further out seemed like they were slightly more scattered but still marked a ton of fish at all depths. Only one sheep in the mix too.....poked around shallower in the way in and found what I think was good numbers of perch in 35ish feet just beyond the chocolate.

Josh

I have to go further west next time.
I prefer to fish Stanley this time of year, simply because it's closest. The only reason I chose Glasgow was the winds looked iffy offshore and good fishing can generally be had in tighter than Stanley. Seems like the fish are well spread out now. I'm hearing plenty of really good reports from Erieau all the way to Burwell.....Limits are available at every port, just have to get on some active fish. Trust your electronics, fish with confidence and don't be afraid to break away from the pack and try different things until something clicks.

Josh

Thanks! Not bad for a backup plan 😄 Was planning on spending a couple days on the French river but after 12 straight 12hr shifts I needed some sleep Friday instead of packing....maybe get up there next week.....headed home for a fire, fry and alot of Vodka now 😁

Josh

Josh
I would definitely make the time for the French River! I have fish there many times, for our fall, work trip. Always on the lower French. Just a beautiful place! And we always caught fish

Anyone know the name of this one? Orange to green fade and it's got a chartruese back......thought it was a Streak but can't find it on their colour charts.
Screenshot_20210718-185632_Gallery.jpg

Found it 😁 It's a Michigan Stinger called Firecracker....not sure where I picked that one up but I will be trying to find a few more... Screenshot_20210718-193816_Samsung Internet.jpg

Anyone know the name of this one? Orange to green fade and it's got a chartruese back......thought it was a Streak but can't find it on their colour charts.
View attachment 45626
I think that’s an old “silver streak bloody nose”?

edit: is that SS stamped on the bottom of the lure? It looks like it. Looks like a “bloody nose” to me but haven’t seen one for a while

View attachment 45571View attachment 45572View attachment 45573View attachment 45574View attachment 45575View attachment 45576View attachment 45577View attachment 45578View attachment 45579

Josh
Great day @Joshroelofson

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks