Rainbow cleaning.

Bernie GAble

How does everyone else clean their rainbows???

Fillet?...just gut???

Top are for supper, fileted and y bones pulled out bottom for the cold smoker skin left on during the smoke and removed after, along with the bloodline, any brown flesh, and bones. If I am doing a shore lunch I will zipper the y bones, too much work to pull em out

Attachments

• 20210619_141725.jpg
    20210619_141725.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 15
My holiday starts the weekend before so I’ll be trolling the lake all week, the weather forecast is going to be perfect then we have the campsite to finish the week off 👍

My holiday starts the weekend before so I’ll be trolling the lake all week, the weather forecast is going to be perfect then we have the campsite to finish the week off 👍
She was initially going to take that week off but one of my cousins is getting married in the states and we were supposed to be going, but with the uncertainty around the border and what her employer will require if she was to cross, when they extended the closure again last month, we let her know we wouldn't be able to make it, so I'm trying to come up with something else for us to do that week now. She's never been to Marineland so that's an idea, might be a bad idea, but it's an idea :ROFLMAO:

She was initially going to take that week off but one of my cousins is getting married in the states and we were supposed to be going, but with the uncertainty around the border and what her employer will require if she was to cross, when they extended the closure again last month, we let her know we wouldn't be able to make it, so I'm trying to come up with something else for us to do that week now. She's never been to Marineland so that's an idea, might be a bad idea, but it's an idea :ROFLMAO:
I haven’t been to Marineland in a long time I couldn’t comment lol

How does everyone else clean their rainbows???

Fillet?...just gut???
Depends on 1) How big it is 2) how I intend to cook it. 3) how lazy I'm feeling.

Smaller ones I usually just fillet and take out the y bones unless I'm feeling lazy. If it's bigger than 5lbs I usually just steak it and if I'm feeling really lazy, I take off the head and gut it, then score it, wrap it in greased tin foil with all the necessary seasonings and throw it on the BBQ

Back