Fishing Report Monday June 14/21

Way She Goes

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got down to Burwell for the first time this season. Wasn't expecting much, just launch the boat and see how it runs. Left the dock at noon and back at 3:30. Went 3 for 4 on Pickerel and 2 for 5 on Bows. One busted the treble hook right off the brand new spoon I got from GLS. It was out of the water before I could get the rod out of the holder jumping around trying to give the hook back. Great working spoons today. Went straight out to 59 feet and circle around a couple waypoints I have. All dipseys fired settings #1 60 and 80 feet, and #3 130 and 100 feet. Going to have to tune in the new Lowrance wouldn't read bottom while on plane. Winds came up around 2:30 and called it quits for today. Pink panties, purple boxer, and 2 purple green Walleye, were the spoons today. Never changed.
One thing we noticed on the way in. Ontario must have to much electricity. Not one fan was turning today.

Got down to Burwell for the first time this season. Wasn't expecting much, just launch the boat and see how it runs. Left the dock at noon and back at 3:30. Went 3 for 4 on Pickerel and 2 for 5 on Bows. One busted the treble hook right off the brand new spoon I got from GLS. It was out of the water before I could get the rod out of the holder jumping around trying to give the hook back. Great working spoons today. Went straight out to 59 feet and circle around a couple waypoints I have. All dipseys fired settings #1 60 and 80 feet, and #3 130 and 100 feet. Going to have to tune in the new Lowrance wouldn't read bottom while on plane. Winds came up around 2:30 and called it quits for today. Pink panties, purple boxer, and 2 purple green Walleye, were the spoons today. Never changed.
One thing we noticed on the way in. Ontario must have to much electricity. Not one fan was turning today.
Congrats @Way She Goes 👍👍 on your first time out this year out of Port Burwell,and that is pretty good fishing for a few hour’s. It looks like that we all should have a great season of fishing coming up. Tight lines & walleye’s & rainbow’s ON!! to All!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Wasn't the hook that broke, it pulled out of the split ring. Iam thinking it was a tension issue. But when we seen it jump out of the water behind us. It was big, really big.

Do you add split rings to spoons that don’t come with one?

Do you add split rings to spoons that don’t come with one?
Where you attach it to the snap swivel at the front no
Only where the hook attach to the spoon
If the spoon comes with the split ring at the front I do leave it on but never had one fail
I had ligth weigh flutter spoons crack / brake where hook attach at the back but that spoon was used a lot for example the evil eye spoon is very thin we got 2 rainbow on it last Sunday on lake Ontario it got twisted and bent to 💩 but it can be reformed back into shape , well somewhat

Nice fishing, hope to get out on Sunday, weather permitting

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks