Fishing Report Perch,pike & a musky

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Last minute decision to go try gather some meat before the big winds & rain led us to grab some minnows at Lake Erie bait&tackle and head out of Turkey point in search of pottohawk perch. Graph was at last showing a little bit of weeds growth in the area so we dropped the anchor in 12fow hoping the perch were also starting to sprout as well. Mins after the anchor took a bite we were in the fish for the next 2 hrs strait. Gobs of small 6-8" fish to keep busy with. Countless doubles and double header doubles. Gobs of small fish! After sorting through enough fish to make your hand look like you been washing dishes for hrs we had a nice basket of perch. All in 8-10" range. Only 1 perch over 10". Unlike last outing these perch were also feeding on super small micro feed like the perch at bluffs last week. Mainly small snails. Snails no bigger the the eye of the minnows being used.

With a good hr of light left we decided pull some pike gear in the area.."If the perch are here so should be the pike".
One 30.5" pike right away on first pass. On a slow turn to make a heading back to Turkey planner board goes down like a bobber and line is peeling off the reel fast. Straiten the boat up for the fight, Buddy hands the rod of to his son "here! Get cranking! I look passed the planner to see a big red tail for a split second but didn't say anything. Didn't want the young fella to get more excited then he already was. The boy gets him to the back of the boat and the father gets it the net,briefly! Then he proceeds to try re-net the fish while 1 hook is in the fish and the other In the net! What a F-n show that was! Lol!! classic charter captain move from what I have heard.20210527_203251.jpg I can't say much for I have also used that legendary netting technique In a time of urgency. Lol. Took a measurement (39inch) and released the big toothy after a short reviveLindy musk.jpg.
Picked up 1 more pike (18") on the way in. Couldnt ask for better 3hrs fishing
Water temp was 60° along point. 3.5mph trolling speed.

Last minute decision to go try gather some meat before the big winds & rain led us to grab some minnows at Lake Erie bait&tackle and head out of Turkey point in search of pottohawk perch. Graph was at last showing a little bit of weeds growth in the area so we dropped the anchor in 12fow hoping the perch were also starting to sprout as well. Mins after the anchor took a bite we were in the fish for the next 2 hrs strait. Gobs of small 6-8" fish to keep busy with. Countless doubles and double header doubles. Gobs of small fish! After sorting through enough fish to make your hand look like you been washing dishes for hrs we had a nice basket of perch. All in 8-10" range. Only 1 perch over 10". Unlike last outing these perch were also feeding on super small micro feed like the perch at bluffs last week. Mainly small snails. Snails no bigger the the eye of the minnows being used.

With a good hr of light left we decided pull some pike gear in the area.."If the perch are here so should be the pike".
One 30.5" pike right away on first pass. On a slow turn to make a heading back to Turkey planner board goes down like a bobber and line is peeling off the reel fast. Straiten the boat up for the fight, Buddy hands the rod of to his son "here! Get cranking! I look passed the planner to see a big red tail for a split second but didn't say anything. Didn't want the young fella to get more excited then he already was. The boy gets him to the back of the boat and the father gets it the net,briefly! Then he proceeds to try re-net the fish while 1 hook is in the fish and the other In the net! What a F-n show that was! Lol!! classic charter captain move from what I have heard.View attachment 42324 I can't say much for I have also used that legendary netting technique In a time of urgency. Lol. Took a measurement (39inch) and released the big toothy after a short reviveView attachment 42325.
Picked up 1 more pike (18") on the way in. Couldnt ask for better 3hrs fishing
Water temp was 60° along point. 3.5mph trolling speed.
Another great post @SIX-GRAND and a Nice muskie!! 👊👊 You can’t beat using those Rattlin Raps for muskies & pike!! Anything with some noise and a good wiggle from those lure’s,to help to “p//s” them 🐟OFF!!” 😤 lol 😆 😉👍🙂

Very nicely done, I’ve been out of commission for a while with cracked ribs, cleaning the boat than my truck than some how landing across my trailer hitch toung 👎
I here ya Jumbojim I also am dealing with a cracked rib hard to breath sleeping in a chair and wanting to fish been only a week so might be a while yet same deal cleaning my boat lol(n)

Very nicely done, I’ve been out of commission for a while with cracked ribs, cleaning the boat than my truck than some how landing across my trailer hitch toung 👎
Sad ☹️ to read @Jumbojim !! I/we were wondering why you weren’t posting fishing report’s lately. Those “DARN!!” trailer hitch tongues!! 😡👎👎 I always take my trailer hitch off,if I am not trailering my boat anytime soon. Here’s hoping that you will recover real soon from your injury,because those pike & perch & the bass,(once the bass season opens),need to be fed!! 😱🐟🐟🐟Tight lines and Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 36C88160-199A-4EF8-A35C-FCE82A0E1D07.jpeg
    36C88160-199A-4EF8-A35C-FCE82A0E1D07.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 39DA24E1-FF8D-4101-B3DD-FA7759F5D30F.jpeg
    39DA24E1-FF8D-4101-B3DD-FA7759F5D30F.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 41
Sad ☹️ to read @Jumbojim !! I/we were wondering why you weren’t posting fishing report’s lately. Those “DARN!!” trailer hitch tongues!! 😡👎👎 I always take my trailer hitch off,if I am not trailering my boat anytime soon. Here’s hoping that you will recover real soon from your injury,because those pike & perch & the bass,(once the bass season opens),need to be fed!! 😱🐟🐟🐟Tight lines and Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂
I never used to take mine off when not in use. until it went missing one day
Sometimes I wonder if someone whacked there shin off it and stole it out of spite or if there’s actually low lives out there looking to steal them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks