Fishing Report late afternoon Glasgow

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
May 27 2020 Glasgow 002.JPG

got out after 3 pm on a nice light SW & fished rainbows running spoons up high..45 to 55+ fow.. water clarity looked good ..surface temp fluctuated from 54 out further to 56 degrees..
packed the spoons in after a good go.. while finding a nice patch of a bit warmer 58+ surface temp over 58 fow and started fishin walleyes..took a matter of just a few minutes to hook up ..runnin a new reef runner goby pattern on the flatline..with my ML spinning rod.. ..fished that area for another 40 minutes and then the wind started gusting hard out of the north..those shoreline turbines were ripping..
ya I packed it in quick and made the very bumpy journey back to port..

windfinder was dead on accurate for that north wind to really pick up quick before 6 pm.
that fishing window inbetween yesterdays 2 cold fronts..was ok to go ...water clarity was good ..but water temps were mixed..and a couple dead surface smelt and only 1 seagull...marked a few fish..they looked like typical white bass down 20 to 22 feet..

looking forward to fishin another spot next week on nice marine weather..

Last edited:
View attachment 42313

got out after 3 pm on a nice light SW & fished rainbows running spoons up high..45 to 55+ fow.. water clarity looked good ..surface temp fluctuated from 54 out further to 56 degrees..
packed the spoons in after a good go.. while finding a nice patch of a bit warmer 58+ surface temp over 58 fow and started fishin walleyes..took a matter of just a few minutes to hook up ..runnin a new reef runner goby pattern on the flatline..with my ML spinning rod.. ..fished that area for another 40 minutes and then the wind started gusting hard out of the north..those shoreline turbines were ripping..
ya I packed it in quick and made the very bumpy journey back to port..

windfinder was dead on accurate for that north wind to really pick up quick before 6 pm.
that fishing window inbetween yesterdays 2 cold fronts..was ok to go ...water clarity was good ..but water temps were mixed..and a couple dead surface smelt and only 1 seagull...marked a few fish..they looked like typical white bass down 20 to 22 feet..

looking forward to fishin another spot next week on nice marine weather..
Well done @mick 👍👍 and it’s good to know that you got back safe to shore!! Tight Lines and many more walleye’s on for you and other’s,to the rest of this young season and beyond in the Central Basin of Lake Erie!! 🚤🎣👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks