Just a simple question

Stick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I understand that some of the members here can't physically fish easily other than in a boat or at a pier or park but what is stopping you from going somewhere to wet a line? I myself have been having more difficulty the last little while do to knee and back/ shoulder pain but on a few good days I still get out if even just for a few hours. Hell, I continually run into an old friend in his mid 70s who has been on dialysis for 3 years and has had his kidneys removed and is no where near as strong as he once was but he's still at it.

So I guess my long winded question is, other than physical issues, whether boat launches are open or not, what's stopping you from fishing?

That’s like asking golfers what they’re so upset about, when they can always chip and putt around in their back yards. :D

Nothing is stopping me from fishing - I can hit up any number of rivers, drive to St. Catherines for kings, drive west for walleyes, etc. But if those are being allowed, why not let us do the same locally on the bay?

Yeah it’s a first world problem but we do live in a first world country. The rules are nonsensical.

Not afraid of my wife, but I know better than to ignore the annual spring honey do lists that have been keeping me busy in between watching hockey and baseball, but they're pretty much done now, (at least I think they're almost done.) just a few more things to get done out in the yard that I haven't quite figured out how to get them completed as requested, but I'm working on it. When I get those done every year and she's happy, I get to go fishing pretty much whenever I want (within reason and if I have the gas in the truck to go.)

Forgot to mention it earlier, the other thing that usually keeps me from going fishing, the weather, specifically, the wind.

Last edited:
Not a thing infact ive bin boating half a dozen times or more in the lockdown and bin fishing atleast every weekend this year. But i choose to support anyone standing up in defiance agenst this crazyness

I haven't stop fishing but after yesterday only Lake Trout and Nats It will be awhile now before I go again, Nats drove me crazy
Lots of Lake Trout if you want them. Good for the garden I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_3070 (1).jpg
    IMG_3070 (1).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 64261584893__70668BED-30B0-41E0-B5F5-7371852A486C.jpg
    64261584893__70668BED-30B0-41E0-B5F5-7371852A486C.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 64262051975__410DC7C8-80BE-4DC6-B269-E5C747BF6588.jpg
    64262051975__410DC7C8-80BE-4DC6-B269-E5C747BF6588.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks