The Perch are Hungry on Long Point Bay!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

Did better today had grandson out from 8 -2 got 36 for the day 1 in the am then 35 from 1 -2.15. Great day with grandson

Attachments

• 20201108_152423.jpg
    20201108_152423.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 32
Did better today had grandson out from 8 -2 got 36 for the day 1 in the am then 35 from 1 -2.15. Great day with grandson
Congratulations to you @Alby and to your grandson.A good size looking perch that your grandson is holding.It must of been busy with lots of boats out there on long point bay today,because of the light wind & the mild temperature plus being the weekend. Enjoy your perch fry to you both. ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

It was busy here a pic of part of the pacl

Attachments

• 20201108_104625.jpg
    20201108_104625.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 69
We were south east of the pack in 6 1/2 fow. Just stopped to get set up and work our way into the crowd. The fish finder was alive so I dropped the bow mount and hit the anchor lock. Never moved again. Every time you reeled in a fish several others followed it to the surface. Reminded me of late season ice fishing years ago in the same area.

Attachments

• IMG_20201108_201455.jpg
    IMG_20201108_201455.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 51
50 jumbo's in the box so far ๐Ÿ‘ sitting on a huge school of perch, with non stop action!
I Love that camera @Extra Virgin ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰ & thanks for showing the camera to me last saturday.I/we couldnโ€™t believe how many perch were below your boat last saturday were we were anchored & fishing. I need to get me one of those cameras!! For it was fun to watch the action below your boat that day. ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

Not good Erich, only 4 keepers and a lot of dinks. We launched at Old Cut. I couldn't believe the amount of boats out, I last counted was 50 in one area.
We moved all over and made a run to EC10, and Potahawk nothing there.
The bay was like glass.

Sorry u had no luck f.f me and grandson ende up with 36 34 of them came in the last hour. Stait out from booths in 8.3 fow and was to bad we didnt cross paths

We made the trip as well to longpoint Bay for the first time fishing there for perch , we were the first costumers at Erie bait and got 3 generous scoops of perfect size minnows, on the water out of Akers by 8:00 am ,
Find a school of perch in 7 fow the showed interest in our offerings , the bite lasted for an hour ,but only 5 keepers over 9"
Than we moved using the trolling motor towards the east side pack of boats at low speed casting and looking for them , picked up a few here and there with 3 more keepers over 9"
By noon we decided to check the first spot again and found the school of perch still in the same aria
Game on till 4 pm when we packed it in with 25 keepers over 9" and a few hundred the was too small to keep , although a lot of them were close to 7-8 " but did not make the cut , than of course what I call super dinks 3" or less were willing to bite ,
For those who can't get minnows , you must have the plastic bait on hand , the 2" Berkley power bait minnow was getting more fish then the real thing including the keeper size fish and our 2 biggest 11" fish

Attachments

• 20201108_130144.jpg
    20201108_130144.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 40
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks