*UPDATE* 2018 LPBAA Fall Pike Classic SATURDAY OCTOBER 13

I am looking foreword to this event not only because it will be my first but I just heard from my son and he asked if he could join me it’s been many years since we fished together, I know where the old cut livery is so I’ll be boating across the bay in the morning for registration
Good luck to all
Jim

I am looking foreword to this event not only because it will be my first but I just heard from my son and he asked if he could join me it’s been many years since we fished together, I know where the old cut livery is so I’ll be boating across the bay in the morning for registration
Good luck to all
Jim
Hi Jim, see you at the registration table at the Old Cut Marina Office building across the road from the Old Cut Livery. John

Well the prize pool is set. 3rd thru 10th will receive some of these great prizes. Thanks again to our sponsors:
Angling Outfitters
Angling Sports
J&J Aluminum & Vinyl Products
Ryder Farms
Dennis Horseradish
Blizman Farms
Nightingale Farms
Old Cut Marina
Old Cut Livery

Keep an eye out here for further updates.

Jesse63F2C9AA-B6CB-4DD0-830D-11613563C880.jpeg

Good call?? @spilliard1 and @Dotcom. Not that these weather conditions bother me but it’s the safety of others with smaller crafts.
These now means the pike will have an extra week to be even more aggressive and angry?

The long term for next Saturday also calling for bad weather bummer I have a apt to winterized the boat on the 9th any experience boaters think I’ll be good to postpone my apt for another week I have a 60 4 stroke big foot motor I see temperatures showing mild during the nights all next week.

TOURNAMENT DELAYED DUE TO WEATHER. Weather date TBD Oct 13 or 14
Unfortunately, with the forecasts for tomorrow we are going to delay this event to next weekend. We hate making these decisions, but for the safety of everyone participating we fell it necessary to postpone. Thanks for understanding and hope to see everyone out next weekend!!

Hey Everyone. Well its that time of year. The LPBAA Fall Pike Classic will be held Saturday October 6, 2018. This year will be a joint venue between Old Cut Marina & Old Cut Livery. The sign in, launch & weigh in details will be posted after this weekend. We will have the live feed for the weigh in again starting at 2:45pm. It will be at oldcutmarina.ca click on old cut webcam. There will be lots of great prizes again down to 10th. Also draws for free entries to 2019 LPBAA Pike tournaments. Please follow here for updates and news. Attached is the poster and rules.
Thanks
Thanks for the not too good update @spilliard1.But very understandable and safety is always top priority!! On a good note for me is,that it gives me more time to find a partner to fish it,and let’s hope that the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic is a go next weekend,weather permitting. By the way @spilliard1,did Extreme Marine donate any prizes? I could see them personally next week,because they are a lot closer to me then from were you live,just a thought. PM me if you like. ????

Good call?? @spilliard1 and @Dotcom. Not that these weather conditions bother me but it’s the safety of others with smaller crafts.
These now means the pike will have an extra week to be even more aggressive and angry?
The pike will also be a little bigger in size as well @Three Buoys!! ? Maybe I will see you pre-fishing through next week before the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic,and hopefully the weather next weekend will be fishable for all boats of different sizes.Tight Lines & Pike ON!! ?????

The long term for next Saturday also calling for bad weather bummer I have a apt to winterized the boat on the 9th any experience boaters think I’ll be good to postpone my apt for another week I have a 60 4 stroke big foot motor I see temperatures showing mild during the nights all next week.
The weather prediction for next week is still too far away @Jumbojim,the weather will change a hundred times before next weekend,and hopefully for the better!! I personally would cancel your apt to winterize your boat on October 9th.Besides,it would be great to meet up with you in person next week for the Pike Classic,(weather permitting ?),and would you still by chance have that ice spade that you said you made,and that you were going to give to me last winter? No problem if it’s gone,(my fault for not driving down to pick it up),and I was just asking before I buy another ice spade.I hope to see you next weekend,if the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic is going to be on,weather permitting. ????

The weather prediction for next week is still too far away @Jumbojim,the weather will change a hundred times before next weekend,and hopefully for the better!! I personally would cancel your apt to winterize your boat on October 9th.Besides,it would be great to meet up with you in person next week for the Pike Classic,(weather permitting ?),and would you still by chance have that ice spade that you said you made,and that you were going to give to me last winter? No problem if it’s gone,(my fault for not driving down to pick it up),and I was just asking before I buy another ice spade.I hope to see you next weekend,if the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic is going to be on,weather permitting. ????
Yes I do @Red Hering hope to still participate not sure if my son can make it the mrs says she’ll b my partner lol but either way I’ll bring it to the launch so save your money don’t buy a ice chipper yet ?
Cheers

Yes I do @Red Hering hope to still participate not sure if my son can make it the mrs says she’ll b my partner lol but either way I’ll bring it to the launch so save your money don’t buy a ice chipper yet ?
Cheers
Amazing @Jumbojim for still having the ice chipper for me that you built yourself.I have never met you and you saved the ice chipper all of this time since the middle of the ice fishing season last year.I can’t wait to meet you in person,as well as your son or your wife whoever is fishing with you in the Fall Pike Classic,and lets hope the weather will cooperate for the tournament next weekend.But for now,sharpen those pike hooks,and see you/family on the podium!! ???????$$$$ ?

Last edited:
WEATHER DATE TBD THURS NOON. Oct 13? or 14?
We will be making the final decision on the date as per the weather forecast tomorrow at noon. Keep an eye out here for the update.

Unfortunately, with the forecasts for tomorrow we are going to delay this event to next weekend. We hate making these decisions, but for the safety of everyone participating we fell it necessary to postpone. Thanks for understanding and hope to see everyone out next weekend!!

Hey Everyone. Well its that time of year. The LPBAA Fall Pike Classic will be held Saturday October 6, 2018. This year will be a joint venue between Old Cut Marina & Old Cut Livery. The sign in, launch & weigh in details will be posted after this weekend. We will have the live feed for the weigh in again starting at 2:45pm. It will be at oldcutmarina.ca click on old cut webcam. There will be lots of great prizes again down to 10th. Also draws for free entries to 2019 LPBAA Pike tournaments. Please follow here for updates and news. Attached is the poster and rules.
Thanks

Paying tribute to my Dad Norm Haines from Brantford retired police officer and piano tuner who passed away Oct 3rd . He was a pike fishing legend. Fished Lake Erie and Northbay since the 1950s. Got biggest fish several times in the Lake Erie Straitline anglers spring pike tournaments. Hoping to enter the fall pike classic to help ease the pain and knowing thats what he would want. Rest in peace Dad. See you in heaven one day again. Pete Haines

Attachments

• IMG_20181010_184110.jpg
    IMG_20181010_184110.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20181010_184119.jpg
    IMG_20181010_184119.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 53
Paying tribute to my Dad Norm Haines from Brantford retired police officer and piano tuner who passed away Oct 3rd . He was a pike fishing legend. Fished Lake Erie and Northbay since the 1950s. Got biggest fish several times in the Lake Erie Straitline anglers spring pike tournaments. Hoping to enter the fall pike classic to help ease the pain and knowing thats what he would want. Rest in peace Dad. See you in heaven one day again. Pete Haines
I can only imagine the pain. So sorry for your loss

So very sorry @pikehunter for the loss of your dad and my deepest sympathy to you and your family.Lets hope that the tournament is on,and your dad would be proud of you if you won it!! It would be nice to meet you again.Tight Lines & Pike ON!! ????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks