Big Bass Derby Leader Board

Dotcom

At the end of opening day this was the view from the Big Bass Derby Learder board for LM and SM.
The kids derby was awesome too..three kids shared 1st @ 4.5lbs and seven kids shared 2nd sport @ 4lbs. I could take a lesson from these kids. :)
20170624_153723.jpg 20170624_153735.jpg

Thanks for the report @Dotcom There didn't seem to be many boats on the bay this year as compared to other years. We did well fishing on the flats off of LP Company. Three man limit in approx. 3 1/2 hrs.

Thanks for posting the leaderboard. It is great to see the bay bounce back with some better quality fish, it has been awhile since you see 4lb fish from top to bottom of the leaderboard. I believe the high water levels had a lot to do with the better quality fish being caught this year. It kept the bigger smallmouth in the inner bay and let people get to largemouth spots that have not been fished in years. Good luck to everyone fishing. Chris.

IMG_9549.JPG
Thanks for posting the leaderboard. It is great to see the bay bounce back with some better quality fish, it has been awhile since you see 4lb fish from top to bottom of the leaderboard. I believe the high water levels had a lot to do with the better quality fish being caught this year. It kept the bigger smallmouth in the inner bay and let people get to largemouth spots that have not been fished in years. Good luck to everyone fishing. Chris.
Good Point @rocket09. Back in 1986 when I fished the opening of Bass Season held at Marina Shores,the Great Lakes were at their highest level,which made getting into the back of the Marsh a lot easier with a canoe,etc.A photo of my 5.2 lb. Largemouth Bass,which placed me in 2nd place at the Long Point Bay Derby in 1986 on the Opening of Bass Season.Tight Lines,& Bass ON!! (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks