Recent content by sudsee

1. S

Bruce 'Eyes Aug 6

After boat problems, weather and scheduling conflicts, I finally got out with my Dad last night. Different fish finder than I have had all year so we went out with no spots in mind. Ran into some nets straight out and just to the west so we followed them out to the end and set up in 55 fow and...
  2. S

Bruce 'Eyes July 26

Trolled from 730 until around 1pm and were all over depth out to well over 60 then back into 50'. Tried spoons, body baits, lead and long lines. Long day for one Walleye in 55 fow. It was caught off of a Purple Clown Fish deep diver on braid with floro leader behind an offshore inline planer...
  3. S

Bruce 'Eyes July 23

Went out last night to redeem ourselves from a dismal start to the season so far. Battled the waves and ended up with 2 nice walleye and 2 knock-offs in a few hours. 3 bass and a farm animal to throw back to keep it interesting. One rod did all the damage on walleye. Braid to an orange and...
  4. S

Large Perch Charters in July

Update to this post. We had a great time out with @greenwing on Saturday. The fishing was a bit slow but we all had fun.
  5. S

comments for the lead core tuff line and the micro tuff line

the micro fits on a reel a lot nicer and kinks less in my opinion. It is supposed to sink faster than the larger lead.
  6. S

Walleye Spoons??

Lambeth Rod and tackle is great. Really nice guy. Usually has all the stories on what is hot and better prices than most places. There is Angling sports in London, on Highbury. They have lots of selection as well but I really don't like dealing with the people there.
  7. S

In-line weights for long lines

Picked up some in-line/slip weights not sure exactly what you call them but when you catch a fish they trip and slide down to the fish. Remember using them when I was a kid with my Dad. Anybody have experience with them on braid? My initial thought is that the line will be too thin. My next...
  8. S

Port Bruce today

Anybody out a bit farther today at Bruce? In close it is calm but it is windy so wondering about 50-55ft area what it looks like. Thanks
  9. S

Shopping online for reels

@monty smith you only had one when I was there last but I can check it out again. Happy to support local sometimes the deals just can't be beat. I know what I want I have several of them and they are within my price range. Thanks for the help guys.
  10. S

Shopping online for reels

I am looking for two new smaller trolling reels for flat-lining braid. Does anybody have any favourite online sites that they like to shop from. I am thinking the convectors in the 20 series as that's what I have for my other rods in a bigger size with leadcore. Thanks
  11. S

Yes thank you woodsman for your non-contribution. I have never been on a charter that has not offered or allowed alcohol if they have the proper boat specs. Thanks to all that did give me contacts both here and in PM's I will be contacting them shortly. Any other charter operator ideas are...
  12. S

Hello Everyone, I am looking for a charter for perch that will hold 12 people at once. Due to mobility reasons of some we need to get in boat from a dock and not the water. It is for a stag party so it will be a fairly light hearted group. Must allow a few beverages to be consumed. Interested...
  13. S

4-wheeler safe at Bear Pt. or Big Bay

Ok thanks
  14. S

Fair enough. Maybe check it out on foot this time myself. Thanks.
  15. S

Hi Guys just wondering if it I possible to get a four wheeler out at Bear Pt or Big Bay or is it walking only. Want to make sure it is safe as I haven`t been in the area before. Pulling a two person clam flip over and two people. Also going to spend some money on tackle today. What is your...
Back