Recent content by smally21

1. S

paper charts

local knowledge is placing way too much discretionary power in the officer's hands. who decides what is sufficient local knowledge? a giant paper chart flapping in the wind on your bass boat, without a compass and the ability to read and chart from the compass rose is next to useless. that...
  2. S

EC 6 Muskie

WHAT!!!!I had no idea. congrats man!
  3. S

Exotic Animals Loose in Ohio

are they sure it was a suicide - that giraffe looks like he has something to hide.....
  4. S

Long Point Perch?

friday fishing was slow from ec10-ec6 great weather caught about 60 took home about 20 - minnows and shrimps working ok
  5. S

Buyer Beware

sure its possible the previous owner didn't know but i doubt it. likely a survey would not have spotted it (and i wouldn;t survey a 4500$ boat anyway). even if you had had a sea trial the owner would just put a few litres in to go for a rip. the only way to have noticed this if you can't see the...
  6. S

Long Point Perch?

i ahven't been out this week, but it was good last week, lots of little guys around EC10, but some biggies thrown in. liked the little minnows. i think you can't fail out there right now. we'll be there tomorrow am weather looks good..
  7. S

perch on purpose

ill take small minnows anyday. a small perch is still going to go after a big minnow, its how they are wired. the amount of throwbacks is remarkable right now, we went almost 40 straight without a keeper. i dont think an extra inch of minnow is going to change the demographics...would be great...
  8. S

Which wind forecast should I believe?

i use this gov site. http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/forecast_e.html?mapID=11&siteID=07503 then i get home from fishing and look at 'last 24 hours' and see how accurate it was, and educate myself on what is fishable and what is not. for example, i was on the bay yesterday for 5 hours, the...
  9. S

inner bay perch

wednesday 9-1 pm around ec10 picked up lots of little guys. was never 'crazy' but steady. started off went 40 dinks without a keeper! did get a few biggies one over 14". little minnows from hwy 24 were working well. very generous with the scoops thank you! rain held off til early afternoon. the...
  10. S

Advice for smaller boat on Long Point Bay

locals may have a better idea but i find it quicker to launch from the st. williams or port rowan area (if that is where you are coming from) - it takes longer to drive the truck around the point than it does to drive the boat out.... for me - port rowan is usually my choice coming off of...
  11. S

Pt Dover bass

wouldn't be my first choice, though they are there. you're better off out of port maitland at the shoal, or anywhere in longpoint bay or pottohawk. a little vague but the bass at port dover are just there in the numbers they would be anywhere in erie,but much more plentiful at the places i...
  12. S

Lack of real info

i caught WAY more fish before the internet came along. in fact, at 12 years old in a cedar rib canoe i caught piles of fish, all on a 6 foot daiwa spincaster with 3 yr old mono and a cinder block for an anchor. some 40K later im scratching my head...... ill be out friday so if any of you want...
  13. S

Lack of real info

i feel yer pain but disagree with your post. i have also found advice on the forums to be a day late and a dollar short. frustrating to read about boatloads of fish being caught and then i show up and its dry as dust. and i can tell ya ive fished in a pack of boats, watched NO ONE catch a thing...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks