Recent content by erienewbie

1. E

Bronte Madness

Hey spawnedout, do you fish from the shore or from a boat? Are the salmon bright and silver? (They were bass-coloured in the Bronte even though they were just two miles from the lake.)
  2. E

Bronte Madness

I forgot to add that the 6-8 pound sockeye in the Russian will explode out of a pool and rocket downstream in a reel-screaming rush. Not so the Bronte. I used break off nearly half the fish I hooked when I used 20 pound test below my flyline so I switched to 25 pound test. Fishing the Bronte is...
  3. E

Bronte Madness

I’ve fished sockeye salmon in Alaska’s Russian River for most of the past 20 years and have never gone after a Lake Ontario salmon - til this past Sunday when I decided to try out Bronte Creek. I found that much of the creek is less than a foot deep. The few two-feet deep pools that did hold...
  4. E

perch on purpose

It’s good to hear, sort of, that what I experienced the other day is "normal." But if bigger minnows isn’t the answer is there something I can do to improve my odds of getting more bigger fish? Like, fish outside the bay? Or fish at another time of year? Or what? Oh, by the way, after I caught...
  5. E

perch on purpose

Yeah, I go with the big bait, big fish theory in this case. Anyone know where to get bigger minnows close to the lake and LPB in p#817;articular?
  6. E

perch on purpose

So, armed with my knowledge about perching gained from this site, I went out yesterday to EC10 with my nephew and a scoop of Hiway 24 minnows. I anchored and rigged up as was suggested and we started pulling in the perch by the dozens. Trouble is they weren't much bigger than the minnows. We...
  7. E

Which wind forecast should I believe?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've studied them a bit and from now on I will look at [url=http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/lake_erie_long_point]http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/lake_erie_long_point first because it's got more information and is easier to read over a time span. How...
  8. E

Which wind forecast should I believe?

The weather link at the top of this page has some great stuff attached but there is a big difference in the wind forecast on two sites: The one listed as Erie Windcast by intellicast.com has a map which I read to say has a forecast of a southwest 5 knot wind for six o’clock today. The...
  9. E

perch on purpose

Cooler and ice - got it. Thanks.
  10. E

perch on purpose

Up to now, I've never caught perch on purpose. On canoe trips to Algonquin I'd catch them while chasing speckles and, annoyed, immediately throw them back. Now that I have a small boat and motor and can fish Long Point Bay, I am going after them, so far unsuccessfully. I went out to LPB this...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks