Fishing Report Colchester - May 21, Sunday

m1dn

Very quiet, not as many boats as usual.

Started 18-25 as 2 weeks before and found no fish on radar, moved out to 30-32, saw few boats in that area.

Deeper also veeeerry few markings, found 3 fish in 4h, 2 of these were tiny, released.

Tried all sorts of bandit colors and depths, all 3 hit yellow/orange-ish.

Think it might be time to try hitting Leamington next week and see how it’s out there

I will leave the destination in the morning up to my youngest son and his buddy Bob. Leamington or Colchester.
A great plan @scrimmy 👍 and hopefully 🤞 Tight Lines,to you and your youngest son and his buddy Bob,off either Leamington,or Colchester tomorrow morning. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

We never made it to Leamington Sat..cancelled due to winds. Still sounded like Steve was getting good fish..post spawn dropbacks are showing up.

Well it is now 4:30 and I just made it home. The boys decided they wanted to go to Leamington instead of Colchester and because I don't let them smoke in my truck they decided to meet me at the Leamington Marina. I left home at 5 am and drove to Port Glasgow to get the boat and headed to Leamington on Hwy 3 instead of going back to the 401. That was a bad idea as there was construction and road closure on Hwy 3 just before Weatley. I had to go back north almost to the 401 and then south to Weatley. The boys were already at the marina waiting for me. On the hwy I looked in the rearview just in time to see my folded up and secured top go flying off the boat. I stopped and went back to get it. The cheap plastic fasteners attached to the boat broke and off it went. When it went it must have hit the latch on my kickers cowling cover and it came off as well. It was still in the boat thank god. Anyway we motored out to Point Peele and i set up 2 downriggers 3 rods on the big boards with different snap weights and 1 rod flat linning. No talking on the VHF but did not see any boats around us having any luck. We marked lots of fish from 10 feet down to 35 feet and I had lures and body baits in all these depths. We kept changing up lures and speeds with no luck at all. At noon I told the boys it was just a waste of time and we started to pull in lines. When I got to the last one, a rigger with a watermelon spoon on it as soon as I pulled it off the release I could feel a hit. I pulled back and set the hook on a nice 4 lb Walleye. That was it for the day. At least I have a fresh supper. Also talked to 3 gents when we came in. First guy said he got 1 walleye 2nd guy said he got 1 walleye and 2 perch 3rd man said he was with 3 others on a charter and got skunked.

Last edited:
Well it is now 4:30 and I just made it home. The boys decided they wanted to go to Leamington instead of Colchester and because I don't let them smoke in my truck they decided to meet me at the Leamington Marina. I left home at 5 am and drove to Port Glasgow to get the boat and headed to Leamington on Hwy 3 instead of going back to the 401. That was a bad idea as there was construction and road closure on Hwy 3 just before Weatley. I had to go back north almost to the 401 and then south to Weatley. The boys were already at the marina waiting for me. On the hwy I looked in the rearview just in time to see my folded up and secured top go flying off the boat. I stopped and went back to get it. The cheap plastic fasteners attached to the boat broke and off it went. When it went it must have hit the latch on my kickers cowling cover and it came off as well. It was still in the boat thank god. Anyway we motored out to Point Peele and i set up 2 downriggers 3 rods on the big boards with different snap weights and 1 rod flat linning. No talking on the VHF but did not see any boats around us having any luck. We marked lots of fish from 10 feet down to 35 feet and I had lures and body baits in all these depths. We kept changing up lures and speeds with no luck at all. At noon I told the boys it was just a waste of time and we started to pull in lines. When I got to the last one, a rigger with a watermelon spoon on it as soon as I pulled it off the release I could feel a hit. I pulled back and set the hook on a nice 4 lb Walleye. That was it for the day. At least I have a fresh supper.
If you decide to go back up that scrimmy dont follow the detour go to where road closed sign is go right to first road it is gravel go left to end its onlya mile or so go left back to 3 only about a mile out of the way came that way out of colchester a few weeks ago

Thanks for the report Wayne. That #3 detour has been in effect for 5 plus years now as the shore line has eaten up the road

I was fishing colchester this morning 20/21 and a couple silver bass reef runners 80-100 feet back did the job
Tried to find a website for Colchester Harbor. Is there a launch cost? I looks like a single launch. Does it look like there could be beach launch (for my yak)?

King Joe Outa Here!

Just spent the night there, rented a slip for the night. Great double launch and excellent service, not sure what the ramp cost it was included in my slip payment. There’s a beach right next to the marina where you could easily launch a kayak, would be a great spot to kayak fish, not far out to good fishing!

Just spent the night there, rented a slip for the night. Great double launch and excellent service, not sure what the ramp cost it was included in my slip payment. There’s a beach right next to the marina where you could easily launch a kayak, would be a great spot to kayak fish, not far out to good fishing!
Ramp is $12 and the staff helps launch, and tie up your boat. Both Leamington and Colchester have fantastic launches, well run, and low cost.

Also, unlike my $20+ local launch, they have dock cleats to tie to and bumper edging on all the docks without the sharp protruding steel thingys that resemble anti tank hedgehogs on the beaches of Normandy.... (okay I ranted a bit but it's over).

Ramp is $12 and the staff helps launch, and tie up your boat. Both Leamington and Colchester have fantastic launches, well run, and low cost.

Also, unlike my $20+ local launch, they have dock cleats to tie to and bumper edging on all the docks without the sharp protruding steel thingys that resemble anti tank hedgehogs on the beaches of Normandy.... (okay I ranted a bit but it's over).
Thats a good price at $12 and so is Leamington at $16 while port Franks is $30 and Port Glasgow is $20. Not sure what Port Stanley is. Best ramp I have ever used was Kincardine and last time I was there it was free to launch and park.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks