Toronto Maple Laffs

lol @Wave Runner & @Derkd9 👍👍 and it’s very true on everything you both had said about me,the @Red Hering !! lol 😝 🤪👊👊 😉👍🙂
I don't cheer for either team.... I can't handle habitual losers. ;):D

mapleleafsbags.jpg
images

lol @Wave Runner & @Derkd9 👍👍 and it’s very true on everything you both had said about me,the @Red Hering !! lol 😝 🤪👊👊 😉👍🙂
But please to you @Wave Runner & @Derkd9 be nice to me for the rest of this day,and perhaps 🤔 beyond as well,lol 😝, because myself and @Cannonball got “Skunked!” 🦨 this morning of the Walleye Opening Day on the Thames River,and I don’t need anymore,” abuse!!” lol 😝 Does a out of season small mouth bass count,for not being “skunked?”” 🤔 lol 😆 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0670.jpeg
    IMG_0670.jpeg
    519.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0676.jpeg
    IMG_0676.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 8
They deserved to win that game
Can’t beat a hot goalie and that’s what you need to win the cup
Naw, they played just well enough to lose. As usual. Had they played like they did in game 2 vs Tampa, then I'd agree, but they didn't. In fact they didn't play like that in ANY other game of the playoffs aside from the first 12 minutes of game 2 v Florida before Florida scored to make it 2-1 in that game. Then that 1:06 of the second period in that same game of Maple Leaf defensive brain fart happened, and they pretty much fell apart and could make a pass to save their lives let alone get into the Florida zone. I give Florida full credit for what they've done......NOBODY expected them to win a game, let alone the series against Boston, and very few gave them a chance against the Leafs.....me included......but not only did they win a game vs big bad Boston, they knocked'em out.......and then they came out in the second round and put the lessons EVERY team in the league has known for several years now on how to beat the Leafs into practice, and as it has in past playoff years, it worked again this year................Put a defensive blanket on "the core 4" (Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and Tavares) pressure and bang the Leaf D hard in their own zone, they'll cough up the puck, and in the process, generally leave the goalie high and dry.........look at the goals scored against them in the two playoff series..........more often than not......that is what happened.......Tampa didn't or couldn't take advantage of the Leafs poor defensive play........and Florida did......while playing strong d of their own, and when they had a defensive brain fart.........Bob the goalie was there to bail their asses out more often than he wasn't.......Vasilevski said it himself, he felt like he let Tampa down in that first round because he didn't make those big timely saves everyone was used to him making, and it cost them. The Leafs were lucky to get out of the first round because they very easily could have been golfing......and as I've said before, the ONLY ones to not realize that........were the Toronto Maple Leafs.

they should of won last night.. Reilly goal should of counted and Nylanders goal would of given them the win and off to game 6... also that BS penalty in OT
Here's the problem with the disallowed goal......the second Reilly pushed Bob the goalie's pad.........which he DID do.....the nullified any chance to goal would count unless it was CLEARLY across the line before he did that...........there was nothing conclusive to say the puck was in the net first..........then he (Reilly) as he was skating by after his first shot, pushed the pad.........can't do that..........would've been disallowed under any circumstances BECAUSE he pushed the pad.........the OT penalty, just that STUPID rule again.........it was Brodie's stick that hit it out of play while in the defensive zone.....and it cleared the Florida bench. Per the wording of that stupid rule, it was a penalty.........do I like that stupid rule. HELL NO.........what ever happened to referee discretion. Used to be that was only called if it was INTENTIONALLY done to alleviate the offensive pressure of the opposing team and the call was made entirely based on what the situation on the ice was at that time at the ref's discretion. But noooo, not after Buttmunch became the commissioner.......now we gotta take a game that wasn't broken, and "fix it" which really in many ways with some of the stupid rules that have been implemented, THAT one being the stupidest......broke the game that didn't need to be fixed in the first place.

But this is why I always pick two teams.....One from each Conference..........Leafs in the east (obvious right) and the Oilers in the west (because I lived in Oilers territory for 23 years, 6 of those right in Edmonton) but it hasn't really helped me any. Still no Cups from either team since 1990 when the Oilers last won it and yeah, we all know how long it's been for the Leafs ;)

LET IT GO!!!
Already worrying more about when I'm goin fishin next than I am hockey. Although the Oilers are still in it, IF they lose tomorrow, I won't likely watch any more hockey unless the Jays aren't playing on any given night. But right now, I'm more concerned with what my wife and I may or may not be doing, and when since she's on vacation and she takes priority over my next fishin trip this week ;) (unless she tells me to go in which case :ROFLMAO: ) Remember, I'm a die hard Leaf fan.......I'M USED TO THIS from them..........:banghead::ROFLMAO:

But this is why I always pick two teams.....One from each Conference..........Leafs in the east (obvious right) and the Oilers in the west (because I lived in Oilers territory for 23 years, 6 of those right in Edmonton) but it hasn't really helped me any. Still no Cups from either team since 1990 when the Oilers last won it and yeah, we all know how long it's been for the Leafs ;)
I know how you feel @Trevor M my “RED” beloved Montreal Canadiens,haven’t won a Stanley Cup since 1993,but not as long as one of your other favourite team’s,the Edmonton Oilers,when their last Stanley Cup was won in 1990,that you had mentioned. 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpeg
    IMG_0576.jpeg
    413.2 KB · Views: 1
I know how you feel @Trevor M my “RED” beloved Montreal Canadiens,haven’t won a Stanley Cup since 1993,but not as long as one of your other favourite team’s,the Edmonton Oilers,when their last Stanley Cup was won in 1990,that you had mentioned. 😉👍🙂
Again Red? While that is factual, what I've said about those Habs is ALSO factual. They've been no better and no worse than the Leafs since your beloved Habs last won it......but we won't go there this year. Unless you'd like me to remind you again..... ;) :ROFLMAO:

Naw, they played just well enough to lose. As usual. Had they played like they did in game 2 vs Tampa, then I'd agree, but they didn't. In fact they didn't play like that in ANY other game of the playoffs aside from the first 12 minutes of game 2 v Florida before Florida scored to make it 2-1 in that game. Then that 1:06 of the second period in that same game of Maple Leaf defensive brain fart happened, and they pretty much fell apart and could make a pass to save their lives let alone get into the Florida zone. I give Florida full credit for what they've done......NOBODY expected them to win a game, let alone the series against Boston, and very few gave them a chance against the Leafs.....me included......but not only did they win a game vs big bad Boston, they knocked'em out.......and then they came out in the second round and put the lessons EVERY team in the league has known for several years now on how to beat the Leafs into practice, and as it has in past playoff years, it worked again this year................Put a defensive blanket on "the core 4" (Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and Tavares) pressure and bang the Leaf D hard in their own zone, they'll cough up the puck, and in the process, generally leave the goalie high and dry.........look at the goals scored against them in the two playoff series..........more often than not......that is what happened.......Tampa didn't or couldn't take advantage of the Leafs poor defensive play........and Florida did......while playing strong d of their own, and when they had a defensive brain fart.........Bob the goalie was there to bail their asses out more often than he wasn't.......Vasilevski said it himself, he felt like he let Tampa down in that first round because he didn't make those big timely saves everyone was used to him making, and it cost them. The Leafs were lucky to get out of the first round because they very easily could have been golfing......and as I've said before, the ONLY ones to not realize that........were the Toronto Maple Leafs.
I don’t know I didn’t see the whole game as I was at work for a lot of it
But everything I saw they were all over them and out shot them as well 🤷🏻

I don’t know I didn’t see the whole game as I was at work for a lot of it
But everything I saw they were all over them and out shot them as well 🤷🏻
yeah they outshot them, and yeah it seemed like they were all over them because they were trying to press because they were down a goal, but they really weren't all over them at all. They had problems getting into the zone at times, hell they had a hard time getting through the neutral zone at times again......and way too many times couldn't clear their own zone......but a lot of those shots they took, easy saves, our CAT could've made them because often they were from distance and very rarely was there someone in front of the net to screen, let alone bother Bob the goalie. When they finally did get some traffic in front of him, Reilly scored from the blue line on a shot off a Florida player. That Nylander goal, Bob the goalie cheated on what he thought was going to be a pass.

I'm with @rcfire77... Give it up! You already know it's a given that it will be the exact same result next year. Relax. 🤭

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks